PDA

View Full Version : [THE BIG WEEKLY QUESTION] I <3 that game... making.. place

Fez
29-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello folks

We now see the end of the ''summer games drought'', starting next week with Mercenaries 2, we'll see a flood of new and exciting hyped up games. We've got stuff like Force Unleashed, LittlebigPlanet and a billion others. So in order to help you keep in track with dates and times, I'll be having a little section to see which big games are out the following week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

XBL Update - Wednesday 3rd September
PSN Store Update - Thursday 4th September
Facebreaker (PC, PS3, 360) - Friday 5th September
Infinite Undiscovery (360) - Friday 5th September
Mercenaries 2 World In Flames (PC, PS2, 360, PS3) - Friday 5th September
Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise (PC, 360) - Friday 5th September

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of this new release of games, I'd like to turn your attention to actual game developers. Which Game Developer is your favourite?

The obvious ones are Bungie, Rockstar and maybe Konami. But mine personally would be 2K Boston - the creators of Bioshock and breathers into new life of story fuelled games.

graffiti
29-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Activision/Epic games <3

Neil
29-08-2008, 04:09 PM
My favourite is Lionhead, all the games they make have unique qualities and they'll all fun to play

Edit - When is Littlebigplanet out?

Fez
29-08-2008, 04:22 PM
My favourite is Lionhead, all the games they make have unique qualities and they'll all fun to play

Edit - When is Littlebigplanet out?
October 17th is the last date I heard, but it was confirmed to be somewhere in October

Niall!
29-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Sonic Team

Stitch
29-08-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't really have a favourite developer. I do like Infinity Ward though. Call of Duty 1,2 & 4 has given me hours and hours of fun.

Axel
29-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Squeenix!

today
29-08-2008, 04:49 PM
EA / Lionhead :]

Technologic
29-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Valve Valve Valve

Zabuza
29-08-2008, 06:02 PM
OMG. The xbox update is 3rd of december
CANT WAIT LOL.

Judge Judy
29-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Perhaps EA, but definately Rockstar.

mangle
29-08-2008, 06:13 PM
EA Suck imo,2K perhaps.

Volition inc maybe

Cwmbran
29-08-2008, 06:28 PM

Go to agree with Neil, they seem to be the only developers that I really like as they seem to have a good sense of humor and it shows in the games they make.

Neil
29-08-2008, 06:39 PM
EA Suck imo,2K perhaps.

Volition inc maybe

EA aren't bad developers but the problem is they have WAY too many games that people expect every year, like Tiger woods, Fifa, NASCAR, NBA, NHL etc. and they release a new one every year because they're expected too for season changes and stuff, they do make some pretty good games the only problems really come from the ones they release every single year because it only gives them that one year to make it better

Fez
29-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I hate EA, they give no future support in their games because they release the next one the very next year. Maybe on or two patches, but your still forced to fork out £40 each year.

mangle
29-08-2008, 06:47 PM
They basically recycle sports games, AoT was alright and it was original. My problem does come int he sports games.

Neil
29-08-2008, 06:54 PM
They basically recycle sports games, AoT was alright and it was original. My problem does come int he sports games.

Like I said, they get one year to give it something new, it takes years to make a game better
And AoT was a really good game, it was just too easy xD

I hate EA, they give no future support in their games because they release the next one the very next year. Maybe on or two patches, but your still forced to fork out £40 each year.

They can't support a game no one plays anymore because it wouldn't make any sense, generally a fan will buy the next one on the market, so if you have Fifa 09 then Fifa '10 comes out you're going to buy '10 because it'll be up-to-date, most people would, why continue to support a game no one plays?
Also you are NEVER forced to buy a game, you don't have to buy it, people choose to buy them

Agent 47
29-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm not too keen on EA. I'm not saying the games they produce aren't good, all I'm saying is that they overwork their employees. For example there was a case several years ago against EA Tiburon (Madden, Tiger Woods etc.) by many wives of the game developers saying that they were overworked, underpaid and had no time for social activities outside of work.

Anyway, mines would have to be Bungie as they keep in touch with the community and give regular updates on happenings in the studio.

Technologic
29-08-2008, 07:08 PM
The only good game developed by EA was skate and that wasn't even EA EA it was EA canada/black box

Fez
29-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Like I said, they get one year to give it something new, it takes years to make a game better
And AoT was a really good game, it was just too easy xD

They can't support a game no one plays anymore because it wouldn't make any sense, generally a fan will buy the next one on the market, so if you have Fifa 09 then Fifa '10 comes out you're going to buy '10 because it'll be up-to-date, most people would, why continue to support a game no one plays?
Also you are NEVER forced to buy a game, you don't have to buy it, people choose to buy them
Well of course not, but usually an EA game has servers up for around a year before the next one, so they are somewhat ripping us off.

Lost_Addict
30-08-2008, 11:37 PM
lionhead studios pureley for fable and the fact i worked there for my work expirience :D

j4k3
31-08-2008, 12:52 AM
xbl update?

is taht the dashboard one

i thought that was november :S

mangle
31-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Epic make good games aswell, they push themselves which is a good trate

The Professor
01-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Ubisoft all the way. Rayman alone has to earn it that prize :P

Hiro
02-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Namco (Bandai), Ubisoft, Valve, Lionhead.

In no particular order.

mangle
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Ubisoft shoot for the stars which is fantastic, sometimes though they JUST fall short of the mark which is a wounder. They make fantasstic games, never really get the recognition either though.

The Professor
04-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Ubisoft shoot for the stars which is fantastic, sometimes though they JUST fall short of the mark which is a wounder. They make fantasstic games, never really get the recognition either though.

Without meaning to sound like a fanboy, to this date I have never played a Ubisoft game that wasn't worth the money I paid for it. They took the Heroes of Might and Magic series from HOMM4, which was imo terrible and produced by 3DO, and made HOMM5 the best game in the series. Same goes for Dark Messiah. I mentioned Rayman before, that'll always be a classic. I think they made XIII which I still claim is the second best FPS I've played (with Painkiller being first). Then there's prince of persia, Beyond Good & Evil, Assasin's Creed, Far Cry & Rainbow Six that I've played. </Fanboy Moment>

Maybe I've just bypassed all the bad ones but as a game developer they definately come to mind as the best imo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!