PDA

View Full Version : Internet Help pls

EverSteve
05-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Heya,

Okay in the last like week, my internets been crashing like ****, im basically getting 25 minutes of it and then it d/cs and i can't get on for another half hour lmao.

the phone lines also mucking up like your calling someones fax machine, but thats to everyone even normal phones like a zzeadaf and then clear for 3 minutes then start again zzedaf etc.

any ideas whats ****ed up?

Phone BT
Internet Tiscali
Connection Netgear

iUnknown
05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Call BT when you have a few hours on your hands.

Recursion
05-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Call BT when you have a few hours on your hands.

What he said, this is EXTREMELY true.

Coldplay
05-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I can see the problem here...

You're with Tiscali.

Change provider, Problem solved.

Joe!
06-09-2008, 12:32 AM
I believe the problem to be BT, if the phone is making weird noises as well.. As iUnknown and Tawm said, do have a lot of time on your hands and prepare to get angry.

iUnknown
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
It will also extend your knowledge of how many departments it's possible to have. :P

Tomm
06-09-2008, 07:21 PM
You did install the DSL filters on ALL phone sockets in your house right?

Recursion
06-09-2008, 08:00 PM
You did install the DSL filters on ALL phone sockets in your house right?

We didn't do that and its been working fine lolol

N!ck
06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
We didn't do that and its been working fine lolol

They should be in every phone socket that has a phone or something plugged into it. Ones not in use are fine. Sometimes you can get away with only one in the one the internet is connected through though.

Recursion
06-09-2008, 10:01 PM
We only have one where the router is, we don't have one where we have our backup phone or cordless base station is.

Flisker
07-09-2008, 12:05 AM
We only have one where the router is, we don't have one where we have our backup phone or cordless base station is.
same, O2 support kept telling me if i had DSL filters in my phone sockets i just said no and lied by saying ill plug them in and never did

Zak
07-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Heya,

Okay in the last like week, my internets been crashing like ****, im basically getting 25 minutes of it and then it d/cs and i can't get on for another half hour lmao.

the phone lines also mucking up like your calling someones fax machine, but thats to everyone even normal phones like a zzeadaf and then clear for 3 minutes then start again zzedaf etc.

any ideas whats ****ed up?

Phone BT
Internet Tiscali
Connection Netgear

What's your connection speed?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!