PDA

View Full Version : Moving To Florida :(

Mint
28-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Florida for a holiday? Yes! Florida for a home? No :rolleyes: We went there on our last holiday and my parents have been going on ever since about it being the place to be, we did invest into a few condos while we where there but we never originally planned on living there. Now my parents are starting to sell the buisnesses up and apply for our green card. I don't want to go because it just won't be home. Can anyone cheer me up about moving to a different country or to be more precise, Florida?

Swearwolf
28-08-2008, 05:23 PM
??? I'd love to move to florida.

Hazza
28-08-2008, 05:24 PM
omg. i wish i was you :(
(after i left school, this yr).

bigdavecox90
28-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't know why you're sad mate.

I'd love to live there :)

Mint
28-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I was ready to come home after spending just 2 weeks there, I will be disconnected with some of my family, all of my friends and England itself.

Rixion
28-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Moving to Florida is fabb!

Its much better weather n stuff surely you'll make friends if you, mingle.
if I had any opportunity to get out of england I would.

but if you feel uncomfortable about it talk to your parents.

Javascrypt
28-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Florida for a holiday? Yes! Florida for a home? No :rolleyes: We went there on our last holiday and my parents have been going on ever since about it being the place to be, we did invest into a few condos while we where there but we never originally planned on living there. Now my parents are starting to sell the buisnesses up and apply for our green card. I don't want to go because it just won't be home. Can anyone cheer me up about moving to a different country or to be more precise, Florida?
Consider yourself lucky, i'd love to go! Im Going in 4 weeks but i'd love to live there.

ebay
28-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Lucky you. I am moving to New Zealand in October! :)

Zabuza
28-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Omg you should be ecstatic. I'd love to live there.
Be happy ;o

Dan2nd
28-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I understand what this guy is saying. What a lot of people fail to realise its easy to say 'omg Florida is great I'd love to live there' when your not actually moving there yourself. I've been to Florida a few times and yeah its a really exciting place when you go on Holiday and spend the whole time going to Disney, Universal Studios and Sea World etc when your doing all of that its fine lol but imagine actually living there.. its so humid lol when I went there during the hottest time of the year I swear I went through 3 sets of clothes everyday rofl.. I think you really fail to see what you'd be leaving behind when you move countries until the day actually comes and you come to face what you're leaving behind: Your place of Birth, Your friends, Family such as grand parents, aunts, uncles etc

CJW93
28-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I wish I was in your shoes

alexxxxx
28-08-2008, 09:35 PM
i'd hate to live there - you have to drive bloody everywhere. And nothing's close together.

Andys
28-08-2008, 09:37 PM
What!! You're well lucky!!!

I wanna live there when i'm older.

Misawa
28-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Florida? I would kill to move out there right now. The lifestyle is so relaxed and just about everything you could want is there. The only downside is the tornado season, aha.

Starburst..x
29-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I understand what your saying about not wanting to move, because I've had friends that have moved to different countries and at first they did get the usual homesickness, but once they settled down and made close groups of friends they love it and don't want to move back here. Just think of the opportunites you will have out there, for one its a better standard of living out there and its not like friends and family cant ever come to stay with you. And on the other hand, if you really dont like it when your older, its not like you won't be able to move back to England
But when you do go I think you will love it, its an amazing opportunity.:)

Mr.Sam
29-08-2008, 01:00 PM
it's highly likely for most people to not see friends from school in later life anyway, most people would see 1 or 2 only.

You'll be fine, find new friends to hang out with and enjoy yourself :)

Flisker
29-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Ive moved countries 2 times England > Germany > Ukraine > England IT was ok but i wanted to move back to my home country and i done that.

Recursion
29-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I love to live there in terms of the country, place etc... But hate to live there because of what I would be leaving behind.

-Wolverine
31-08-2008, 06:47 AM
You need cheering up? You are moving to Florida, that should be good enough cheering up for you.

Edit: Well it depends where in Florida are you moving to? Orlando is awesome, same with Miami, but Tampa and Jacksonville are dumps.

alexxxxx
31-08-2008, 02:36 PM
You need cheering up? You are moving to Florida, that should be good enough cheering up for you.

Edit: Well it depends where in Florida are you moving to? Orlando is awesome, same with Miami, but Tampa and Jacksonville are dumps.

Tampa is horrible. It's really really weird, it doesn't build up to the big buildings, they just are there. If you catch my drift. Just seems a bit dull.

Loqo
31-08-2008, 02:43 PM
That sounds awesome! I'd love to live their. UK is terrible and for school friends, after you leave you'll be lucky to stay in touch with at least 3. You'll find new friends their just like you would here in the UK after leaving school, you should be happy right now.

-Wolverine
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
;5057962']Tampa is horrible. It's really really weird, it doesn't build up to the big buildings, they just are there. If you catch my drift. Just seems a bit dull.

Yeah, and its such an empty place, it's really wierd. It's just a bunch of buildings and a bay, that's all there is.

Cypher-
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
No way man your nation is your nation and friends are friends, Id hate to move to another country outside of GB I love our culture too much.

AndrewByrne
02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
My family was gonna buy a house there. Ended up did'nt
And I dont like America/Americans
:)
Yes, I relise thats racist ^o^

Jordan:A
02-09-2008, 07:37 PM
They have aload of hurricans over there dont they ?

Lisabel
02-09-2008, 11:36 PM
I love america. Alex if you moved, you could work as Mickey Mouse :D

Mint
03-09-2008, 06:27 AM
I love america. Alex if you moved, you could work as Mickey Mouse :D
:$ I'd rather dress as spiderman!

Earthquake
03-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Don't worry, its going to take at least three years for you to move there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!