PDA

View Full Version : Just got WoW: Questions

DrLacero
30-08-2008, 04:46 AM
Hey I just got the trial and I'm really enjoying it, I have some questions though:

Are certain things like all leather and mail unavailable because I'm on the trial or because I need to be a different class or buy something?
If I lose a duel will I lose all the stuff in my backpack and my silver/bronze?
Can I buy another backpack or something else to store it?
The price to upgrade to a full account said $25 in the FAQ, is it the same price in the UK?

I'll stop there :P Thanks in advance guys

Danzilla
30-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Hey and welcome to WoW.
Erm, what class are you as some classes cant wear leather or mail, for example mages can only wear cloth and hunters can only wear upto leather (untill level 40) so make sure your class can wear it. Also are you sure your the right level for the item?
If you duel someone its compleatly friendly and you will not lose your stuff, you will not die either and if you do in the game you still keep everything. Its not like Runescape where when you die you only keep some items.
You can buy another back pack, you can buy and use upto 5 at one time, at your level i would suggest you get a 8slot or somthing which will cost around 25s and can be brought from a vendor. Also when you get further in the game you will discover banks which you can also store stuff in.
To buy the full game including expantion in the UK is £20 if you buy the boxset so $25 for just the first game isn't too bad, it think its around £10-15 to buy just the first game in the UK.
Hope it helped and if you have any other questions ill be happy to anser them.

DrLacero
30-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks a lot :D

I am a mage so that'll be why. 25 silver for an 8 slot bag :O

I don't think I've even had that much yet lol, only got about 10 before I upgraded some spells. I'll see what happens when I've done some more quests.

Nemo
30-08-2008, 10:08 AM
What realm are you on? Make sure you go on kilrogg, because i lurveeeeee to help mages + gnomes.

DrLacero
30-08-2008, 10:26 AM
As soon as I get my game working again I will :P

My character is now completely invisible, I only see the shadow under his feet, the map is gone and I can't attack anything. Oh yeah, and it crashes every 5 minutes. Time to reinstall lol.

I'm in Aman'Thul (on Normal) at the moment, how do I go to another realm?

Axel
30-08-2008, 10:34 AM

My character is now completely invisible, I only see the shadow under his feet, the map is gone and I can't attack anything. Oh yeah, and it crashes every 5 minutes. Time to reinstall lol.

Stuff like that can happen if you go off the Wow loading screen while it's loading.

Nemo
30-08-2008, 11:00 AM

I'm in Aman'Thul (on Normal) at the moment, how do I go to another realm?
On the character select screen, go the top and click change realm, then find kilrogg and bam! ^^

DrLacero
30-08-2008, 11:15 AM
The GMs have been unable to fix my problems so I'm going to have to wait until I can go buy the version on a disc before I keep going :(

Danzilla
30-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Niamh i think hes on US realms not EU, am i right?

Nemo
31-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Niamh i think hes on US realms not EU, am i right?
why would he ask for the amount that it costs in the UK then? :p

djsplintz
31-08-2008, 05:21 AM
eww you guys are alliance!!
but good choice in picking a mage :P but if ur gonna make an ally ur gonna regret it, many people switch back to horde once they realise they're the best and then u gotta start off from lvl 1 again

Danzilla
31-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Niamh he might just be seeing if its cheaper. ;)
And at above, i prefer alliance mainly because all my friends are alliance. It what you prefer really and Kilrogg horde is crap anyway as i had a 60 belf lock.

Nemo
31-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Niamh he might just be seeing if its cheaper. ;)
And at above, i prefer alliance mainly because all my friends are alliance. It what you prefer really and Kilrogg horde is crap anyway as i had a 60 belf lock.
but u cant use the EU code on a US acc. So ha!

Danzilla
31-08-2008, 05:34 PM
but u cant use the EU code on a US acc. So ha!

I know but if the EU game is cheaper he might buy it and play EU.

Wig44.
31-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I know but if the EU game is cheaper he might buy it and play EU.

Fat chance, UK is disgustingly overpriced. I know that alot of games like wow cost more £ than euros & more £ than $ even though the 1£ is worth more than one of either of the two other currency.

Danzilla
31-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I know, i saw somthing i wanted for £50 and then i saw it was $50 in US! I was like ***!? And postage is only like $14.

Wig44.
31-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I know, i saw somthing i wanted for £50 and then i saw it was $50 in US! I was like ***!? And postage is only like $14.

It gets worse, xbox 360 game for £39.99... same game, boxed up BRAND NEW from a similar us retailer $29.99 ***!

DrLacero
01-09-2008, 12:57 PM
eww you guys are alliance!!
but good choice in picking a mage :P but if ur gonna make an ally ur gonna regret it, many people switch back to horde once they realise they're the best and then u gotta start off from lvl 1 again

I didn't realise there was enough of a difference to make it worth deciding :P I like this witchcraftery (I think I just made a word, woo).

On an unrelated note, How do you get those animals that people ride around on? Walking to a place far away can get tedious lol.

Danzilla
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I didn't realise there was enough of a difference to make it worth deciding :P I like this witchcraftery (I think I just made a word, woo).

On an unrelated note, How do you get those animals that people ride around on? Walking to a place far away can get tedious lol.

They are called mounts and you can get them at level 30, it cost 10g and then another 10g to pay for the mount. :)

DrLacero
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
They are called mounts and you can get them at level 30, it cost 10g and then another 10g to pay for the mount. :)

Decapitated
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Remember with your mount, you can only buy the one assigned to your race unless you have exalted reputation with the other factions

So if you're a
Human : You get a horse
Night elf : You get a at
Dwarf : You get a ram
Gnome : You get a mechnostider (like a bird but made of metal)
Draenei : You get an elephant

Orc : You get a wolf
Troll : You get a raptor
Undead : You get a skeleton horse mount thing.
Tauren : You get a kodo
Blood elf : You get a Cockatrice (lol) it's a multicolored bird.

Casual
01-09-2008, 04:07 PM

You mean 35g for training :P its not that cheap lol!

Johno
01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Darn, I have been wanting a mount since I got it - Didn't know you had to wait till Lv. 30 :(

Ah well, I was in the same position as DrLacero when I first got my trial - Totally loved it so now I am a member, pity I am on a different realm from all you guys :(

Nemo
01-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Darn, I have been wanting a mount since I got it - Didn't know you had to wait till Lv. 30 :(

Ah well, I was in the same position as DrLacero when I first got my trial - Totally loved it so now I am a member, pity I am on a different realm from all you guys :(
Just make a new char on kilrogg, its not like you're 70 xD

Johno
01-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Meh true, its just I have a few friends on Lightbringer :( lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!