PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Dance Contest 2008!

PriceTags
06-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Tonight is the night of the second Eurovision Dance Contest, held in the SECC, in Glasgow.

Graham Norton and Claudia Winkleman will host, after going down brilliantly with the audience and viewing public in last year's contest, held in BBC Television Centre.

Tonight, 14 countries will perform a 2 minute routine each. Here is a list of the countries in their running order for tonight:

1. Sweden,
Dancers: Danny Saucedo & Jenny Carlsson
Dance: Cha-Cha
Music: Hung Up by Madonna

2. Austria
Dancers: Dorian Steidl & Nicole Kuntner
Dance: Slowfox & Jive
Music: The Pink Panther Theme, Harry Lime Theme, Der Kommissar, U Can't Touch This (performed by the Dance for Europe Orchestra)

3. Denmark
Dancers: Patrick Speilberg & Katja Svensson
Dance: Fusion of Samba, Tango, Paso Doble and contemporary Jazz Dance
Music: The Twin Peaks theme, Igen & Igen, (performed by the Daniel Caine Orchestra)

4. Azerbaijan
Dancers: Eldar Dzhafarov & Anna Sazhina
Dance: Fusion of Paso Doble, national Azeri Folk Dance, Rumba and Tango
Music: The Phantom of the Opera (mixed with national instrument - Tar)

5. Ireland
Dancers: Gavin O'Fearraigh & Dearbhla Lennon
Dance: Paso Doble and Rumba with a Hard Shoe Irish Danc
Music: The Mama Song by Kila

6. Finland
Dancers: Mikko Ahti & Maria Lund
Dance: Tango
Music: Satumaa by Tango for Four

7. Netherlands
Dancers: Thomas Berge & Roemjana de Haan
Dance: Rumba & Showdance
Music: Angels by Robbie Williams

8. Lithuania
Dancers: Saulius Skambinas & Karina Krysko
Dance: Freestyle of Rumba, Cha-Cha and acrobatic elements
Music: Modernized version of the traditional Lithuanian folk song Teka Teka Skaisti Saule

9. United Kingdom
Dancers: Vincent Simone & Louisa Lytton
Dance: Fusion of Paso Doble, Tango and Jive
Music: Paint it Black by Lee Mead

10. Russia
Dancers: Alexander Litvinenko & Tatiana Navka
Dance: Fusion of Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble and Russian National Dance
Music: Koni Priveredliviye by Garik Sukachev

11. Greece
Dancers: Jason Roditis & Tonia Kosovich
Dance: Fusion of Latin Dances
Music: Misirlou by Mario and Pump It by Black Eyed Peas

12. Portugal
Dancers: João Tiago & Raquel Tavares
Dance: Fusion of Rumba and Tango
Music: Tirei a Sorte by Fernando Martins & Alexandra Valentim

13. Poland
Dancers: Marcin Mroczek & Edyta Herbus
Dance: Fusion of Rumba and Cha-Cha with Modern Jazz Dance flavour
Music: Whatever Happens and Black or White by Michael Jackson

14. Ukraine
Dancers: Serhij Kostetskiy & Liliya Podkopaeva
Dance: Jive with elements of Rock'n'Roll and Ukrainian National Dance
Music: In The Mood

All 14 countries will vote in traditional Eurovision style, 1-8, 10 and 12 points. Also voting will be 4 professional dancers from the International DanceSport Foundation: Gladys Tay, from Singapore; Barbara Nagode Ambroz, from Slovenia; Michelle Ribas, from France; and Sven Traut, from Germany. These judges were selected because they are from non-participating countries, and will be impartial.

After each performance, the judges will each give 1-8, 10 or 12 points to the dances. After all the performances, the scores will be converted into 1-7, 8, 10 and 12 points, then multiplied by 4, means they get a 25% share of the vote, and before the televoting begins, 10 countries will already have 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 40 or 48 points, and these could be crucial.

For further information on the contest, check out http://www.eurovisiondance.tv.

Thanks,
PriceTags

Judge Judy
06-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Might watch it because last year graham was just taking the mick out of the people who say who gets the points across europe and it was funny

red.neon
06-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Never heard of it before, which channel/time?

And who is this... ABERJIZJINGY or w.e :S

That country has just crawled from under a rock or summit

Zehro
06-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Never heard of it before, which channel/time?

And who is this... ABERJIZJINGY or w.e :S

That country has just crawled from under a rock or summit

That's racist.
It hasn't just crawled from under a rock, it's because you don't have a clue where countries are apart from England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan

--ss--
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Yay for Louisa Lytton :)

JackBuddy
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
That's racist.
It hasn't just crawled from under a rock, it's because you don't have a clue where countries are apart from England.

please tell me you were joking...

PriceTags
06-09-2008, 02:44 PM
The main highlight from last year: "Lavia, we're not loving it!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJf-Ak86P8A).

We always put on a good Eurovision, and my god, do we get good presenters.

Also, it's on at 8pm on BBC 1 tonight.

red.neon
06-09-2008, 02:50 PM
That's racist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan)

Lol dont you dare call me racist!

I've only heard of that country for like a few months... I'd put my life on it that it hasnt always been there or 'Called' that :s

And i can tell you that i dont just know countries other than england *Removed*

Edited by Kaotix12 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members.

RyanDOT
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Gonna watch it....

red.neon
06-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Can someone tell me please why that Kaotix12 constantly gives me warnings... i've had like 10 of him :s

He warned me for calling someone a gimp... when they called me a racist :s

Talk about double standards!

PriceTags
06-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Lol dont you dare call me racist!

I've only heard of that country for like a few months... I'd put my life on it that it hasnt always been there or 'Called' that :s

And i can tell you that i dont just know countries other than england you gimp

Azerbaijan has a large Eurovision following, considering it only started participating this year. They've flung themselves into the Eurovision spirit by doing all three Eurovision contests. I THINK Azerbaijan came into being as it is right now after the break up of the Soviet Union, meaning it's been independent for the best part of 20 years.

Interesting facts for tonight:
There were originally going to be 16 countries, the same as last year, but Switzerland and Germany withdrew. They replaced them with Azerbaijan, but a couple of weeks ago, Spain withdrew too!

Azerbaijan and Greece have both broken the Eurovision Dance Contest rules, by sending all-professional couples, due to being unable to find a suitable amateur.

The biggest score the winner could possibly get tonight is 204.

The Azeri couple say they will get married if they win.

What ever happens, the UK will do better than their 15th place last year!

That's all I can think of right now.

Zehro
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Can someone tell me please why that Kaotix12 constantly gives me warnings... i've had like 10 of him :s

He warned me for calling someone a gimp... when they called me a racist :s

Talk about double standards!

He gave you warnings because you're being rude.

I never called you racist, I said that was a racist comment.
And thanks for the - Rep calling me a **REMOVED**.

And Azerbaijan had been independent since you've been here, so bye life?

And come on UK.

Edited by Bomb-Head (Assistant General Manager): Please don't avoid the filter.

Blue.Neon
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
He gave you warnings because you're being rude.

I never called you racist, I said that was a racist comment.
And thanks for the - Rep calling me a T***.

And Azerbaijan had been independent since you've been here, so bye life?

And come on UK.

Ha! Azerbaijan HASNT always been independant. It was part of russia before it was split up, much like Georgia etc. etc.

SO HA I PROVE YOU WRONG!

JackBuddy
06-09-2008, 04:40 PM
i think he likes you red.neon.

Zehro if you call that post racist you are pathetic. It's people like you that are turning this country so politically correct.

PriceTags
06-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Ha! Azerbaijan HASNT always been independant. It was part of russia before it was split up, much like Georgia etc. etc.

SO HA I PROVE YOU WRONG!

He said 'ever since you've been here,' implying the early 1990s. Please don't come in my thread and start with an 'I told you so' attitude. Thank you.

Zehro
06-09-2008, 05:35 PM

SO HA I PROVE YOU WRONG!

I said before you were born ;)

Please learn to read and write English before creating arguements.

On October 18, 1991, Supreme Council of Azerbaijan adopted a Declaration of Independence which was affirmed by a nationwide referendum in December 1991, when the Soviet Union was officially dissolved.

Technologic
06-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I do hope aberjizjingy win. I might watch it

Blue.Neon
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM

I was born before October 1991. I was born in January 1991! So you're still wrong :s

JackBuddy
06-09-2008, 07:22 PM

Please learn to grow up before making stupid comments.

PriceTags
06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Well as it stands, Denmark will be getting the 48 points, before voting begins.

Geraint
06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
C'mon Azerbaijan.

Judge Judy
06-09-2008, 08:31 PM
lol at graham going vote for the dance not the neighbours

PriceTags
06-09-2008, 09:23 PM
and a big big well done to Poland!

Coldplay
06-09-2008, 09:42 PM
It's all political, everything Eurovision.

PriceTags
07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
It's all political, everything Eurovision.

We got points From every country apart from Lithuania, Portugal and Finland, and we came ninth, so I don't see why you're complaining... Plus Poland had no neighbours in the contest. They got 8, 10 or 12 points from every single country, so they are VERY worthy winners.

Coldplay
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
It's still political, we never come first because nobody likes us.

PriceTags
07-09-2008, 01:47 PM

Neither do Poland, this is the same Poland that NEVER gets to the final, and the one time they did, they were propping up the scoreboard with us. We got points off 10 of the 13 possible countries, and we got in the top 10, so there is nothing to complain about! That contest was Eurovision as it's meant to be.

And I agree that we deserved better than 25th in the Song Contest, but our song really wasn't memorable, and we were in the death slot (number 2), but since 2003, we've done poorly because we've sent crap songs. In 2003, even Ireland ran from us, doesn't that tell you something?

Sammeth.
07-09-2008, 01:50 PM

The Eurovision Dance contest had the least political voting from a Eurovision event I've ever seen. Did you watch it? It wasn't political voting in the slightest, the best dance group won. Poland in the ESC this year were the worst, other than the United Kingdom.

PriceTags
07-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Sam's in on the act now, he's gonna get his mans (Danny Saucedo + the dutch woman who looked a bit like a man - the best he could do) on you now!!! Pow pow pow!!!

Sammeth.
07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Sam's in on the act now, he's gonna get his mans (Danny Saucedo + the dutch woman who looked a bit like a man - the best he could do) on you now!!! Pow pow pow!!!
Danny is yummy and you know it. All people from Sweden just have good genes! FACT. I thought it was a really good Eurovision and if they keep it small, it will continue to be nice and happy with all the performers supporting each other. Rather than the political platform that is the Eurovision Song Contest.

JackBuddy
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
The Eurovision Dance contest had the least political voting from a Eurovision event I've ever seen.
what!? Ok there were some exceptions, and apparently the worthy winner won.

It's just a huge coincidence that the baltic and ex-soviet states all gave eachother points is it...?

Sammeth.
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
what!? Ok there were some exceptions, and apparently the worthy winner won.

It's just a huge coincidence that the baltic and ex-soviet states all gave eachother points is it...?

Of course there were some countries who gave each other points, but it wasn't major major major. If it was political voting Russia or Ukraine would have won. Poland are about as liked as the UK, and they got a Big 3 from every single country. No Eurovision will be free from political voting which is why I said it had the LEAST political voting from any Eurovision event. Which is very true, I never said it was free from it - and it never will be. But compared to the Song Contest it was very relaxed. Also in the Green Room countries were exchanging flags, everyone was supporting each other. It was just a nicer feel to it all and a lot more fun.

PriceTags
08-09-2008, 12:19 AM
I would have loved to have been there. Everyone in the green room was like a big happy family.

Crimson
08-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Aww, I missed it! :(

Rixion
08-09-2008, 04:35 PM
were there only 14 countries participating or was there more parts of it..

PriceTags
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
were there only 14 countries participating or was there more parts of it..

Only 14, but that's how I like my Eurovision.

Judge Judy
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
which explains why uk got points because of the higher chance :P

all in all it was a pretty good show :D
but graham forgot to speak french with the pts

PriceTags
09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
which explains why uk got points because of the higher chance :P

all in all it was a pretty good show :D
but graham forgot to speak french with the pts

He only had to say the big ones - it's a watered down version of the system used in Eurovision Song Contest - the spokespersons don't even say them!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!