PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media question

bigdavecox90
27-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Used to have NTL which obviously then changed to Virgin Media.

Have a cable modem installed for Internet, can this just be replaced with a wireless router to allow Internet all around the house?

darkchicken101
27-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Your wireless router would have to have a cable modem built in. If it does, you'll be fine.

Alternatively, you might be able to get any old wireless router and plug it into the cable modem. However, this is more complicated and may cause some problems.

bigdavecox90
27-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Your wireless router would have to have a cable modem built in. If it does, you'll be fine.

Alternatively, you might be able to get any old wireless router and plug it into the cable modem. However, this is more complicated and may cause some problems.

So from what you say, it has to be a cable router?

N!ck
27-08-2008, 04:55 PM
You need to get a cable wireless router and you basically plug the ethernet cable coming from you Virgin Media modem into the WAN port on the router and do some setting up.

Technologic
27-08-2008, 05:38 PM
I swear virgin media gave you a free wireless router along with the cable modem :l They did for us

bigdavecox90
27-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I swear virgin media gave you a free wireless router along with the cable modem :l They did for us

They might have done, but what I'm saying is, we were originally NTL, so they didn't change anything apart from the service if that makes sense?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!