PDA

View Full Version : School have a new system :(

Decode
31-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Its web based where teachers can login and add comments/emails about studants and parents have there own username and password to login and view the comments/emails and reply to them. Our school are using it to tell parents about every negative thing kids are doing and its starting from september. They are allso getting a sort of remote desktop thing where you can login from home to the school computers and edit powerpoints and stuff.

Does anyone know what system they are using to do this?

AndrewByrne
31-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Were doing somthing were we send homework over a forum ;P
lol

Jamieb
31-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Hello,

My old school let us remote desctop and acsess out docs and emaisl from home...
And that was RM, but duno what they must be using..

Thanks Jamieb

Decode
31-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Hello,

My old school let us remote desctop and acsess out docs and emaisl from home...
And that was RM, but duno what they must be using..

Thanks Jamieb
Its definatly not RM, our school allready uses classlink so they wouldn't be able to use RM aswell.

Judge Judy
31-08-2008, 08:13 PM
We have our own intranet one for students and one for teachers. For me we can use email and get our files.
Intranet coded by one of the techies.

J0SH
31-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure. My school suck almost every website is filtered.

Calon
31-08-2008, 08:18 PM
The only change with our school is a payment system for school dinners. Which uses a finger-print system :D

Javascrypt
31-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes, its called sims

mike475
31-08-2008, 08:20 PM
They are allso getting a sort of remote desktop thing where you can login from home to the school computers and edit powerpoints and stuff.

Does anyone know what system they are using to do this?
Windows Server 2008.
Used it whilst at a school for my work experience.

Jamieb
31-08-2008, 08:23 PM
We used finger print system for dinner and libary...

Thanks Jamieb

Decode
31-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes, its called sims
K, can parents login via the web? and if so is there an example of how it works anywhere?

Recursion
31-08-2008, 08:26 PM
SIMS is just a registration and student tracking system

xxMATTGxx
31-08-2008, 08:36 PM
SIMS is just a registration and student tracking system

Yeah, the kids go on it and search for students they know so we can all look at their picture.

Kevin
31-08-2008, 08:36 PM
That ******* sucks bum, if that was the case in my school, there couldn't be a limit on the list.

Our school is quite behind actually, we have to swipe in in the mornings,
We have to do tests on the internet for ICT, thats all

-Kevin

Flisker
31-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Our school uses, RM, SIMS and they were trying to get student access to files etc but never works they were scared of viruses lololol

habtasia
31-08-2008, 11:02 PM
They are using a system called "RM" whih stands for Research Machines

Our school has it and we can login using remote desktop from home as well :)

And we have our own Intranet which unbelivebly they asked me to code :S They cant do it themselves

xToMx
31-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Our school used something called Frogserver or VLE? Idk which one it was actually called.

We had our own login and could login from home and upload things to an eportfolio and access them from home, had e-mail inside it and timetable..student news and other stuff.

It sucked like, the design and stuff wasn't put together good but it was decent how we could access it from home.

Probably not that like but it was called VLE (Virtual learning enviroment).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_learning_environment

msb.
31-08-2008, 11:31 PM
remote desktop

our school has it

where the teacher, can move our mouses, send us messages so on our screen
such as "log off"

and also close down our computers, shut down programs, tell us of if in like paint drawing.
which i seen others do, sometimes even a teacher from another class, comes in and then tells them of lol.

edit: read below, erm sims then :S?

Moh
31-08-2008, 11:43 PM
keylog your parents.

[Chris]
31-08-2008, 11:45 PM
We have the Fingerprint system for our dinners ect ect

On the pcs - we have a system to log on at home, upload files ect ect, we use ranger for log-on servers and Websense for the internets..

The teachers can also control our Pcs ect Ect

and i think were getting the parents system thingy, im not sure.. but its going to be a "who honestly cares what teachers have said :/" i mean.. i got a bad record for walking across the road when school had ended.. like 30mins-1hr after school ended :/

habtasia
01-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Lol, just for that?

The weird thing about my school is i got Happy Slapped on the way home after school on a "public bus" and the school had sorted that out

But when i was abused by the same person on a "publc bus" they wouldnt sort it out as it wasnt on a school bus

How stupid

Judge Judy
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
for remote desktop where they control computers our school uses netop... which i used to use on my brothers laptop lolol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!