PDA

View Full Version : VIP+ needs more features.

Jxhn
01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Currently noone is buying it. Look at the VIP section out of two pages noone is buying it and one person is selling it. It's very pricey for what it is. It costs more than double the price than normal VIP with not many differences:

CSS on profile - good but it doesn't saty after vip runs out
1000 PM storage - useless for most people
Bigger profile picture - alright but not really that good
Change name colour - mehh

More features and/or a lower price are needed. Features that you could include are:

CSS to customize the part where your name is next to all your posts. - this might be impossible/hard to make.
Name colours not available to normal VIPs, maybe you could specify a hex value.
A special VIP+ section
More rep per month of VIP+ purchased seeing as you pay more.
A VIP and/or VIP+ only shoutbox

There are many more features that you could add. Those are just a few ideas.

Funya Chin
01-09-2008, 11:01 AM
We have an incorrectly named forum for ourselves that no-one uses.

GommeInc
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
The shoutbox idea is good, but whoever is in charge of that really needs to make it used a bit more. But that seems to of failed recently so might be worth getting rid of it completely, especially at the price they apparently paid for it :S

I think VIP+ members should have pastel colours like GommeInc OR GommeInc but that may be annoying on some skins. It is kinda bright. Although thinking of it, *orange* is a VIP colour and that does seem brighter. It's a shame you can't go into special effect names, like GommeInc with stars blinking around it.

Special skins might be an option, but all VIP+ members need to decide on what skin they all like and have it made especially. Something that does take too long on Habbox but then again no-one really does like making skins.

What about choosable group or even customisable name pips? They are paying alot so you should let them have what they want, even though it is a boring task involving making a new user group for the custom user pip.

Edit: It's *orange* not yellow :P

Funya Chin
01-09-2008, 11:13 AM
We should be able to choose what colour we want our name and determine moderators/staff/administrators etc etc should be determined by a symbol or user rank picture so that if we want red or green or whatever.

e5
01-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I think being able to change the colour of your name is good.

There is not enough features, no, I would have considered buying it if there was more features than just the one decent one - name colour to anything you want...

GommeInc
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
We should be able to choose what colour we want our name and determine moderators/staff/administrators etc etc should be determined by a symbol or user rank picture so that if we want red or green or whatever.
That'll confuse new members. They'll think anyone who is green or red is a member of staff with alot of power and may end up asking VIP+ members, regardless to a user title or symbol. Unless all agms had some something in their avatar or a title before their name, but that would be unfair to the staff.

Jxhn
01-09-2008, 11:25 AM
That'll confuse new members. They'll think anyone who is green or red is a member of staff with alot of power and may end up asking VIP+ members, regardless to a user title or symbol. Unless all agms had some something in their avatar or a title before their name, but that would be unfair to the staff.

Make staff names bold and give them a nice userbar (the current userbars are awful and not really noticeable imo)

The shoutbox idea is good, but whoever is in charge of that really needs to make it used a bit more. But that seems to of failed recently so might be worth getting rid of it completely, especially at the price they apparently paid for it
I wasn't talking about that chat thing - noone uses that because it takes ages to load and you have to chooses rooms etc. I was talking about a normal shoutbox. The reason we don't have one is because there are too many user so it would scroll too fast, but if we make it VIP/+ only then it would be alright.

luce
01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
yeah i agree if there were more "cooler" features on this i would probably get it but a colour change isnt that attractive becuase i probs wouldn't use it anywaY!

GommeInc
01-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Make staff names bold and give them a nice userbar (the current userbars are awful and not really noticeable imo)
Boldness isn't noticeable. You have to think about new members really. It'll be messy if anything having 2 user groups look the same but they act completely different. Colour is more noticeable than boldness. Not sure about userbars, depends if a graphics member mentions anything :P

I wasn't talking about that chat thing - noone uses that because it takes ages to load and you have to chooses rooms etc. I was talking about a normal shoutbox. The reason we don't have one is because there are too many user so it would scroll too fast, but if we make it VIP/+ only then it would be alright.
They did spend (I think) £100 on the chat thing so they wouldn't want to look for another one, unless they really do not mind the idea of making or installing another one. I suppose it's a good idea, but then again would it be used and worth it? There are many flaws to shoutboxes as it is :P

I like the idea of VIP+ coming into play after a year or 2 of normal VIP. At the moment, for the price you pay, you may aswell pay the usual price and just buy VIP for a few years till you get automatically upgraded to VIP+ when you buy VIP after a year.

Agnostic Bear
01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
What about a small 20 x 20 image either side of the name that blinks, you design the image n stuff, that would be pretty nifty I'd say.

today
01-09-2008, 02:08 PM
name changes for vipo plus only pls so i dont get confused on who is who lol.

You
01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
shutup matt, dat is a gay feature

Funya Chin
01-09-2008, 05:15 PM
shutup matt, dat is a gay feature
Think of a better one then because the ones atm are ****.

Slowpoke
01-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I like the idea of you being able to change the colour of your names but obviously Light Green, Red and Dark Red couldn't be an option for obvious reasons.

Jxhn
01-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I like the idea of you being able to change the colour of your names but obviously Light Green, Red and Dark Red couldn't be an option for obvious reasons.

If the hex idea was used it could be made so that certain ranges aren't acceptable.

Funya Chin
01-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Admins and the like aren't detirmend by colour, but by user bar or an image by the side of the name?

The thing needs new features because it's crap atm, I only buy this stuff because I support Habbox's community not for the features but for other's it makes it worth while.

Slowpoke
01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Admins and the like aren't detirmend by colour, but by user bar or an image by the side of the name?

The thing needs new features because it's crap atm, I only buy this stuff because I support Habbox's community not for the features but for other's it makes it worth while.

Yes they are, on more or less every forum an administrator has a red name.

GommeInc
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM

You have to think about new members. On a forum, you recognise people by colour, not by a tiny image under their name. The only visible way to tell if someone's an admin is by their username colour and second to that is the image which doesn't mean a whole lot to new people. Even if they do not by default know the colour of the normal admin colour (red), they still will assume anyone with a red name is an admin if an admin gets in touch or if they see an admin in a forum, which is likely.

Funya Chin
01-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes they are, on more or less every forum an administrator has a red name.
NO ****?!?!?!

I'm on about the new, hypothetical system.

nvrspk4
02-09-2008, 02:45 AM
CSS to customize the part where your name is next to all your posts. - this might be impossible/hard to make. - As you said, far too difficult with possible security flaws.
Name colours not available to normal VIPs, maybe you could specify a hex value. Is it possible to specify a hex value? If so I do like this idea.
A special VIP+ section Already is one, a VIP+ lounge
More rep per month of VIP+ purchased seeing as you pay more. Fair point, doable
A VIP and/or VIP+ only shoutbox Mm would it really be used that much? We could install one on the top of the forum I guess. I'm not sure I'd have to talk to our bunny tech.[/COLOR]

The shoutbox idea is good, but whoever is in charge of that really needs to make it used a bit more. But that seems to of failed recently so might be worth getting rid of it completely, especially at the price they apparently paid for it :S

I think VIP+ members should have pastel colours like GommeInc OR GommeInc but that may be annoying on some skins. It is kinda bright. Although thinking of it, *orange* is a VIP colour and that does seem brighter. It's a shame you can't go into special effect names, like GommeInc with stars blinking around it.

Special skins might be an option, but all VIP+ members need to decide on what skin they all like and have it made especially. Something that does take too long on Habbox but then again no-one really does like making skins.

What about choosable group or even customisable name pips? They are paying alot so you should let them have what they want, even though it is a boring task involving making a new user group for the custom user pip.

Edit: It's *orange* not yellow :P

If a hex range is a possibility, then we will offer a hex range with pastels included. A special non-habbo skin will probably be the most popular type of skin for VIP+s.

We can have special effects names with blinking stars just for VIP+, however I feel it would make things look a bit tacky...

We can't create a UG for each because after a certain number of UGs VB stops performing properly. We're already pretty over the suggested limit, and we've been trying to prune out groups. Plus, it'd be a NIGHTMARE for permissions.

Nah it'd be too confusing, red is the default administrator color, lime green isn't but it'd still be confusing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!