PDA

View Full Version : IP Banned.

Assassinator
30-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Ok, im IP Banned from a MMORPG, but i need to go back on the game, is there a way to change my IP, or be un ip banned.

Sorry if this is against the rules(also dont say use a proxy).

Jamieb
30-08-2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+change+my+ip&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3DVFA_enGB237GB244

Google (Y)

Thanks Jamieb

Decode
30-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Unplug your router and plug it back in again and your Ip will change. :)

Assassinator
30-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Unplug your router and plug it back in again and your Ip will change. :)

Sorry im not very smart lol, is that the box? unplug the leads then plug them back in?;)

Thanks.

N!ck
30-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Unplug the power caqble from it, wait a few seconds and plug it back in again.

Judge Judy
30-08-2008, 09:12 PM
But isn't that for a dynamic IP though :S

xToMx
30-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Unplug the power caqble from it, wait a few seconds and plug it back in again.
I always do that, sometimes like not thinking about changing my IP and it doesn't change.. :S

Recursion
30-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Sometimes you have a static IP, like me, which doesn't change.

Zaub
31-08-2008, 12:51 AM
But isn't that for a dynamic IP though :S

The majority of people have a dynamic IP anyway. I myself have a static IP, so that wouldn't work.

Assassinator
31-08-2008, 10:23 AM
So there's no way to change it?

brandon
31-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Start > Run > cmd > Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes) > Press enter
Does that work?

Assassinator
31-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Does that work?

Erm, can someone try it first for me? Im not the only person who uses my comp so i dont want to break it, if you understand lol.

Judge Judy
31-08-2008, 12:38 PM
It won't break it'll hopefully change your IP :P

Moh
31-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Erm, can someone try it first for me? Im not the only person who uses my comp so i dont want to break it, if you understand lol.
Whats the make of your router?

darkchicken101
31-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Does that work?

That won't work if you're using a router. It will just turn off your internet unless you type ipconfig /renew afterwards.

habtasia
01-09-2008, 02:57 AM
That won't work if you're using a router. It will just turn off your internet unless you type ipconfig /renew afterwards.
Yes, that will change your IP

Leetzgirl
01-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Does that work?

Dude, your meant to put renew after

otherwise your gonna screw his pc LOL

Jahova
01-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Ok, there is an way to do it, here you go;

IP banned? And have a static IP?
If you have a static IP (An IP that doesn't change), then it isn't as easy to change your IP as someone with a dynamic IP. An example of a company giving out Static IP's are Virgin Media. To change your IP address, simply change/spoof your MAC address. You can either;
- Change your MAC address via your rotuer (Probably the best option if you know what your doing)
- Use a program called Mac MakeUp, which can be found HERE. (http://www.gorlani.com/publicprj/macmakeup/macmakeup.asp)

After changing your MAC address, you'll need to reset your modem, so it can re-register with your ISP and grab a new IP. Or you could just run ipconfig /release within CMD, then ipconfig /renew. This *should* renew your static IP.

I've done it many times before and it works a treat.

darkchicken101
01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
All ipconfig /release does is stops your PC interacting with any networks you have connected to the PC.

Say I have one LAN connection to a router on my PC - typing ipconfig /release will turn it off. Typing ipconfig /renew will turn that connection, and all other networks, back on. Most of the time, whenever you type that, you are basically doing the equivalent of unplugging the cable from your router to your PC and then plugging it back in again. It may change your local IP address, but that would have not impact on your external IP address, which is what websites see and is the thing you need to change if you want to be unbanned.

The only time ipconfig would have any effect is if you connected to the internet directly via Modem or something like that. This is because when you use those commands using a modem, you are disconnecting from, and then connecting to, the Internet. This is the equivalent of unplugging and plugging in your router, which is your best bet anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!