PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Post Reports.

Coldplay
06-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I think there should be some form of feedback, like Habbo's messages from moderators.

I understand that if you can't make it automated then this is a stupid idea, because I wouldn't dream of giving the extra work to the Smods, However if it can be automated, similar to an infraction message ect, with the mod saying it's been dealt with x wise..

But anyway, just an idea to throw out there.

Much love. x.

The Professor
06-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Can't be automated. Sorry!

Coldplay
06-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Why can't it be?

--ss--
06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
There's an addon which is like a post report management system which users can see all the posts they have reported, if they've been dealt with and if there's any comment left about them. But it's kinda pointless and I doubt it'll get installed :(

Coldplay
06-09-2008, 08:28 PM
That sounds good, Mods have to post in post reports anyway, well, they do on other forums.

The Professor
06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Why can't it be?

Well, considering the current way of checking post reports it can't be automated, we'd have to change things massively like ss spoke about which isn't worth it for something that isn't vital.

joshuar
06-09-2008, 08:42 PM
It used to be installed on the forum, but mods didn't bother with it and it got clogged up. My first day as a smod I spent 2 hours clearing up a good 100+ post reports, and they kept on coming.

I'd like to see this return to be honest.

--ss--
06-09-2008, 08:45 PM
It used to be installed on the forum, but mods didn't bother with it and it got clogged up. My first day as a smod I spent 2 hours clearing up a good 100+ post reports, and they kept on coming.

When Me , Jamie and Tom were Smods it used to be like a competition for them, they all were answered in a matter of minutes, most usually in seconds after appearing in newposts :o

Coldplay
06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
It should be the posts way, not the emails way =]

Hayd93
06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Donno if this would be good or bad.

Good side
can feedback to members saying waht we have done and what to do if they continue ect.

Bad
Would take more time meaning take longer to do post reports.

usually if a member is being targeted ect i will pm the member saying i have delt with ect and if they continue to pm me directly.

Recursion
06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
It would also teach the user who reported the post whether they were right to report it or not.

The Professor
06-09-2008, 10:24 PM
It would also teach the user who reported the post whether they were right to report it or not.

We're not all that bothered about post reports that don't really need dealing with tbh, as long as the person isn't clearly abusing it there's always a chance that it'll help :)

Favourtism
06-09-2008, 10:29 PM

If it was like the HabboxWorld one then deffo, bring that one over here!

When Me , Jamie and Tom were Smods it used to be like a competition for them, they all were answered in a matter of minutes, most usually in seconds after appearing in newposts :o
Haha yea, I remember that. We were all constantly pressing f5 on news posts :P

We're not all that bothered about post reports that don't really need dealing with tbh, as long as the person isn't clearly abusing it there's always a chance that it'll help :)
Personally, I feel it would help users reporting posts and make them do it more as they feel they are being listened to more etc

DrLacero
06-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Back in the day smods like Rosie and Garion would give rep to helpful reports, current mods could try that as a form of feedback.

GommeInc
06-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Personally, I feel it would help users reporting posts and make them do it more as they feel they are being listened to more etc
Good idea, plus it would mean members can help moderate and keep the forums clean, by direction mods / smods to the problems and the members will learn whether they were right to report it or not. It may even be a good idea for those thinking about becoming moderators... As long as they don't clog it up for that reason alone.

Besides, what this forum desperately needs is to make the members feel of more use. Currently they're just seen as disposable objects, but that view only appears when members are banned for petty reasons and then unbanned moments later.

nvrspk4
07-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Personally the allure of this idea is for a different reason to me, with a certain kind of system we used to use in mind - however without an automated system this would make post reports hell for the Super Moderators who would not touch it with a ten foot pole.

The only good system I could think of is now out-of-date.

--ss--
07-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Back in the day smods like Rosie and Garion would give rep to helpful reports, current mods could try that as a form of feedback.
You can only rep 5 people a day though ;).

Personally the allure of this idea is for a different reason to me, with a certain kind of system we used to use in mind - however without an automated system this would make post reports hell for the Super Moderators who would not touch it with a ten foot pole.

The only good system I could think of is now out-of-date.
I would have but then again you changed the system so we had send a pm for everything and decided to fire me so you're right :'(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!