PDA

View Full Version : iTunes store

bigdavecox90
27-08-2008, 10:19 PM
This is gonna make me sound really cheap, but is there anyway of filtering like all the free stuff to download?

Mr.Sam
27-08-2008, 10:23 PM
doesn't make you sound cheap, who would turn down free music? :P

They do have a weekly free song.

if you're browsing through stuff you can click the price tab and sort by price (high to low or low to high)

bigdavecox90
27-08-2008, 10:26 PM
doesn't make you sound cheap, who would turn down free music? :P

They do have a weekly free song.

if you're browsing through stuff you can click the price tab and sort by price (high to low or low to high)

Thanks mate :D

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Also can I still buy the iPod Touch update, as I'm using my Grandads computer or will that then register my details with his iTunes?

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Also can I still buy the iPod Touch update, as I'm using my Grandads computer or will that then register my details with his iTunes?

In clearer words, I don't have an iTunes account yet, obviously I need one in order to do the update.

If I create an iTunes account on my Grandads PC, is that automatically stored to his PC or can I then access it back at home?

Recursion
28-08-2008, 08:22 PM
You will be able to login back at home and download everything you bought at your grandads.

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 08:23 PM
You will be able to login back at home and download everything you bought at your grandads.

So technically there is nothing stopping me doing it here?

The only thing is when you go to the update page, it says 'You must be using the PC you sync music from' !?

Recursion
28-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeh, some DRM crap for music etc

Stops iPods syncing with more than one computer.

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeh, some DRM crap for music etc

Stops iPods syncing with more than one computer.

So I can actually create an iTunes account and then download the update on this computer?

And it won't affect if then my Grandad wants to create an iTunes account?

Recursion
28-08-2008, 08:26 PM
You can manage your account, buy stuff etc..., just not edit anything on your iPod as far as im aware, thats how it used to be, I think it still is. When you get home you can just login to your iTunes account do a "check for downloads" and it will downloads everything you have bought on your account, regardless what computer it was bought on.

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 08:28 PM
You can manage your account, buy stuff etc..., just not edit anything on your iPod as far as im aware, thats how it used to be, I think it still is. When you get home you can just login to your iTunes account do a "check for downloads" and it will downloads everything you have bought on your account, regardless what computer it was bought on.

OK mate.

Thanks for your help :D

Apparently I do have an iTunes account, now I'm having trouble signing in :(

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 08:44 PM
OK mate.

Thanks for your help :D

Apparently I do have an iTunes account, now I'm having trouble signing in :(

Sorted it.

The only problem is, updating on a different PC other than my own wipes all of my music. :(

Recursion
28-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Glad I could help! :)

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Glad I could help! :)

Just having fun downloading loads of free apps now :)

Do they automatically sync to iPod?

Firehorse
30-08-2008, 12:50 PM
you just click the applications tab when your ipod is plugged in and have sync all selected.

bigdavecox90
30-08-2008, 02:24 PM
you just click the applications tab when your ipod is plugged in and have sync all selected.

Cheers mate, thanks for replying.

I did manage to do it in the end :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!