PDA

View Full Version : Keylogger

msb.
29-08-2008, 01:02 AM
I was wondering if I ever got keylogged, does that mean the "hacker"

could view my screen or just whatever I type?

or both?

Swearwolf
29-08-2008, 01:12 AM
possibly both

Leetzgirl
29-08-2008, 01:28 AM
keylogger is key logging...

It would do screen shots but it can be pointless.

Earthquake
29-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Both in different cases, but only screenshots of your screen, from what I've witnessed and used.

Andys
29-08-2008, 01:31 AM
I always thought it just records all key strokes.

Calon
29-08-2008, 10:17 AM
A Keylogger is basically a script which compiles keystrokes of the hacked "victim" and usually emails to the hacker, or compiles to a file which is sent.

Stephen08
29-08-2008, 11:33 AM
A Keylogger is basically a script which compiles keystrokes of the hacked "victim" and usually emails to the hacker, or compiles to a file which is sent.

Don't you mean records?

Calon
29-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Don't you mean records?
No, keystrokes. It's another word for "records".

Stephen08
29-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I meant...

A Keylogger is basically a script which records keystrokes of the hacked "victim" and usually emails to the hacker, or compiles to a file which is sent.

Kevin
29-08-2008, 02:54 PM
If your worried about keyloggers, install this handy tool that encrpyts your keystrokes :] heres a map of how its done to explain

Key Scrambler is rated number 3 in privacy programs on Download.com
http://www.qfxsoftware.com/images/howitworks_h.gifhttp://www.qfxsoftware.com/images/howitworks_v.gif

The free version only works on certain browsers, but for firefox/ie its a must have :]

http://www.download.com/KeyScrambler-Personal/3000-2144_4-10571274.html
-Ke

msb.
29-08-2008, 07:33 PM
erm I don't download things people recommend on this forum but thanks mate
+
erm lol, so basically if I got keylogged and use the on screen keyboard from windows xp to login, can they still get my password, they as in hacker/s

Leetzgirl
29-08-2008, 07:39 PM
erm I don't download things people recommend on this forum but thanks mate
+
erm lol, so basically if I got keylogged and use the on screen keyboard from windows xp to login, can they still get my password, they as in hacker/s

yes -.-

msb.
29-08-2008, 07:59 PM
yes -.-
but not if they i got keylogged where strokes are recordered

not the screen keylogged?

Kevin
29-08-2008, 08:02 PM
but not if they i got keylogged where strokes are recordered

not the screen keylogged?

In some keylogging programs they include the feture of being able to take screenshots of your screen, this isint the case with all keyloggers, just a couple of them. by the way, if somthing is on download.com, number 3 in privacy tools nothings going to be wrong with it, its not going to have spyware/virus/adware.

-Kevin

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:03 PM
In some keylogging programs they include the feture of being able to take screenshots of your screen, this isint the case with all keyloggers, just a couple of them. by the way, if somthing is on download.com, number 3 in privacy tools nothings going to be wrong with it, its not going to have spyware/virus/adware.

-Kevin
surely that program can see what your typing aswell, right :S

today
29-08-2008, 08:22 PM
It encrypts it so you cant.

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:23 PM
It encrypts it so you cant.
so you can't wot mate?

today
29-08-2008, 08:24 PM
so you can't wot mate?
It encripts it so you cant see the keystrokes recorded.

Such as "hello" would be encrypted to "r89gdiuye"

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:25 PM
It encripts it so you cant see the keystrokes recorded.

Such as "hello" would be encrypted to "r89gdiuye"

are so basically on screen keyboard

prevents you from getting hacked really

because when u type using your mouse, then the letters get encrypted to changed to random letters?

Leetzgirl
29-08-2008, 08:25 PM
This thread just confused me now.

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:26 PM
This thread just confused me now.
same

but today is teaching me something lol

these silly questions might look silly but actually have a meaning behind them which therefore you can learn alot.

today
29-08-2008, 08:27 PM
No, when you use your mouse it can be recorded still, only when you type via keyboard would it be encrypted, from what i know.

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:29 PM
No, when you use your mouse it can be recorded still, only when you type via keyboard would it be encrypted, from what i know.
thats obviously false

so ur telling me an keylogger, non screen, will get encrypted
LOLL

today
29-08-2008, 08:31 PM
thats obviously false

so ur telling me an keylogger, non screen, will get encrypted
LOLL
If a keylogger screanprints your screen there's really not much you can do about it. However you can encrypt all data you send to the browser, or at least help stop it.

Thus programs like one posted does so. Using the on screen keyboard is giving the keylogger direct details as the mouse will show the details.

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:33 PM
If a keylogger screanprints your screen there's really not much you can do about it. However you can encrypt all data you send to the browser, or at least help stop it.

Thus programs like one posted does so. Using the on screen keyboard is giving the keylogger direct details as the mouse will show the details.

because if the mouse is being used then

screenshots would be taken

right :S?

today
29-08-2008, 08:35 PM
because if the mouse is being used then

screenshots would be taken

right :S?
Yes, depending upon the keylogger if it takes screenprints or keystrokes (or even both).

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Yes, depending upon the keylogger if it takes screenprints or keystrokes (or even both).

so kinda like 50/50 really

screenprints,mouse matters

keystrokes, keys matter?

today
29-08-2008, 08:38 PM

keystrokes, keys matter?
The KeyScrambler someone posted would help stop keyloggers getting information, but only by typing via keyboard and not via onscreen keyboard. From what i gather, maybe both (I'm not sure, but deff typing via keyboard for sure would be safe)

KeyScrambler Personal is a free plug-in for your Web browser that protects everything you type from keyloggers. It defeats keyloggers by encrypting your keystrokes at the keyboard driver level, deep within the operating system. When the encrypted keystrokes reach your browser, KeyScrambler then decrypts them so you see exactly the keys you've typed. Keyloggers can only record the encrypted keys, which are completely indecipherable. Unlike anti-virus and anti-spyware programs that depend on recognition to remove keyloggers that they know about, KeyScrambler will protect you from both known and unknown keyloggers. What's more, KeyScrambler provides protection without getting in your way. You don't have anything to learn about the program and you don't have to do anything differently, but with KeyScrambler your important personal information will be a whole lot safer.

Kevin
29-08-2008, 08:39 PM

keystrokes, keys matter?

Id be more worried about recording of the keystrokes, i did out the food chain earlyer for you

how it works

KEYBOARD > ENCRPT > KELOGGER > DECRYPT > PROGRAM

so it passes out the keylogger, and only shows the application what its typing by explain the jumble of code it has made. its not that hard to understand really, but it is a safe program, anyone on this forum will tell you so.

-Kevin

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:42 PM
OH I GET IT

thanks u 2very much

so basically, if I got keylogged and type my password via keyboard, it basically shows the keylogger something else as the keys are decrypted.
right?

today
29-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Id be more worried about recording of the keystrokes, i did out the food chain earlyer for you

how it works

KEYBOARD > ENCRPT > KELOGGER > DECRYPT > PROGRAM

so it passes out the keylogger, and only shows the application what its typing by explain the jumble of code it has made. its not that hard to understand really, but it is a safe program, anyone on this forum will tell you so.

-Kevin
Yeah, as Kevin said its pretty much

Type > Encrpt > Send encrypted content to keylogger > decrypt > show.

Example:

Hello > Becomes "tudviuh465" > Keylogger sees that > decrypts to "Hello" > shows what you wrote.

Thus keylogger would be sent aload of crap.

Edit: Yes Msb. Thats what it would do :)

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:46 PM
lol

would it tell me tho if i am being keylogged?

or not

today
29-08-2008, 08:49 PM
lol

or not

KeyScrambler will protect you from both known and unknown keyloggers. What's more, KeyScrambler provides protection without getting in your way. You don't have anything to learn about the program and you don't have to do anything differently, but with KeyScrambler your important personal information will be a whole lot safer.

Im guessing it will give you some idea or your Anti-Virus would.

today
29-08-2008, 08:49 PM
lol

or not

KeyScrambler will protect you from both known and unknown keyloggers. What's more, KeyScrambler provides protection without getting in your way. You don't have anything to learn about the program and you don't have to do anything differently, but with KeyScrambler your important personal information will be a whole lot safer.

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:51 PM

so yh pretty much either anti virus would or this program will like hint out

last 2 questions:

Have you got it? if yes does it mess up ur comp in any way/
does it mess up with other programs you have installed such as anti virus?

today
29-08-2008, 08:52 PM
No, it works perfectly fine :)

Kevin
29-08-2008, 08:55 PM
so yh pretty much either anti virus would or this program will like hint out

last 2 questions:

Have you got it? if yes does it mess up ur comp in any way/
does it mess up with other programs you have installed such as anti virus?

No, it does not conflict with any anti/virus program
Yes, it is safe, and has been recommended by thousands
Yes, i do and have used it for quite some time, with no problems

Just a point:
This does not remove keyloggers it only prevents them from reading your keystrokes do not get it confused with an anti/virus/spyware.

-Kevin

msb.
29-08-2008, 08:55 PM
No, it works perfectly fine :)
u have it :O?

today
29-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes i do, its a handly bit of software.

iUnknown
29-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Depending on the keylogger, even though it's called a "keylogger", it may do more than just keylogging. However, it's usually more detectable if it has anything more than keylogging.

Get an anti-virus like Trend-Micro PC Cillin which detects outgoing/ingoing messages, scans them etc. and immediately detects like every possible virus, even compressed.

Ad-Aware is also good for a scans.

And virus total and the virus total app is good (right click a .exe file and click Send To then Virus Total - if you have the app). Virus total scans the file with about 30 latest, up-to-date versions of different anti-virus programs and shows you the result.

msb.
29-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Depending on the keylogger, even though it's called a "keylogger", it may do more than just keylogging. However, it's usually more detectable if it has anything more than keylogging.

Get an anti-virus like Trend-Micro PC Cillin which detects outgoing/ingoing messages, scans them etc. and immediately detects like every possible virus, even compressed.

Ad-Aware is also good for a scans.

And virus total and the virus total app is good (right click a .exe file and click Send To then Virus Total - if you have the app). Virus total scans the file with about 30 latest, up-to-date versions of different anti-virus programs and shows you the result.

thanks but not being rude but I didn't need to know about anti virus lol :S

not being rude but ta

Kevin
29-08-2008, 10:16 PM
thanks but not being rude but I didn't need to know about anti virus lol :S

not being rude but ta

Well tbh i was predicting your next question ;]
-Kevin

msb.
29-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Well tbh i was predicting your next question ;]
-Kevin
lol so u did mate :D

erm so basically if sum1 is found keylogging me, would it mention it?

2. Can you use it for any programs to login such as habbo/msn???

3. Is it legal to use it for habbo/msn or all websites?

Kevin
29-08-2008, 11:39 PM
lol so u did mate :D

erm so basically if sum1 is found keylogging me, would it mention it?

2. Can you use it for any programs to login such as habbo/msn???

3. Is it legal to use it for habbo/msn or all websites?

1: i answered this before, and you told me you diddent need help with this, i also explained it before. it is NOT a detection tool, its used to stop them from tracking your keys, but this program can NOT be used to alert/remove keyloggers.

2: You can use it on all internet based applications eg paypal/habbo ect.
If you want extended protection, you will need to buy the full version

3: why wouldent it be legal, this is the second time ive sceen you ask this, the list time was when you wanted to know if you could put a password on your own router.
WHY would it be illegal to use protection software, its the otherway around matey, its the guys creating them who should be getting in trouble.

so download it allready, youve gone through a couple of pages of a thread here when your answer was quite clear near the start

-Kevin

msb.
29-08-2008, 11:49 PM
1: i answered this before, and you told me you diddent need help with this, i also explained it before. it is NOT a detection tool, its used to stop them from tracking your keys, but this program can NOT be used to alert/remove keyloggers.

2: You can use it on all internet based applications eg paypal/habbo ect.
If you want extended protection, you will need to buy the full version

3: why wouldent it be legal, this is the second time ive sceen you ask this, the list time was when you wanted to know if you could put a password on your own router.
WHY would it be illegal to use protection software, its the otherway around matey, its the guys creating them who should be getting in trouble.

so download it allready, youve gone through a couple of pages of a thread here when your answer was quite clear near the start

-Kevin

sorry but by far you sound clever, dunno if u remember me lol but hey

erm kevin lol @ bold bit, what u mean :S?

+

do you leave it on like 24/7 whilst your computer/laptop is on even when using habbo, whilst in rooms chatting/console etc... anything to do with habbo and msn?

LAST QUESTIONS ABOVE, tyvm

Hazza
29-08-2008, 11:52 PM
He's answered that with a "Yes"

msb.
29-08-2008, 11:57 PM
He's answered that with a "Yes"

I admit that was lame of me so I edited my post.

Leetzgirl
30-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Short answer to your question

yes, you can get keylogged if you used on screen keyboard, and yes, anti virues will detect most keyloggers.

end off.

today
30-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Honestly, just download it already millions of people have and its safe (:

msb.
30-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Honestly, just download it already millions of people have and its safe (:
do you have it?

do you keep it on 24/7

like playing habbo and then leaving it on even when chatting to others on habbo?

Kevin
30-08-2008, 01:07 PM
do you have it?

do you keep it on 24/7

like playing habbo and then leaving it on even when chatting to others on habbo?

Let this be the last post to this massive thread,

You leave it on while your using your PC. you can switch it off if you like, but you may aswell leave it on for full protection. we all use it and its safe

-Kevin

msb.
30-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Let this be the last post to this massive thread,

You leave it on while your using your PC. you can switch it off if you like, but you may aswell leave it on for full protection. we all use it and its safe

-Kevin
but wouldn't it be annoying when typing especially if you use habbo

?

Kevin
30-08-2008, 01:17 PM
but wouldn't it be annoying when typing especially if you use habbo

?

Listen;

You do not see any of the process, It is done behind the scenes,
Look, download it and after you use it for a day or two, post here again because most of the questions your asking are self explanatory, when i downloaded it i dident need a thread like this. Please just download it, and then if you have any problems post here.

-Kevin

msb.
30-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Listen;

You do not see any of the process, It is done behind the scenes,
Look, download it and after you use it for a day or two, post here again because most of the questions your asking are self explanatory, when i downloaded it i dident need a thread like this. Please just download it, and then if you have any problems post here.

-Kevin

its not like that because

whatever you type is being decrypted so like all the keys are being shown on screen

isn't it annoying

Kevin
30-08-2008, 01:28 PM
its not like that because

whatever you type is being decrypted so like all the keys are being shown on screen

isn't it annoying

if your talking about the toolbar, that comes on it. you can remove that and set it just as tray icon

have u downloaded it yet

-Kevin

msb.
30-08-2008, 01:36 PM
thanks kevin

for ur help

why do u keep asking me to download it

getting worried here.

today
30-08-2008, 02:21 PM
do you have it?

do you keep it on 24/7

thanks kevin

for ur help

why do u keep asking me to download it

getting worried here.

He wants to help protect you, do you really think millions of users would download it for no reason!? Its rated number #3 for a reason.. :rolleyes:

yes i use it all the time, i also keep the toolbar on display even when on msn ect. So i can see whats been encrypted too. Its interesting. :)

graffiti
30-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I was wondering if I ever got keylogged, does that mean the "hacker"

could view my screen or just whatever I type?

or both?
They can do both, they mainly keylogg you so they can detect your pw when you type it on on habbo,
If you do have a keylogger i suggest you download AVG Free bcause as soon as it detects a keylogger/virus/trojan horse etc it will remove it isntantly.

Why2u
30-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Keyloggers LOGS the keys you type and sends them to a remote server, which the keyloggers owner can view. Some Keyloggers can get screenshots, but most keyloggers are just KEY LOGGERS :)

skateforlife
30-08-2008, 09:04 PM
all it is is that it records what you type thats it

lets face it

if tehy wanted your pass it comes up in stars -__-

msb.
31-08-2008, 12:06 AM
He wants to help protect you, do you really think millions of users would download it for no reason!? Its rated number #3 for a reason.. :rolleyes:

yes i use it all the time, i also keep the toolbar on display even when on msn ect. So i can see whats been encrypted too. Its interesting. :)

k thanks :8

erm but when you login msn, does it still work then? actually type your password

so if keylogged, logging into msn basically your still unsecure?

would it be better if I kept my password to remembered or can keyloggers still find it out?

+

does it work with firefox?

Why2u
31-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Logging into ANYTHING with a password is unsafe. It will send the keys you typed to the server which the owner can see. Like if i was typing in:
Username: Keyloggerssuck
Password: Theyreallydo

they're see that typed in and they'ed know.
They don't see stars when you type in, they see the keys.

Some keyloggers send all temp files to their server too. They have your Rememberd passwords. That's even worse as in they tell which website it is and everything.

msb.
31-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Logging into ANYTHING with a password is unsafe. It will send the keys you typed to the server which the owner can see. Like if i was typing in:

they're see that typed in and they'ed know.

Some keyloggers send all temp files to their server too. They have your Rememberd passwords. That's even worse as in they tell which website it is and everything.

wot u talking about :S???

Why2u
31-08-2008, 12:27 AM
k thanks :8

erm but when you login msn, does it still work then? actually type your password

so if keylogged, logging into msn basically your still unsecure?

would it be better if I kept my password to remembered or can keyloggers still find it out?

+

does it work with firefox?

all it is is that it records what you type thats it

lets face it

if tehy wanted your pass it comes up in stars -__-
Answer to Bottom Quote: they're see that typed in and they'ed know.

Answer to:
so if keylogged, logging into msn basically your still unsecure?: Logging into ANYTHING with a password is unsafe. It will send the keys you typed to the server which the owner can see. Like if i was typing in:

Answer to: would it be better if I kept my password to remembered or can keyloggers still find it out?: Some keyloggers send all temp files to their server too. They have your Rememberd passwords. That's even worse as in they tell which website it is and everything.

msb.
31-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Answer to Bottom Quote: they're see that typed in and they'ed know.

Answer to:
so if keylogged, logging into msn basically your still unsecure?: Logging into ANYTHING with a password is unsafe. It will send the keys you typed to the server which the owner can see. Like if i was typing in:

Answer to: would it be better if I kept my password to remembered or can keyloggers still find it out?: Some keyloggers send all temp files to their server too. They have your Rememberd passwords. That's even worse as in they tell which website it is and everything.
1st paragraph:
I meant using the keyscrambler, would it work with msn or not?

2nd hows that worse, surely its better than risking typing and that way they got ur pass anyways?

Why2u
31-08-2008, 12:35 AM
scrambler would work with msn :)

and this is what this would be like:
TEMP FILE:
www.msn.com
msb.
lololatme

KEYLOGGER:
www.msn.commsb.lololatme
Get what I'm saying? Only 20% of all keyloggers are good enough to make it look like this: www.msn.com msb. lololatme

So it's harder to tell. But with a keyscrambler it'll be impossible to read. It'd look like this:
mww.sco.nw b.ms mlotaoll

get it now? :)

msb.
31-08-2008, 12:37 AM
scrambler would work with msn :)

and this is what this would be like:
TEMP FILE:
www.msn.com (http://www.msn.com)
msb.
lololatme

KEYLOGGER:
www.msn.commsb.lololatme (http://www.msn.commsb.lololatme)
Get what I'm saying? Only 20% of all keyloggers are good enough to make it look like this: www.msn.com (http://www.msn.com) msb. lololatme

So it's harder to tell. But with a keyscrambler it'll be impossible to read. It'd look like this:
mww.sco.nw b.ms mlotaoll

get it now? :)

i get ya

but wouldn't it not work with msn

sum1 back me up here that used it if possible?

I get what u mean

but yh

Why2u
31-08-2008, 12:43 AM
the keyscrambler would work with your keyboard, not your website.
Like this:
KeyBoard sends all your keystrokes to a .tmp file and also sends them to your screen. The keylogger is based between your keyboard and the .tmp file. So when you type anything like this:
www.msn.com
msb.
password

It sends that to the website but sends:
wmc.wsnom.w
b.sm
orssadpw

to the .tmp file. Now the keylogger takes everything that it records and puts it in another file. The .tmp file gets deleted everytime you turn off your computer. But the keylogger file doesn't. Then next time you log onto the internet, it sends the copied .tmp file to the server, and the owner looks at it. So a keyscrambler will work with anything.

msb.
31-08-2008, 12:46 AM
the keyscrambler would work with your keyboard, not your website.
Like this:
KeyBoard sends all your keystrokes to a .tmp file and also sends them to your screen. The keylogger is based between your keyboard and the .tmp file. So when you type anything like this:
www.msn.com (http://www.msn.com)
msb.
password

It sends that to the website but sends:
wmc.wsnom.w
b.sm
orssadpw

to the .tmp file. Now the keylogger takes everything that it records and puts it in another file. The .tmp file gets deleted everytime you turn off your computer. But the keylogger file doesn't. Then next time you log onto the internet, it sends the copied .tmp file to the server, and the owner looks at it. So a keyscrambler will work with anything.

yes but sum1 I know recently got it and when they type, they said it hides in msn :S if u get me, the actual messenger not the internet site 1

if u get me, so whats dat about

Why2u
31-08-2008, 12:49 AM
hmm idk, but i know the keyscrambler that he's talking about, i use it and have msn. I also know keyloggers, i used to attach them to downloads and see if i could get anyone :P But it should hide the text from the keylogger if you download that. If you have a keylogger, scan your computer and get it rid of :P

msb.
31-08-2008, 12:53 AM
hmm idk, but i know the keyscrambler that he's talking about, i use it and have msn. I also know keyloggers, i used to attach them to downloads and see if i could get anyone :P But it should hide the text from the keylogger if you download that. If you have a keylogger, scan your computer and get it rid of :P

its better scanning in safe mode networking or safe mode?

Why2u
31-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Scan in your normal mode. If you try to take it out and it shuts down your computer then scan in safe mode.

msb.
31-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Scan in your normal mode. If you try to take it out and it shuts down your computer then scan in safe mode.
i thought it was always best in both tbh??

Why2u
31-08-2008, 01:02 AM
the only thing safe mode would be better is if you had a virus that was SHUTTING DOWN YOUR COMPUTER. Safe mode only turns on certain stuff, and usually you can take the VIRUS out then. Do it in regular mode. Google a keylogger scanner. Maybe it'll even tell you on a website that you can get a keylogger scan from ;)

Wow, you have 4 people looking at this. Keylogger: Hot TOPIC :)

msb.
31-08-2008, 01:05 AM
the only thing safe mode would be better is if you had a virus that was SHUTTING DOWN YOUR COMPUTER. Safe mode only turns on certain stuff, and usually you can take the VIRUS out then. Do it in regular mode. Google a keylogger scanner. Maybe it'll even tell you on a website that you can get a keylogger scan from ;)

Wow, you have 4 people looking at this. Keylogger: Hot TOPIC :)

yeah isn't it like internet number 1 fastest growing virus?

Why2u
31-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Keylogger is not a virus.
Keylogger: Logs Key Strokes.
Virus: Messes with computer: Shuts it off, deletes files.
2 Different Things.

If when you find it it tries to shut your computer off when you delete it, reboot in safe mode and delete it then. If it still does get killbox. use that and you'll have no porblem deleting it. But i don't think it'll be that hard. Keyloggers are Really Hard to find though :P

Good luck, I have to go get a shower. You can msg me if you don't get it solved. I can check it out with teamviewer :)

msb.
31-08-2008, 03:51 AM
okay this is all sorted

just my other thread

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!