PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreaking Ipod Touch Help

Alan_Carr
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Im going to jailbreak my ipod touch, but there are some queries i have...

I have the 2.0 software on it, do i restore the ipod bk to its original software?
I have songs on my ipod which i downloaded from iTunes ON the ipod, not on the iTunes on the computer, how can i get em saved so i can put em bk on after jailbreaking it?
Also, is it possible to un-jailbreak and restore bk to original state, so you don't void warranty?

Could someone give me a guide please, +rep and stuff thanks :D

Recursion
07-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Im going to jailbreak my ipod touch, but there are some queries i have...

I have the 2.0 software on it, do i restore the ipod bk to its original software?
I have songs on my ipod which i downloaded from iTunes ON the ipod, not on the iTunes on the computer, how can i get em saved so i can put em bk on after jailbreaking it?
Also, is it possible to un-jailbreak and restore bk to original state, so you don't void warranty?

Could someone give me a guide please, +rep and stuff thanks :D

You CAN jailbreak 2.0, 2.0.1 AND 2.0.2 as I have.

The songs should be on your iTunes account, just redownload on iTunes on your computer.

Yes, to unjailbreak just reinstall the software to 2.0.2 and it will be back to how it was originally.

Alan_Carr
07-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Should i just restore to 1.1.4 or w.e it is, and go on
jailbreakme.com on safari and do that way?

Recursion
07-09-2008, 05:17 PM
No, your missing out on the best bit of jailbreaking if you stay on 1.1.4 and dont use 2.0.2 :P

Alan_Carr
07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Then could you give me any details which i could use so i can jailbreak it?
I'm pretty new to this jailbreaking and don't wanna break my expensive bit of kit :D

Recursion
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
http://www.installerapps.com/2008/08/21/download-quickpwn-202/ :)

You can't really break it with jailbreaking, if it goes wrong you just restore! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!