PDA

View Full Version : Mario should retire? Details inside

Southe,
28-08-2008, 10:35 PM
On msn there was a link to a article about mario retiring so i clicked and read

Basically someone writing an article about why mario should retire and nintendo make a new character.

Link
http://tech.uk.msn.com/gaming/article.aspx?cp-documentid=9277714

Funny thing is msn is owned by microsoft is it not? :rolleyes:

Fez
28-08-2008, 10:46 PM
http://jewbear.net/thumbs/1219963668690.jpg

I'm no plumber, never was, never will be.

Mario will be around forever, it is Nintendo's trademark and I doubt they would give it up now

Misawa
28-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Mario made Nintendo. In these times it just isn't possible to make another character that everyone is truly going to love in the same way. Mario was revolutionary, and there just isn't room for such impact these days because everything's been done. Mario will never be retired, and it's completely idiotic that anyone would waste their breath writing that article.

Neil
29-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Yea, Mario will be around as long as Nintendo are making consoles and games, he is quite obviously the biggest icon in the whole of gaming, even if you don't play games much almost everyone will know who Mario is, dispite the fact he's overused and recent titles are a bit dry compared to the original games they'll never stop using him because it's just and easy way to earn money fast

Holofoil
29-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh come on - short, italian, butch plumber, with a mustache to die for. What more could you want?

Javascrypt
29-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Mario made Nintendo. In these times it just isn't possible to make another character that everyone is truly going to love in the same way. Mario was revolutionary, and there just isn't room for such impact these days because everything's been done. Mario will never be retired, and it's completely idiotic that anyone would waste their breath writing that article.

But Mario Is Boring Nowadays, He Stars In Too Many Games.

MrPinkPanther
30-08-2008, 09:47 AM
But Mario Is Boring Nowadays, He Stars In Too Many Games.
Super Mario Galaxy - Most sites GOTY.
Mario kart - Most played online Wii game.

Mario
30-08-2008, 10:28 AM
:3 I shall never retire :P

Tom:GC
30-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Mario is genius, theres no way he can retire!

The games are so addictive yet so simple, and Nintendo are making money off him so they've got no reason to retire him!

xxMATTGxx
30-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I used to play the old Mario games, they were awesome.

today
30-08-2008, 10:42 AM
i still do sometimes. amazing!

Tom:GC
30-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah they're really good.

Someones just found a way to play old NES games on the PS3 so I might have a look at that later and see if I can get Mario running!

Zak
02-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Mario Rules

Charted
02-09-2008, 06:14 AM

Well said. Sorry you lot but it is INCREDIBLY unlikely that Mario will be going anytime soon! Like the only chance of Mario going is if Nintendo go too.

Misawa
02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks.

Ultimately, Mario IS Nintendo.

Fez
02-09-2008, 07:30 PM
wat

so it's a Mario Wii :P

Jordan:A
02-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Well there wrecking him now by making him more modern

Neversoft
03-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Mario is one of, if not the, most recognised and most loved fictional characters in history. People have grown up with Mario for more than twenty decades. Having him 'retire' would be one of the most stupid decision's in the history of mankind. That article fails to bring up any vaild points and is quite simply meaningless. Nintendo would never take Mario for granted, anyone who is a fan of video games knows that and anyone can see that Mario is still at the top of his game, as always.

Southe,
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
People have grown up with Mario for more than twenty decades. Having him 'retire' would be one of the most stupid decision's in the history of mankind.

well if its been twenty decades :rolleyes: mayb he should lol isnt a decade 10 years? sou wouldnt it make it like 3 or something :S

Neversoft
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
well if its been twenty decades :rolleyes: mayb he should lol isnt a decade 10 years? sou wouldnt it make it like 3 or something :S

Mario first appeared in 1981, but first appeared in his own game in 1983. So that would make him 27 years old, and his game series 25 years old. The fact that he's been going this long is proof of his impact and importance in gaming, so saying he should retire because it's been a few decades is stupid.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!