PDA

View Full Version : [XHTML] 10 Errors Fix needed.

DaveTaylor
06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Hello,

I am currently working on my new gallery I am trying to get it xhtml strict however I have 10 errors, I am needing some quick help if you are willing post here and leave your msn or something as my PM's are disabled at the moment, thank you :)

redtom
06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
It tells you have to fix the errors at the validator, post what it says the errors are and I'll try and help.

Flisker
06-09-2008, 09:25 PM
You have my msn :D

DaveTaylor
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Validation Output: 10 Errors

Line 10, Column 40: there is no attribute "language".
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="lytebox.js"></script>

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

Line 23, Column 7: end tag for "ul" which is not finished.
</ul>

Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists (ul, ol, dl) require list items (li, or dt, dd), and so on.

Line 27, Column 7: end tag for "ul" which is not finished.
</ul>

Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists (ul, ol, dl) require list items (li, or dt, dd), and so on.

Line 34, Column 79: end tag for element "em" which is not open.
…ling: no;">PhotoGraphy Gallery</a></em></p>

The Validator found an end tag for the above element, but that element is not currently open. This is often caused by a leftover end tag from an element that was removed during editing, or by an implicitly closed element (if you have an error related to an element being used where it is not allowed, this is almost certainly the case). In the latter case this error will disappear as soon as you fix the original problem.

If this error occurred in a script section of your document, you should probably read this FAQ entry.

Line 34, Column 83: end tag for "strong" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
… no;">PhotoGraphy Gallery</a></em></p>

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

Line 33, Column 6: start tag was here.
<p><strong><a href="flashGallery.html" rel="lyteframe" title="Photography Gal
Line 41, Column 6: end tag for "div" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
</body>

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

Line 18, Column 0: start tag was here.
<div id="content">
Line 34, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: strong line 33 and em.
…ng: no;">PhotoGraphy Gallery</a></em></p>…

Line 41, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: div line 18 and body.
</body>

Line 42, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 13 and html.
</html>

Line 42, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Premature end of data in tag html line 3.
</html>

If you need the source I will post it. I am guessing you will need it actually :P

Flisker
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Fixed now :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!