PDA

View Full Version : Derby?

Cypher-
08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Anyone live there? If so what is it like, nightlife etc and if possible do you know what Lonsdale Buildings are like?

mangle
08-09-2008, 12:19 PM
I live near it, its really nice. The Westfield shopping centre is dead good.

Can't speak about the nightlife aha.

Cypher-
08-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Why not? Im starting an English degree at the uni there and was just wondering, the only time ive been there was for a RHCP gig in Pride Park and I didnt get a chance to check it out.

mangle
08-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Well I've never been at night so I can't comment aha :)

Cypher-
08-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Ah right, cool thanks anyway! I cant wait to get out of my boring village and boring Belfast :D Whats the train ticket prices like?

devilgirl
08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
it's a dump man!

devilgirl
08-09-2008, 05:34 PM
it's a dump, beware of the chavs.
they fight in small groups

alexxxxx
09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Why not? Im starting an English degree at the uni there and was just wondering, the only time ive been there was for a RHCP gig in Pride Park and I didnt get a chance to check it out.

I went to that gig aha.

Derby's alright cause it's not far from nottinhgam :P

You can get a bus or train to Nottingham (takes about 10-15 mins on bus I believe as it's direct), so not too pricey. Nottingham has more clubs, bars etc.

mangle
09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
;5083580']I went to that gig aha.

Derby's alright cause it's not far from nottinhgam :P

You can get a bus or train to Nottingham (takes about 10-15 mins on bus I believe as it's direct), so not too pricey. Nottingham has more clubs, bars etc.
More guns, knives, deaths...

Haha, I think Nottingham has a better nightlife and its not expensive to get here.

Cypher-
09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
More guns, knives, deaths...

Haha, I think Nottingham has a better nightlife and its not expensive to get here.

Im from near Belfast and spend my weekends there so Guns Knives etc are nothing to shock me lol, thanks for the info guys. Cant wait to get over, my new flat number is 007 :D

vicious
09-09-2008, 07:46 PM
i live in derby. i go to the westfield shopping centre every weekend. i pretty much live there.
uhhm, derbyshire has lovely country side places, but derby is the city and basically just has shops and only some parts of it are nice.

Cypher-
09-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Nightlife good? Whats the SUB bar like? If you know of course.

Wayne
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I went to see Jimmy Carr LIVE in Derby and me and my mates walked around after it had finished. The nightlife seems alright tbh. There were quite a few pubs which seemed very busy. The Westfield shopping centre is good too. There's also lots to do there.

Cypher-
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Cool cheers, Ill let you know how i get on when I move over on saturday, should be good craic :)

Wayne
09-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Hope you like it there. :P

GrebSkeb
14-09-2008, 12:32 AM
I live there but i hate it. too many chavs and fights. Too be honest id rather live in the nottts or america

Abbie.
14-09-2008, 06:09 PM
omg

i may be living there next year when i go to uni LOL

if i dont get into queens, or i decide not to go to liverpool

Jordy
14-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Derby is just like every other city in terms of crime, it has rough area's like everywhere. Nottingham is generally a nice city but it has rough areas, same for Derby, it just has less of them.

Providing your not in these areas there should be no problems but it's generally not bad anyway.

The university is in a really nice place, it's near Marqeaton Park which is a huge piece of park with a lake etc, and it's also quite in the open.

It's got a fantastic football club and the place is really getting better in recent years, the new shopping centre is pretty nice and the rest is alright. I can't comment on nightlife, it should be okay but I wouldn't expect too much, Nottingham has good nightlife though I'm sure of that as it has 2 University's and it's a bigger city.

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Cool cheers, I have been before just not for as long as I had wished to check it out, but Im over now :D and was out last night it is pretty alright. The SUB bars prices are incredible for students :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!