PDA

View Full Version : Best way of duo djing?

Moh
04-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Title says it all really :P

Pyroka
04-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Inviting the person round to your house and doing it.

I'd be right in saying that.

Jamieb
05-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Hello Jack.

I found the best way for me is to get my pc and a laptop...
Then got phono (Red and white wire one side then 3.5mm jack) Then the jack into laptop and phono into mixer then do do thre same for the pc into mixer then master out of mixer into line in on pc....

This way i got faders so i can choose who is higher who talks etc...

Thanks Jamieb

Moh
05-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Hello Jack.

I found the best way for me is to get my pc and a laptop...
Then got phono (Red and white wire one side then 3.5mm jack) Then the jack into laptop and phono into mixer then do do thre same for the pc into mixer then master out of mixer into line in on pc....

This way i got faders so i can choose who is higher who talks etc...

Thanks Jamieb
That confused me :P

Fehm
05-09-2008, 03:49 PM
lol you only need that if your both in the same room i think :s lol

And you mean over the internet??
lOL

eerr

I dunno but skype comes with it :s

.:.:jjm261:.:.
05-09-2008, 10:37 PM
That confused me :P

I shall simplify because i also use this technique

You download skype on your laptop, get a lead (3.5 MM stereo lead) (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=11422)

You can then plug the lead into the headphone socket of your laptop, and into the microphone socket of the main PC,

Then you can DJ as normal using skype, this will also reduce echo

iUnknown
06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Alright, I thought of this idea and it worked pretty well when I got around 80 listeners all enjoying the show on a radio station (until we told them, they thought we were in the same room!).

The way I've done it is make two skype accounts, and have two computers. One is the DJing computer, one is the talking computer. The DJing computer is in the skype call but with it's microphone muted (in the skype call only) and has stereo mix as the microphone input on sam broadcaster. Then the computer is in the skype call also but has a microphone plugged in so that you can speak onto it, and the djing computer will pick up your voice and put it straight onto the stream because your in the skype call that's getting put straihgt onto the stream (because of stereo mix beign the microphone in sam broadcaster).

If you don't have stereo mix on one of your computers or can't enable it on one of your computers then you cant do this.

H0BJ0B
07-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Two computers is far too confusing and just a waste of time. You don't need any of this!

DJ Mikey of HabboxLive.Com has made a tutorial for it. It's short and has pictures. Enjoy:

http://h1.ripway.com/Knuckles/doubleDJ.swf

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!