PDA

View Full Version : Do you match your stereotype?

TooClose
06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
It's a simple question i spose.

If you're a gay forum member, off the computer are you a match with the gay stereotype?

I'm quite masculine, and when i tell people i'm gay theyre always like "I don't believe you" or "I never would have guessed" However i'm quite bad tempered and i lose my rag with people easily and nobody will win an argument with me. I'm also pretty promiscuous and i'll flirt or sleep with anybody i'm attracted to.. but that's pretty much basic guy instinct.. gay or straight right? haha

I'm very materialistic and i'm obsessed with hair, clothes, and my car.

You guys?
x

Closed by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Due to bump

spareparts
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't know really. I use to dress really boyish and have the tomboy style about me but back when I didn't know I was gay. Now I've started to try and be more girly with the whole tight tops and jeans/skirts thing so I don't know if I really match the stereotype now but back then if I did knew I'd probably match the butch stereotype for lesbians.

Mitch4?
10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
i kinda do i spose, depends on my mood though :]

Technologic
11-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I am rather camp and i do a lot of hand movments but no queeny crap

Moh
11-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm told I'm slightly camp, but I think thats because I have grown up with just women in my life, so I just take after my mum and sister.

Oh, and they say I sit camp on a bus... well sorry I like to be comfy :(

Technologic
11-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I cross my legs if that's anything to go by

Inseriousity.
11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
No I'm straight but not really the manly type...
I cry at sad movies and I cross my legs when sitting... I agree with someone who said the 'hang around with girls' thing because I do the same. 1. You can flirt and 2. They tend to ***** about you behind your back not to you and I prefer that tbh. :)

Soy
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Not at all online I think of myself as more sofisticated
In real life I would call my self a Jock as in I take my sports seriously (basketball, bodybuilding, rugby) but then again i usualy win over the ladies

Also iv'e just realised that there must be a high percentage of gay males on this forum, makes me feel insecure

Moh
11-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Not at all online I think of myself as more sofisticated
In real life I would call my self a Jock as in I take my sports seriously (basketball, bodybuilding, rugby) but then again i usualy win over the ladies

Also iv'e just realised that there must be a high percentage of gay males on this forum, makes me feel insecure
Don't flatter yourself :rolleyes:

benjamin
12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
no not at all
everyone at college thinks i'm straight ahahahahah

12-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Everyone irl thinks im straight, cos i don't act camp or anything, even though im obsessed with hair and clothes and stuff.
but they are so wrong ;)

gaga1
12-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Well I'm not very theatrical when it comes to my sexuality but I'm sure it's pretty noticeable. I'm always passing my opinion of peoples' appearances with my mates, mainly guys so I dunno, I do and I don't fit it.

HELPER-Ghost
13-09-2008, 02:20 PM
I dont think of myself as fitting the stereotype. People tend to think im messing around when i tell them.

Sammeth.
23-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Ive never really thought about it that much. I don't really live my lifestyle on the fact I'm gay, I've always been myself throughout all of my life - not saying anyone here does anything different of course. I'm just very normal, not like the epitome of manliness or very camp at all. Though I can be camp when I want to be :8.

Fehm
23-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Hmm... People say im Emo.. But im not ^^

I wear skinny jeans and i have long hair.. But i dont wear make up and i dont slit my wrists And tbh, i am who i am end of!
lol =]

tehe

Nice thread btw.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I dont think i have a stereotype? :o

TidgyPie
23-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Im "Emo/Scene" ;/

Skinny jeans + converse/nike dunks + long hair
but not makeup :P

lul

GoldenMerc
24-09-2008, 12:43 AM
im chav apparently lol.

Stepheen
24-09-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm told I'm slightly camp, but I think thats because I have grown up with just women in my life, so I just take after my mum and sister.

Oh, and they say I sit camp on a bus... well sorry I like to be comfy :(
You are. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_OwL0BPjI8

And i am, i suppose.

Kalec
29-09-2008, 05:58 PM
My friends often refer to me as a "butch gay" so I guess not. Although I do love my hair and pretty much refuse to leave the house if it's raining incase it wrecks my hair - my hair has got to be perfect.

uh huh her
29-09-2008, 08:44 PM
me and my friends came to the decision i'm a "butchstick" lesbian, cos i like to mix up the butch with the femme/lipstick style. i don't think i'm an obvious dyke in all honesty though.

:Liam
29-09-2008, 08:48 PM
lol im the only closeted gay that everyone knows is gay lol. I mean i start sentences with "oh hunny' "That outfit is..." "OMG I WANT IT" "OMG SHINEY" Im obssesed with my hair my possesions and clothes. Im ****** and I have a high voice. Oh and I love Kylie, Madonna, Cher and Debbie harry. Im a bit stereotypical aha. I dont like being like it but like its just how I am. Its like im not one of those people who puts it on im just like that :/

Samishlol
29-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Well i get told i have a gay voice so it kinda gives me away

Janet Snakehole
27-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Most people don't believe i'm gay either haha.

Moh
27-10-2008, 03:59 PM
You are. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_OwL0BPjI8

And i am, i suppose.
Thats not even me :S

coley
06-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Im pretty masculine and when telling people im gay there like, No your not Im like yes i am and then they just argue and say are you shore and im like ye i have know erm like nearly my whole like.

halfadollar
17-10-2009, 01:29 AM
In some ways, I love my hair, clothes, shopping, guys. haha. Thats pretty much it. When i talk about guys, apparently i stand gay. Which doesn't make sense, but whatever. lol.

Edited by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump threads.

Xoim
17-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I am awfully vain... Lol!
I would actually walk past cars to see my reflection too see if I look good :(
Lool.
But yeah Apprently I have a camp Aurora around me but Nothing that would givie it away.
Given half a chance I can be a big camp Queenie.
But meh s;all good xD
Never really though about it til now though...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!