today
26-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Whats going on with the RVR department!

AMERlCA...
26-08-2008, 08:14 PM
LOL yes i know its going abit mad at the moment in the rares department

Favourtism
26-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Two managers and a member of staff fired!
Wow :o

scott
26-08-2008, 08:17 PM
didnt expect this..

Lee
26-08-2008, 08:19 PM
-thomas- hasn't been active in months, manager where fired for apperently not updating values. Silly tbh.

Funya Chin
26-08-2008, 08:20 PM
They've been fixing innit.

The Professor
26-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Maybe there was a less than successful party and they managed to annoy MAD by moving the limbo stick lower while he was doing it?

Looks interesting whatever it is.

Favourtism
26-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Whatever it is, Congratulations to Danube :)

scott
26-08-2008, 08:24 PM
LOL ^ made me laugh idk why but yh :P

o trust u too post i mean alex's post :)

The Professor
Whatever it is, Congratulations to Danube :)

I concur with the above :)

Slowpoke
Aww, Paul & Nia! :(

today
Should be fun this.

Hazza
26-08-2008, 08:25 PM
"Not updating values" - I'm extremely annoyed and upset to be honest. They were both amazing managers.

But nevertheless; good luck to Danube :)

Favourtism
26-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I concur with the above :)
What's with you and the word 'concur' :(

Should be fun this.
I don't know about fun but it is interesting :p

today
26-08-2008, 08:26 PM
He bums concur, although to him it means "cumcur! LOL!

Slowpoke
26-08-2008, 08:28 PM
"Not updating values" - I'm extremely annoyed and upset to be honest. They were both amazing managers.

I found that the values were updated often but I don't really know what goes on behind the scenes so I won't comment. :(

The Professor
26-08-2008, 08:29 PM
What's with you and the word 'concur' :(

I don't know about fun but it is interesting :p

Sounds like conker.

Hazza
26-08-2008, 08:31 PM
I think paul has been too caught up with the HxSS and Nia hasn't been on lately I suppose. Dan will do a make job, and beware changes will be coming. Some may be shockers!

Favourtism
26-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Sounds like conker.
You like conkers then?

I think paul has been too caught up with the HxSS and Nia hasn't been on lately I suppose. Dan will do a make job, and beware changes will be coming. Some may be shockers!
As Shocking as the firings were?

Hazza
26-08-2008, 08:34 PM
You like conkers then?

As Shocking as the firings were?
Haha, doubt it ;)
There's a clue on the forum about one already!

Hence my usertitle!

Funya Chin
26-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Well he shouldn't have more jobs than he can handle!

Sammeth.
26-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Haha, doubt it ;)
There's a clue on the forum about one already!

Hence my usertitle!
If you become assistant Ill shoot myself in the face.

Oh sad to see Paul and Nia go. They were well lush.

Hazza
26-08-2008, 08:39 PM
If you become assistant Ill shoot myself in the face.

Oh sad to see Paul and Nia go. They were well lush.
Haha, nothing like that! ;)
The assistant will most likely go to a HRVR.

Hence my usertitle = "Expect the unexpected"

Favourtism
26-08-2008, 08:41 PM

I browsed the showgroups page looking for your name under dep managers, until I released you are Trade Expert at the moment :p

I cant see it going to a Trade Expert as the promotion for that is Head RVR I think xD

Sammeth.
26-08-2008, 08:41 PM

I was joking innit (I would never shoot myself in the face)

Hazza
26-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I browsed the showgroups page looking for your name under dep managers, until I released you are Trade Expert at the moment :p

I cant see it going to a Trade Expert as the promotion for that is Head RVR I think xD
You can skip matey. I don't suspect it'll be me.
Maybe if I didn't have break from values for about 6 months it would be, haha :)

PaulMacC
26-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Danube will get through it, he's a quality guy.

Slowpoke
26-08-2008, 08:55 PM
You can skip matey. I don't suspect it'll be me.
Maybe if I didn't have break from values for about 6 months it would be, haha :)

Stop being so vague Hazza, tell us the secret, don't leave us hangin'!

today
26-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Maybe i should rename this to "Generl firing" theres loads!!!

Slowpoke
26-08-2008, 09:01 PM
MADs having a clear-out, he's on a mission!

today
26-08-2008, 09:02 PM
i know, i wanna know whos new gfx tbh

Funya Chin
26-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Bye bye P-A!

Favourtism
26-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Bye bye P-A!
:(
I actually checked Announcements then!

The Professor
26-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I can see it coming tbh, MAD hates it when I mention the limbo incident in public.

DieselShaq
27-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I've now been fired too for a pathetic excuse. Not sure if you people saw my thread, but it has been deleted after I accused the management of discrimination against the Rare Values department.

Anyhow, back to Paul and Nia. MAD's excuse for firing both of them are almost as pathetic as the excuse for firing me. Do they expect values to change everyday? Do they expect a change in value just because of one or two trades? Were Paul and Nia meant to change values even though no trades for a rare was seen?

msb.
27-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I've now been fired too for a pathetic excuse. Not sure if you people saw my thread, but it has been deleted after I accused the management of discrimination against the Rare Values department.

Anyhow, back to Paul and Nia. MAD's excuse for firing both of them are almost as pathetic as the excuse for firing me. Do they expect values to change everyday? Do they expect a change in value just because of one or two trades? Were Paul and Nia meant to change values even though no trades for a rare was seen?

I beg to differ, I think they should be changed more particually the number of amount of rares now.

no waiii
27-08-2008, 01:09 PM
MADs having a clear-out, he's on a mission!

Your Next LOL

Jking

i tough there was another reason to them going but looks like there wasnt :)

DieselShaq
27-08-2008, 01:13 PM
It's a tough job as a Rare Values Reporter. We don't just change values depending on the values for which they've been traded for. We also have to take into the account the number of times rares are sold for for a particular value and whether it is enough to show a rise or fall in value. It's difficult to change the values for even more than half the rares because most the time, it's more or less the same rare being traded. How often do you see Black Pillows being traded? How about some of the Fans? Parasol Set?

today
27-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I locked my thread to save your back, dont ruin it! :l

GoldenMerc
27-08-2008, 01:17 PM
will you scratch my back.
Also big firings woop

DieselShaq
27-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I was just stating how hard it is to actually manage the department. Don't get me wrong, msb., I don't blame you for thinking it's easy and that the values can be updated more often, because I used to think so too. But after actually spending time working for the department, I realised how hard it is and that you really have to spare time out to look for successful trades. Demands are quite high in the department.

You
27-08-2008, 01:30 PM
lol noobs

GommeInc
27-08-2008, 01:34 PM
If this post has anything to with anything, then the PMs MAD gives to everyone are so belittling and degrading. You MUST do this and you MUST do that. Pah! Don't talk down to your staff, talk with them. Is that what happens when someone is fired?

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5044282&postcount=1

DieselShaq
27-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Woop, you saw it GommeInc! Yay, and it is what happens.

GommeInc
27-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I get bored and browse around, I normally end up seeing arguments! :D I have RantDar, the boring gentleman's answer to GayDar :D!

Zehro
27-08-2008, 01:46 PM
If this post has anything to with anything, then the PMs MAD gives to everyone are so belittling and degrading. You MUST do this and you MUST do that. Pah! Don't talk down to your staff, talk with them. Is that what happens when someone is fired?

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5044282&postcount=1

I have to agree with you there. Surely a warning would suffice, but instead a degrading PM is sent which not only heckles the member in question, but tells him that he's been fired when, in my eyes, was not needed.

today
27-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I get bored and browse around, I normally end up seeing arguments! :D I have RantDar, the boring gentleman's answer to GayDar :D!
Nah, you just use GayDar.

DieselShaq
27-08-2008, 01:55 PM
It's just like me saying "MAD, you MUST NOT talk down to your staff members. You MUST respect them as they respect you, even though you are of higher rank. If they do not like the way you talk to them, the DO have the right to resign and you WILL be left with no staff."

He could've just told me the reason I was fired and he'd be done. I mean it's just like, "I'm not your staff anymore, stop bossing me around."

HotelUser
27-08-2008, 02:21 PM

Being fired for such a reason is ridiculous. There has to be more to it than that. Being fired for that shouldn't happen at all, because there should be good communication between the general manager and the department manager, and if not updating value enough posed a problem, then Paul should have been told this a few times. Not just one time over a month ago. Perhaps I've missed the mark here, but if this is the case then the fault isn't Pauls..it's the general managers.

DieselShaq
27-08-2008, 02:48 PM
HotelUser, I totally agree with you. I have stated in the forum many times that the excuse is simply ridiculous and that there is definitely more to it than just that. According to Gapu, there is a rule stating that we are not allowed to discuss the reason for which we were fired. Why do you think that is? Obviously there is more to it than just what they say. This is communism. The management (GMs and AGMs) is more than just bad, but I don't think I'm allowed to express myself in the colourful manner I wish to.

HotelUser
27-08-2008, 02:56 PM
HotelUser, I totally agree with you. I have stated in the forum many times that the excuse is simply ridiculous and that there is definitely more to it than just that. According to Gapu, there is a rule stating that we are not allowed to discuss the reason for which we were fired. Why do you think that is? Obviously there is more to it than just what they say. This is communism. The management (GMs and AGMs) is more than just bad, but I don't think I'm allowed to express myself in the colourful manner I wish to.

Yes, like perhaps if I were help desk staff, and an AGM had banned a certain user from the room and I told the AGM I disagreed with why the user was banned, I would probably feel hesitant to speak my mind about it, for fear that the situation would go down hill. I think the communication between staff and their boss needs to improve in many cases.

DieselShaq
27-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Could you please reply to my PM? I'd like to know your situation =)

HotelUser
27-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Could you please reply to my PM? I'd like to know your situation =)

Pmed ;).

Nia!
29-08-2008, 04:08 AM
They've been fixing innit.

We weren't fixing, they just apparently wasn't being updated enough. Which is probably true, but getting into college came first so meh lol.

Nd to add Well done danny ^^

XX

Nia!
29-08-2008, 04:22 AM
Being fired for such a reason is ridiculous. There has to be more to it than that. Being fired for that shouldn't happen at all, because there should be good communication between the general manager and the department manager, and if not updating value enough posed a problem, then Paul should have been told this a few times. Not just one time over a month ago. Perhaps I've missed the mark here, but if this is the case then the fault isn't Pauls..it's the general managers.

No that was the only reason we were fired. The message said something like blah blah blah <-- soz can't remember most of it :P then something about the sluggish ways we update values

XX

DieselShaq
29-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Nia, what HotelUser meant was that there are more behind-the-scene things that weren't revealed at all, so they gave a pathetic excuse to fire you.

Fehm
29-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Agreed with everyone =] lol

Its all mad, but im sure they'll come out on top again!"

Mrs.McCall
29-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I think this is all a little harsh on MAD because he isn't the only one who makes decisions on who to fire.

Also, there is a clear crackdown on staff who aren't following the rules. As Habbox staff you are expected to follow the rules to a higher standard because if a staff member is breaking the rules it isn't a very good example.

Before anyone says "you can't have an opinion" well, you can, but you can also express it in a manner that is less gung-ho and appropriate manner. I find MAD to be very conservative and open minded as on several occasions I have approached him with complaints, annoyances and just general greivences and he's listened and explained... and I'm still staff.

I am very sorry to see you got fired as I am Paul and Nia but at the end of the day, MAD and the management had their reasons and I think that should be respected. I do feel it was unfortunate that all those firings happened on one day as it looked more like a cull but this certainly wasn't the case.

no waiii
30-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I think this is all a little harsh on MAD because he isn't the only one who makes decisions on who to fire.

Also, there is a clear crackdown on staff who aren't following the rules. As Habbox staff you are expected to follow the rules to a higher standard because if a staff member is breaking the rules it isn't a very good example.

Before anyone says "you can't have an opinion" well, you can, but you can also express it in a manner that is less gung-ho and appropriate manner. I find MAD to be very conservative and open minded as on several occasions I have approached him with complaints, annoyances and just general greivences and he's listened and explained... and I'm still staff.

I am very sorry to see you got fired as I am Paul and Nia but at the end of the day, MAD and the management had their reasons and I think that should be respected. I do feel it was unfortunate that all those firings happened on one day as it looked more like a cull but this certainly wasn't the case.

Yes, its obv MAD got told from someone higher that they were doin something wrong :)

scott
30-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Yes, like perhaps if I were help desk staff, and an AGM had banned a certain user from the room and I told the AGM I disagreed with why the user was banned, I would probably feel hesitant to speak my mind about it, for fear that the situation would go down hill. I think the communication between staff and their boss needs to improve in many cases.
I sure hope this last bit was not aimed at what happened with you, i worked with you as much as possible to try and sort out the problem. :P

Mrs.McCall
30-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, its obv MAD got told from someone higher that they were doin something wrong :)

I am not saying that as such because I know Paul and he's an ace guy but what I am saying is, if someone has been fired there is always a reason so having a go at MAD for it is hardly fair imo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!