PDA

View Full Version : serious problem!

Imp!
07-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Okay so I havent downloaded anything and I mean anything in a month. I have to use my dads laptop for this but anyways today I was on my computer and all of a sudden everything froze. No ctrl alt del was working everything just froze, the mouse could move but I couldnt click on anything and I left it like this for say 2 hours and then the mouse was completely frozen. I was able to keep restarting the computer but sometimes the login wouldnt even appear. I eventually got scanning and found some sort of thing called nlmlnon.exe or something and deleted it. It sort of worked normlly for awhile but now it has returned to its old routes. Plus when I try to go onto my hotmail as in check my email it links to it and then the link changes to something really long and says cannot connect to internet etc but it works fine on the laptop

There will be some serious + rep for anyone who is able to help me find what it is thats causing it and how to get it the frig off my machine!

Kevin
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
You should download anti-spyware/anti-virus programs onto the affected PC, and scan it with loads of tools. alot of free helpful software can be found at Download.com

-Kevin

Imp!
07-09-2008, 02:59 PM
You should download anti-spyware/anti-virus programs onto the affected PC, and scan it with loads of tools. alot of free helpful software can be found at Download.com

-Kevin

=/ Yes I have both of those I need to find out what the problem is and I need a better program

united-champ
07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
ouch. ok it is a serious problem, the best way is to ;
Get a mem stick, put in ur dads lappy, download,
Super Anti Spyware
AVG Free (Or Better Antivirus)
And maybe Zonealarm

once you have them on the mem stick. go onto ur pc keep hitting F8 on boot until you get into the safe mode options. Boot up into safe mode normally. no CMD Prompts or nowt.

now when its loaded which it should to without problems. stick in the memory stick and if that loads, Ignite all 3 downloads. in the order
Zonealarm
AVG / AV
S.A.S

Make sure they were latest version with latest Definitions.

Run a full scan using S.A.S and AVG / AV

After they are done, Download and install Spybot Search adn destroy. this tool pawns tbqh :P
Latest V should have latest Definitions

Immunize with it and runa full scan. you should find sum nasty applications using these.

Once it has all scanned and removed Disconnect ur Internet and log into normal boot. if it loads without any problems log onto ur pc and open up Zonealarm. plug in ur Internet and Make sure zonealarm is Logging All Entries inbound and outbound

This will narrow down to which site / source the applications / freezes are coming from.

Your PC should be now near enough fixed. it not. i recomend taking it to a shop or checking out.
www.bullguard.com and registering on forums
they will require a Upt odate HijackThis Log of your PC and sometimes a COMBO FIX log.
They will then analyze it, normally by 'Touch' And tell you what to do. explain ur situation aswell

hope i have helped
-Chris |

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!