PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

Turbocom
07-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Alright so basically I need ideas, I've seen on a lot of sites, and in a recently posted thread for tehupload. When you click on a link it just opens in a little window not even a new page. Anyone know any nice ones for download?

+ Rep

Meti
07-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Hmm.. I don't think I understood that alot. But I think you mean having a pop-up, with the size of the image?

I've forgotten the site, but you could try searching "Javascript". I think it's Javascript :)

Turbocom
07-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll get an image :P

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-7958470025269760.png

Excellent2
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Thats Ajax I think, try dynamic drive for dynamic content.

RyanDOT
07-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I'll get an image :P

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-7958470025269760.png

Thats called LightBox

Turbocom
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Thats called LightBox
ty very much :P

Calon
07-09-2008, 05:50 PM
ty very much :P
That is not a new window, it's a div.

Hypertext
07-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Thats Ajax I think, try dynamic drive for dynamic content.
LOL. You are hilarious. You don't even know what Ajax is, do you?

Meti
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
LOL. You are hilarious. You don't even know what Ajax is, do you?
*Removed*. He said that he thought it was AJAX.
He can say whatever he thinks.
He took a chance, and guessed that it was AJAX. This time it wasn't AJAX.
Instead of saying LOL to him, try telling him what it is then :S

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Calon
10-09-2008, 08:43 PM
It's something you don't know Meti, so why is it that you are commenting?

It was funny because he couldn't tell, it's blatently PHP!

Excellent2
10-09-2008, 09:04 PM
It's something you don't know Meti, so why is it that you are commenting?

It was funny because he couldn't tell, it's blatently PHP!First of all to charlie, ajax is xml and javascript which I assumed at first it was due to the popup box. Second of all Calon just shutup as you're no better.

Hypertext
11-09-2008, 12:25 AM
No sir. Once more you are wrong Excellent. A popup box is javascript alone. No AJAX involved, maybe in the framework he used, but none involved in a popup box.

AJAX is Asynchronous Javascript And XML.

Why would it give you the impression as it was "xml and javascript", going by your comments, you don't even know what xml is.

And Calon is better. Slightly.

Excellent2
11-09-2008, 01:20 AM
No sir. Once more you are wrong Excellent. A popup box is javascript alone. No AJAX involved, maybe in the framework he used, but none involved in a popup box.

AJAX is Asynchronous Javascript And XML.

Why would it give you the impression as it was "xml and javascript", going by your comments, you don't even know what xml is.

And Calon is better. Slightly.Thats my bad then, but if you exclude the xml it would then be javascript so I was 50% right. Good job at googleing "define: Ajax"

Meti
11-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Excuse me. I don't need to know AJAX, to talk about it?
Don't you think it's better to tell Excellent what it is, instead of Laughing at him?

Turbocom
11-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Close this thread pls

Excellent2
11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Don't you think it's better to tell Excellent what it is, instead of Laughing at him?No, I don't want him to recite something from Google that I already know.

Hypertext
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Don't you think it's better to tell Excellent what it is, instead of Laughing at him?
I know.

But to be honest, he constantly acts like he knows what hes talking about, gives out false advice, and then tells me I 'C+Pd from Google."

I don't think it's fair to be nice to him, therefore I don't.

Excellent2
11-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I know.

But to be honest, he constantly acts like he knows what hes talking about, gives out false advice, and then tells me I 'C+Pd from Google."

I don't think it's fair to be nice to him, therefore I don't.I don't act like I know what I am talking about, if I don't know something I'll simply guess it and won't google for the answer and claim I knew it like you Charles. I wouldn't want you to be nice to me, why do you think half of this section hates you? because you rip nearly everything.

Dentafrice
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
LightView ;) Sorta like LightBox.

You have to pay for a commercial license though.

Source
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Charlie in theory that screenshot he posted was indeed ajax, because once the user edits the information the lightview/lightbox sends the form data through an ajax request...

If you want the one that Caleb uses, get it here: http://www.nickstakenburg.com/projects/lightview/ its for the prototype framework if I remember correctly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!