PDA

View Full Version : [TUT] Double DJ [EASY!]

iUnknown
06-09-2008, 08:52 AM
For this you need the following:

Sam Broadcaster (any version! - even sam 2!)
2 Computers/Laptops

Stereo Mix enabled and running on atleast one of these computers.

Here are some tuts/videos that look like they'll tell you how, if you can:
Vista: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5qa-HODWbc
Vista 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfd_BNyX6Bg
XP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiW4lj5ZUNc
XP 2: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080702070019AAVf5fp

Ok, if you have the following, you're rolling:

Alright, I thought of this idea and it worked pretty well when I got around 80 listeners all enjoying the show on a radio station (until we told them, they thought we were in the same room!).

So first get skype on both computers, and make a skype account on both and sign in on both. Go into one call together and invite the person you want to do the double DJing with. Now, one is the DJing computer, one is the talking computer. The DJing computer is in the skype call but with it's microphone muted (muted in the skype call only) and has stereo mix as the microphone input on sam broadcaster (just go to voice FX config and make the sound input Stereo Mix rather than windows default device or your microphone or whatever it's set as). Then the talking computer is in the skype call also but has a microphone plugged in so that you can speak onto it and your voice will go onto the skype call, and the djing computer will pick up your voice and any voice in the skype call and put it straight onto the stream because your in the skype call that's getting put straight onto the stream (because of stereo mix being the microphone in sam broadcaster). So whenever you want to speak you simply press the lock microphone button or whatever you want and it'll put the skype call on air, and you just DJ with your normal sam broadcaster settings.

Have fun.

Kevin
06-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Good to see a guide on Double Djing, should help out alot of people ;]
+REP to you sir.

-Kevin

iUnknown
06-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks. Btw, +rep is when you actually give the person +rep... not just say it. ;)

Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not ask for rep.

Jamieb
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Lots easier with a mixer.

Kevin
06-09-2008, 12:23 PM
It's somones time of the month, God forgive me for forgetting to +REP. ive done it now, as promised but dont really like the attitude

madchild24
06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
this is off a video tutorial.. You missed the part about the connecting the 2 computers..

iUnknown
06-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks. Btw, +rep is when you actually give the person +rep... not just say it. ;)

Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not ask for rep.

Did I say "please could I have rep"... no? I was stating a fact that he said he'd given me rep but he hadn't. I don't think that's fair/useful moderating.

Lots easier with a mixer.

Yeah but a lot of standard habbo radio DJs don't want to go out and buy a mixer or a special chord that they can use to connect the computers.

It's somones time of the month, God forgive me for forgetting to +REP. ive done it now, as promised but dont really like the attitude

Sorry if you read it that way, I winked at the end as if to have a friendly tone.

this is off a video tutorial.. You missed the part about the connecting the 2 computers..

Read it again, I definitely made it up. There are tons of different ways but I certainly made this one up.

Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to forum staff.

Rixion
06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Good tut.

Drewar
06-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the wonderful tutorial.. that is so much easier than how DJ-Fox and I used to do it in the HabboxRadio days.. LOL!!

Anyways, don't be suprised if you see the DJ Drewar and Knowalot - Canada VS UK show coming soon to HabboxLive ;-)

Xtreamerthaneve
07-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Not to be rude or anything, but this way actually isn't the best. (At least not in my opinion)

Instead of using two computers (which isn't needed at all), you could just:

1. Call the other DJ through Skype
2. Set your recording device to "Stereo Mix" instead of "Microphone"
3. When you wish to talk in SAM, simply hit lock talk, and make sure you have F12 pressed (mute studio) so the bed playing in the background won't echo. Also make sure you have the mic config set to "Encoders" instead of "Mixer". This way, it skips the pipeline. (This part is a one time setting by the way...)

Once you release lock talk, you can unmute studio and listen to the song or whatever you want. Just realize that when you do this, the other DJ will hear themselves echo when they talk... but that's just the fact of doing it. Not really a big deal.

All I'm saying is, is that you really don't need two computers. I've done this various times. The most important steps are to just make sure stereo mix is set, and you have mute studio on, or prepare for a major echo.

:)

Kevin
12-09-2008, 06:47 PM
It would be cool if somone Created a TUT for vista, because ive seen none around, Anyone know of any or is making one?

habtasia
12-09-2008, 08:31 PM
You can also use TeamSpeak instead of Skype ;)

iUnknown
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but this way actually isn't the best. (At least not in my opinion)

Instead of using two computers (which isn't needed at all), you could just:

1. Call the other DJ through Skype
2. Set your recording device to "Stereo Mix" instead of "Microphone"
3. When you wish to talk in SAM, simply hit lock talk, and make sure you have F12 pressed (mute studio) so the bed playing in the background won't echo. Also make sure you have the mic config set to "Encoders" instead of "Mixer". This way, it skips the pipeline. (This part is a one time setting by the way...)

Once you release lock talk, you can unmute studio and listen to the song or whatever you want. Just realize that when you do this, the other DJ will hear themselves echo when they talk... but that's just the fact of doing it. Not really a big deal.

All I'm saying is, is that you really don't need two computers. I've done this various times. The most important steps are to just make sure stereo mix is set, and you have mute studio on, or prepare for a major echo.

:)

Stereo Mix doesn't include your microphone, so they can't hear you. That's why you need to be in the call on another computer.

It would be cool if somone Created a TUT for vista, because ive seen none around, Anyone know of any or is making one?

I use this on vista....

You can also use TeamSpeak instead of Skype ;)

Anything like that, yes.

Xtreamerthaneve
13-09-2008, 04:09 AM
Actually, Stereo Mix can pick up your microphone very easily. To do this, instead of going to recording control, simply go to volume control and instead of having your mic muted in volume control, have it unmuted. You will not hear an echo, you'll just hear yourself live.

Since you'll be able to hear yourself, Stereo Mix (often referred to as "What U Hear") will pick it up then.

So no, again, two computers are not needed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!