PDA

View Full Version : Art A Level Help +3rep

Holofoil
26-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Hellooooo
I'm doing Art for A level, starting September, and I need to think of my first project (of 3) to do. I might start taking photos or do some sketches in preperation.
So I was thinking of doing one project on old wrinkly models because I'm good at drawing people and the art teacher has basically forced me to anyway cos she thinks I'm good at painting people, and wrinkly people are more interesting :D Erk
And so I have 2 projects I need to decide on.... Most art students out there will know they want your project to be 'a journey' which has a 'conclusion' at the end - the final painting.
My problem is, I keep trying to think of awesome final paintings to do, but I need to steer away from that, and start of with something simple, and carry on from that and explore etc.
So if anyone has any clue what I'm on about, do you have any tips on starting the project? I need some general ideas. One idea I have is to do a project on shoes, since that gives me a massive scope. I've got a post card with some doodles of shoes on it, from my dad, so I'm going to start that project off with that.
What I'd most like is some advice from people who have done a level, and some info about what they did for their projects. I don't really need advice like 'go out and draw and take photos and see where that leads you' because I kind of already know that... but all advice still appreciated.... thanks

Oh, and I'm doing DT too, and I dunno what to do for that either... I want it to be pretty small, nothing massive. For gcse I did a wooden labyrinth with a marble that had to be tilted around and avoid holes.

xx

Mr.Sam
26-08-2008, 09:53 PM
some of the 12 projects I did for a level

teapot
landscapes
historical and contemporary
installation for a hospital
anime
sculpture for london 2012

Holofoil
26-08-2008, 10:26 PM
12? why did you do 12?

FlyingJesus
26-08-2008, 11:01 PM
If you know already what you wanna do for a final piece then do what I do - work backwards. Make up stuff that is apparently "preparation" for your piece, and because you already know what it'll be you can make it work perfectly.
Also yeah if you're gonna do figures then do fat/wrinkly people because there's more to work with

Mr.Sam
26-08-2008, 11:08 PM
because I did a course where we had to do 12 units.

Holofoil
27-08-2008, 08:02 PM
If you know already what you wanna do for a final piece then do what I do - work backwards. Make up stuff that is apparently "preparation" for your piece, and because you already know what it'll be you can make it work perfectly.
Also yeah if you're gonna do figures then do fat/wrinkly people because there's more to work with
Last thing I want to do is work backwards... I did that for gcse's and it was obvious I did. It's easy to tell if people do. Plus you can't be creative since you've limited yourself to one single painting.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!