PDA

View Full Version : It's About Time They...

Mint
30-08-2008, 11:56 AM
It's about time they started to get rid of all the old accounts that arn't active and havn't been for years. No wonder people are starting to buy accounts because when you try to make a name basically everything is taken. Habbo have done this before but it needs doing now more than ever! Anyone agree?

no waiii
30-08-2008, 12:24 PM
It's about time they started to get rid of all the old accounts that arn't active and havn't been for years. No wonder people are starting to buy accounts because when you try to make a name basically everything is taken. Habbo have done this before but it needs doing now more than ever! Anyone agree?

The same way you bough your account? Alo they can because if they do this they will no longer have 100,000,000 Habbos regiesters because there have delted loads of accounts.

Mint
30-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I expected a negative response when I saw it was you that replied. I did not buy my account, I was fortunate enough to have some normal names rather than some of these stupid names that people have to use these days. I spoke to Habbo about it a few months ago and they said that they will be doing it but never told me when.

The same way you bough your account? Alo they can because if they do this they will no longer have 100,000,000 Habbos regiesters because there have delted loads of accounts.

vito201-:D
30-08-2008, 05:50 PM
It is illigal for Habbo to delete users (No matter how long account has been inactive, or how long it's banned for) if the account has furniture/credits on it.

Also Habbo don't want to delete accounts of people that haven't had time to login for a few years...

So the can only ban the "noob" accounts with no furniture
[Also, i'd think it risky to delete the accounts with friends or empty rooms... but they didn't seem to care last time]
and accounts that haven't been on since 2005 ish.

I have accounts i'd like not to be deleted that haven't been active since 2006, just because I don't log on the regulally doesn't mean it's totally inactive.. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Habbo will do another clean up of accounts but they'll only wipe say 5,000 to 10,000 maximum i'd say.

Ardemax
30-08-2008, 08:47 PM
i messaged habbo 2 years ago about ti, they say every 6 months.
lie?

30-08-2008, 10:39 PM
i messaged habbo 2 years ago about ti, they say every 6 months.
lie?
It may well not be, it's not like we'd acctually notice is it?
if a few thousand names like "@@.:.:.:0MGZ:.:.:.@@" who haven't logged in in 4years vanished.... i don't think many people would realise.

Invent
30-08-2008, 10:45 PM
It is illigal for Habbo to delete users (No matter how long account has been inactive, or how long it's banned for) if the account has furniture/credits on it.Actually, it's not. Everything you buy on Habbo becomes property of Sulake, so there would be no issue with them deleting accounts.

30-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Actually, it's not. Everything you buy on Habbo becomes property of Sulake, so there would be no issue with them deleting accounts.
You don't reckon they could be sued?

I think Sulake would have to tred VERY carefully as it could well be considered theft... and they know it.

If it was perfectly safe for them to do... they may aswell delete everyones furniture tomorrow and then say "We promise never to do it again, start buying back kiddies!" because people would start buying back...

They'd loose alot of "rich" players but then again, the rich players don't buy credits so Habbo would more-or-less not care if those people left, I mean, they create monopoly effects with rare furniture and also make Habbo a target for hackers.

Earthquake
30-08-2008, 11:37 PM
It is illigal for Habbo to delete users (No matter how long account has been inactive, or how long it's banned for) if the account has furniture/credits on it.

Also Habbo don't want to delete accounts of people that haven't had time to login for a few years...

So the can only ban the "noob" accounts with no furniture
[Also, i'd think it risky to delete the accounts with friends or empty rooms... but they didn't seem to care last time]
and accounts that haven't been on since 2005 ish.

I have accounts i'd like not to be deleted that haven't been active since 2006, just because I don't log on the regulally doesn't mean it's totally inactive.. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Habbo will do another clean up of accounts but they'll only wipe say 5,000 to 10,000 maximum i'd say.
It is not illegal for Habbo to delete Habbo accounts with furni and credits on because the furniture is not owned by us but by them, we are basically funding Habbo as a charity, not a catalogue site.

And Habbo will some day remove a few accounts but they've already done it 2 years ago so expect it to happen in around 4 years.

Ardemax
31-08-2008, 09:09 AM
They didnt remove any accounts 2 years ago lmao.
And Habbo aren't allowed to remove accounts with furni or credits on, its in their t+c's.
i've had my eyes on account which last logged in 4 years ago, no furni or what.

:Act
31-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Habbo have every right to delete your account, furni, and whatever else is associated with ur account.
When you accepted the Terms and Conditions, you agreed that all furni is property of Sulake, and they can do whatever they want to ur account without any problems.
It's just their back-up, so that they can't get sued etc.

Nothing u can do.
But when they did a list clearout last time, all they deleted was people's accounts who hadnt logged in for like 6 months, and who had no furni whatsoever.

Mint
31-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I remember someone telling me that they won't delete an account if the account owner has purchased credits on it.

04Jack04
01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
They removed accounts in July 2004 and again in December 05.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!