msb.
31-08-2008, 03:58 AM
becasue they are dumb lol.
or cuz ie came out first?

when did ff come out?

Leetzgirl
31-08-2008, 04:02 AM
why the hell woild it matter which came out first

ff is whatever becasue it always being updated and so is ie so no idea.

msb.
31-08-2008, 04:04 AM
Firefox

it safer, quicker, and less problems

end off

why the hell woild it matter which came out first

ff is whatever becasue it always being updated and so is ie so no idea.

u don't make sense

Leetzgirl
31-08-2008, 04:05 AM
u don't make sense

why wouldnt i make sense..

i said ff is better and i said it dont matter which came out first...

msb.
31-08-2008, 04:10 AM
why wouldnt i make sense..

i said ff is better and i said it dont matter which came out first...
"ff is whatever"?

Leetzgirl
31-08-2008, 04:12 AM
whatever how old it is...

Earthquake
31-08-2008, 04:22 AM
it shocks me how many people say that :O

so like why do schools mainly have ie :O then
Its cause of RM (Microsoft only)

DucksGoWoof
31-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Theres Nothing Wrong with Internet Explorer
Theres like 1 problem
I cant upload YT vids.
I just use my mom's Broadband AOL for that tho =D

Decode
31-08-2008, 09:01 AM
it shocks me how many people say that :O

so like why do schools mainly have ie :O then
Because with firefox you could simply install addons to get arround the school filter and stuff like that. IE is a lot less custimisable.

Emzy
31-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Firefox is just better full stop

msb.
31-08-2008, 01:30 PM
any1 know exact date for when ie and ff came out :O?

+ thanks tom, i get ya

GommeInc
31-08-2008, 01:34 PM
FF is safer and the reason schools use IE is because it does the job and it saves alot of time not installing FF than installing it. Especially when FF needs updating more than IE, and you can get round blocked websites with FF and do alot more with less restrictions :P

any1 know exact date for when ie and ff came out :O?

+ thanks tom, i get ya
According to Wiki, IE was first released in 1995 and I think FF was first released in 2003 but I can't make sense of any of the Wiki pages. Doesn't matter either way, release dates mean absolutely nothing.

DeejayMachoo$
31-08-2008, 01:40 PM
firefox is better schools have ie.. because its default... there when they get the computers but my college have ff and opera ie disabled.

msb.
31-08-2008, 01:56 PM
ff did pretty good then tbh

2003 and like loads prefer it :S

so yh ff ftw? in other way?

Hazza
31-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Firefox = Takes up more mem. usage. Makes your whole computer run slower.

I use IE7 on most of my computers and IE8 on my laptop :)

msb.
31-08-2008, 02:23 PM
is ie 8 better than ff/

Aarcn
31-08-2008, 02:24 PM
msb. you seem to disagree everything that people say and didn't you leave?

Hazza
31-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I think it is. Check out ---MAD---'s thread for information and opinions on IE8 (Its only a beta remember) :)

msb.
31-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I think it is. Check out ---MAD---'s thread for information and opinions on IE8 (Its only a beta remember) :)
yh okay :)

iUnknown
31-08-2008, 02:42 PM
With firefox you can change the way it connects to the internet, therefore if teachers can go on any websites but students cannot, simply changing the ports it uses to connect can often get onto the teacher's type of connection.

However, firefox is safer, apparantly faster (it downloads the whole page before loading any of it so it is only useful if you're on a decent/good internet connection) whereas IE loads the page as it downloads.

With firefox, you can add plug-ins like KeyScrambler, although a release of this has recently come out for Internet Explorer as well.

Websites used to be "Best viewed in Internet Explorer" but nowadays they are starting to change to "Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox". Firefox is more up to date and so newish coding like CSS tends to work better with it, as it can update simultaneously to updates in codings to be more compatible.

Also, on many of the sites I have, if I look in the stats programs I now see that the majority of my visitors use Firefox, however, I can't mirror this to come to the conclusion that most of internet users use firefox as I have to consider the theme of my site etc..

Anyway, I would suggest firefox, it's just better.

msb.
31-08-2008, 03:04 PM
With firefox you can change the way it connects to the internet, therefore if teachers can go on any websites but students cannot, simply changing the ports it uses to connect can often get onto the teacher's type of connection.

However, firefox is safer, apparantly faster (it downloads the whole page before loading any of it so it is only useful if you're on a decent/good internet connection) whereas IE loads the page as it downloads.

With firefox, you can add plug-ins like KeyScrambler, although a release of this has recently come out for Internet Explorer as well.

Websites used to be "Best viewed in Internet Explorer" but nowadays they are starting to change to "Best Viewed in Mozilla Firefox". Firefox is more up to date and so newish coding like CSS tends to work better with it, as it can update simultaneously to updates in codings to be more compatible.

Also, on many of the sites I have, if I look in the stats programs I now see that the majority of my visitors use Firefox, however, I can't mirror this to come to the conclusion that most of internet users use firefox as I have to consider the theme of my site etc..

Anyway, I would suggest firefox, it's just better.

so like browsers, have nothing to do with your type of pc right

vista/xp - u can still have firefox init and all other browsers or are some only compatiable with certain types?

Shawnstra
01-09-2008, 08:26 AM
FF. The only reason IE has a higher market share is because it is the default browser shipped with windows and most computers use windows. Those who are not very good with computers choose to stick with IE and can't be bothered to install FF, and MS takes advantage of that fact and puts in IE. With Vista, you can't even uninstall it.

Firefox all the way!

Decode
01-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Firefox = Takes up more mem. usage. Makes your whole computer run slower.

LIES!

http://ejohn.org/files/browser-memory.sm.png

is ie 8 better than ff/
The simple answer is no

iJoe
01-09-2008, 09:22 AM
IE Crashes on my pc for some reason so I use FireFox.

IE is the default, so microsoft don't have to do anything for people to get it, so they don't.

FF isn't so mozzila have to convince people to download it so they do by constantly upgrading it and add ons created all the time.

I would say firefox is better, firefox can load most websites where as ie has problems with many now, firefox has add ons and new features added all the time.

Zak
03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I still use IE6 lol..

Nereo
03-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Seamonkey wooo :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!