View Full Version : Call of Duty World At War Beta

Fez
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh joy

GUESS WHAT PLATFORMS

GO ON

GUESS!

SERIOUSLY, GUESS

http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_4571/Multiplayer_Beta_Coming_Soon_for_Call_of_Duty_Worl d_at_War

Boot camp will soon take on a new meaning, as Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and developer Treyarch, have confirmed plans for Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer betas in October for the Xbox (http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_4571/Multiplayer_Beta_Coming_Soon_for_Call_of_Duty_Worl d_at_War#) 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and separately for download on Windows PC. These betas will serve as an early chance for players to practice the tactics needed for survival in the intense chaos of Call of Duty: World at War’s Pacific and European theaters. Players will experience the game’s new squad system, as well as fan favorite perks and kill streaks. All preparation for the full battle will commence on November 11, 2008 when Call of Duty (http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_4571/Multiplayer_Beta_Coming_Soon_for_Call_of_Duty_Worl d_at_War#): World at War is released to retailers nationwide.
“We are excited to share a sneak peak of Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer with the community,” says Mark Lamia, Treyarch Studio Head. “The team has worked hard to build upon the great history and foundation of Call of Duty multiplayer and we can’t wait to go online (http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_4571/Multiplayer_Beta_Coming_Soon_for_Call_of_Duty_Worl d_at_War#) to ramp up for our November launch.”
For players who are looking to feel the all-out combat and get tokens for the Call of Duty: World at War Xbox 360 multiplayer beta, they can register at www.callofduty.com or pre-order the game at any GameStop retail location or online in North America at: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71812.
Call of Duty: World at War is in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo® Wii™ and Nintendo DS. The title has been rated M for Mature for blood and violence by the ESRB. The Nintendo DS version has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB.
For more information and exclusive updates about Call of Duty: World at War, visit www.callofduty.com.

Why can't we have betas on ALL 3 platforms? Unless microsoft paid for it, I don't see why not :S

I can understand exclusive games, DLCs and platform exclusive stuff, but betas are better when you get them out to ALL of the platforms. Gives you more feedback and you might get a wider view of feedback.

Pyroka
04-09-2008, 08:45 PM
It's the simple fact that COD4 was played by more 360 users than PS3 users, so they'll have a better insight into a new Call Of Duty. I see the move and it's respectable.

Fez
04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
So because it was played more by those guys, they get a beta and we wait till November 11th to get our first taste? I can understand that Xbox Live has a bigger community than PSN, but that shouldn't stop us from getting a beta.

Neil
04-09-2008, 08:49 PM
CoD4 beta was exclusive to the 360 aswell wasn't it? :S

Zabuza
04-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Explain in English
Is it a demo
Or the game
Or what? x

Pyroka
04-09-2008, 08:56 PM
People think it's a demo, but it really isnt. It's a technical release which isn't all there, so it can't be called a demo. It's a work in progress and they want advice from users. That's what a BETA is, a work in progress which gets better through bug finding done by us, the users.

Xbox 360 has a bigger community, thus the reason they have the BETA. It's a bigger feedback rate than you would for PSN.

Neil
04-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Exactly, it doesn't matter because it will be full of bugs and glitches and you're not meant to play a beta to be able to play it early you're there to report issues and bugs within the game, I would assume it's only the PC and 360 getting betas because the PS3 version is ported again

Fez
04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Hmmm, I can understand if they got more feedback from the CoD4 360 beta, but it is a bit unfair that we don't get a try. Would be nice to have a tiny little demo though. I guess I'll just wait another month than you guys, to actually play it.

Besides how do you know if it's a bigger feedback rate? Us PSNers didn't play it last year, and the only betas we've ever had is... the MGO Beta, Resistance 2 Beta and Home Closed Beta... no multiplatform betas as far as I'm aware

Pyroka
04-09-2008, 09:05 PM
There's more users on the 360, so they'll get more people giving feedback on the BETA. That's the reason they did it, and I see your point that it is unfair that you're missing out but I'm sure they've taken this into account. I'd say you'll get a little reward for being so patient.

mangle
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Larger community = bigger response = bigger and better feedback?

Armal
04-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Nothing to do with community/better response, either console you will still get the same feedback (If not better on the PS3 as its users are more mature/older) but it is to do with the PS3 version been ported.

PaulMacC
04-09-2008, 11:05 PM
How do you get the BETA.

mangle
05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Nothing to do with community/better response, either console you will still get the same feedback (If not better on the PS3 as its users are more mature/older) but it is to do with the PS3 version been ported.
What backing do you have that the users are older/more mature?

First off if this game is as gory as its meant to be only 18's will be in it, and thats not saying everyone on the 360 is a screaming 8 year old. I play with guys that are the same age/older than me and they're perfectly mature. Perfect competition.

kk.
05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
can u use any other colour than purple because u can't read it on the non habbo skin. And blue lol

Doesn't bother me really, we'll have better things to do with our time :)

Neil
05-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Funny, the 360 was actually the console noticed for having the more mature players, but to be honest none of that matters, the PS3 version is ported so they have no reason to release a beta for it, the 360 version will be like the original and the PS3 version will be a copy so anything working with the 360 version will work with the PS3 version (obviously it will encounter a few bugs and glitches from being a port)

Fez
05-09-2008, 03:32 PM
can u use any other colour than purple because u can't read it on the non habbo skin. And blue lol

Doesn't bother me really, we'll have better things to do with our time :)
NEVER!

Funny, the 360 was actually the console noticed for having the more mature players, but to be honest none of that matters, the PS3 version is ported so they have no reason to release a beta for it, the 360 version will be like the original and the PS3 version will be a copy so anything working with the 360 version will work with the PS3 version (obviously it will encounter a few bugs and glitches from being a port)

It really depends where you go and stuff, on the PS3 I get a LOT of mature older guys and when I'm playing on the 360 online at my mate's house... it's more fun! Seriously, there is a more diverse community on the 360, maybe due to it's price, but it's deffo a lot funner on there.

So is COD5 PS3 gonna be the last version to be made? I can guess that they are gonna directly port it from the 360 version or something.

Jam
05-09-2008, 06:58 PM
MS Probobly payed to go with the Dashboard update so everyone gets it D/L'd asap.

Codex
09-09-2008, 06:48 AM

I never knew there was one.

Misawa
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I believe the PS3 has an older demographic of players than the 360, and the 360 has a larger demographic of screaming Liverpudlian chavs. :)

Hiro
09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I believe the PS3 has an older demographic of players than the 360, and the 360 has a larger demographic of screaming Liverpudlian chavs. :)

Where did you find this out?

Misawa
09-09-2008, 03:21 PM
I can't remember, it was a long time ago.

Fehm
09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
To be honest, i think the 360 is the nerds console (Y) but i have a 360 so... I wont go any further ^^ tehe!
lol

I cnt wait fo the release tbh . shud be good =]

Soy
09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
How do you actually get the BETA test of call of duty 5

Jibbish
09-09-2008, 05:30 PM
you normally apply on a website or something don't you?

Jord
10-09-2008, 06:05 AM
Why would they pay for all 3 when when they hate sony.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!