PDA

View Full Version : How was the universe created?

Decode
08-09-2008, 05:15 PM
How do you think the universe was created? Did a god make it? If so, who made god? Was it created by the big bang? But what caused the big bang and what was there before the big bang? Will the LHC prove that the big bang created the universe?

Andys
08-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Big bang.

Breakfloor
08-09-2008, 05:37 PM
have you done year 9, 10 and 11 physics?

two very large meteors crashed into eachother at VERY high speeds and made an eplosion (because of the gas in space) which expanded very rapidly outwards creating the universe, it was a very small (compared to the universe today) collision creating a very big explosion creating planets and suns.

buttons
08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
how did the meteors get there if there was nothingness before earth? was there just like .. a black space? + i think it was god YH

Breakfloor
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
because it wasnt nothingness there was things there like VERY VERY big meteors and comets but as it was pretty much empty space nothing really got close. then this happened.

god doesnt exist.

Virgin Mary
08-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah but where did they come from?

buttons
08-09-2008, 06:01 PM
because it wasnt nothingness there was things there like VERY VERY big meteors and comets but as it was pretty much empty space nothing really got close. then this happened.

god doesnt exist.
not gonna get into an argument but i think he does lol + how did the meteors get there :S

Breakfloor
08-09-2008, 06:04 PM
they were there, floating rocks.

and god doesnt exist. theres alot of proof jesus doesnt either.

im a satanist. god doesnt exist.

buttons
08-09-2008, 06:07 PM
yeh but how did they get there? were the just made. how + when LOL.
+ idc lol

Decode
08-09-2008, 06:09 PM
they were there, floating rocks.

and god doesnt exist. theres alot of proof jesus doesnt either.

Stuff can't just be "there" it must have come from somewhere.

Breakfloor
08-09-2008, 06:15 PM
well if you want the logical answer, it was dust, particles of crap, i dont know but it probably grew and grew and took millions of years to get that size and collided

buttons
08-09-2008, 06:16 PM
HOW CAN IT GROW IN SOMETHIN THAT WASN'T THERE?!?!
lol i give up. god made da earth soz

Breakfloor
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
no he didnt, and there was gas which came from the collection of stuff which gave off a load of different gasses cba to name them, but youll find out wednesday, religious idiots.

buttons
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
religious idiots? nice 1. you are not getting what i'm saying so i'm going to leave it at that. i believe god made the actual world & you can say what you want but it aint gonna change my mind lol

--ss--
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM

two very large meteors crashed into eachother at VERY high speeds and made an eplosion (because of the gas in space) which expanded very rapidly outwards creating the universe, it was a very small (compared to the universe today) collision creating a very big explosion creating planets and suns.
The Big Bang theory has nothing to do with meteors? The Big bang theory is based on the idea that there originally was an Hydrogen molecule which was compressed suddenly got excited for some weird reason and decided to expand in under a few millisecounds to let off more hydrogen atoms which using the force provided from the big bang scattered around the universe, with the help of gravity the atoms slowly started merging and merging until they were turned into small dense cores which had enough power to fuse atoms together to create more denser elements such as helium, and well I can't remember the rest of the chain off elements, but gravity and the momentum off the big bang caused the planets and stars to made.

You may want to research your theory a bit more in depth and making it full proof and correct before critizing other members on here about their opinions and beliefs.

I belive it was god who caused this 'Big Bang' to happen which caused the planets to made. Without god where else would have any atom have from in the first place?

Breakfloor
08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
thats what we were taught in year 10 physics mate so take it up with ms wright.

--ss--
08-09-2008, 06:28 PM
thats what we were taught in year 10 physics mate so take it up with ms wright.
Then your teacher needs to take a course in Astronomy before preaching ********.

Breakfloor
08-09-2008, 06:32 PM
she was actually fired lmao.

JackBuddy
08-09-2008, 06:52 PM
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

buttons
08-09-2008, 06:54 PM
the chicken because god put like 2 animals of each onto the earth didn't he so they then made some chicken eggs

Mario
08-09-2008, 06:58 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make inappropriate posts.

RyanDOT
08-09-2008, 07:35 PM
God.
God created the universe.

Misawa
08-09-2008, 08:02 PM
The "big bang". Science proves that "God" is a fragment of the imaginations of the gullible.

Malachy
08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
God farted.
Sorry.

Decode
08-09-2008, 08:13 PM
The "big bang". Science proves that "God" is a fragment of the imaginations of the gullible.
When I download DVDs from TPB god isn't mad at me.

Kardan
08-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Somebody obviously built the LHC in an alternate universe, launched it - destroyed tyheir universe and created ours :rolleyes:

I'm all for the Big Bang Theory.

Invent
08-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm all for the big bang theory, but what I don't get is how did the gas', meteors, etc form in the first place? They can't magically just exist...

Hiro
08-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Science, evolution of man, etc.
I believe in all that, The Big Bang.

I'm all for the big bang theory, but what I don't get is how did the gas', meteors, etc form in the first place? They can't magically just exist...

Isn't that something to do with antimatter and matter? LOL. I can't remember much physics. :(

NitronGalactus
08-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Well obviously god didn't do it lol.

It's really mind-boggling to think of how everything began. People accept that there was nothing (except two particles/meteors w.e for some reason), then they collided and there was something.

Well, okay, before the particles, before everything it makes sense that there was once nothing, as theoretically out of nothing everything comes. But why was there nothing? Whatever the reason though, and I'd love to know in my generation, god is obviously not the answer. Even if there was a god that created millions and billions of galaxies and and stars and planets; why would he care about us?

Loqo
08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
I just believe in The Big Bang Theory. Just a wonder what was their before it and how the meteors were just magical their when it was The Big Bang which created everything. It's not nice to say God doesn't exist because the world are brainwashed in thinking their is a God and if you dont believe him you go to hell. Their is plenty of evidence to prove he doesn't exist.

Misawa
08-09-2008, 08:50 PM
And not a single fragment of evidence to indicate that he does.

AndrewByrne
08-09-2008, 08:51 PM
God farted > Big bang > Polution

No. But really Habbo made the universe xoxoxo

NO REALLY.
Big bang. I don't think "GOD" made it :]

Malachy
08-09-2008, 08:51 PM
God went "ala-kazam"
Universe.

AndrewByrne
08-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I THINK:

Google created the universe.

Makes sense.

Virgin Mary
08-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Ironic, then, that the big bang theory was made to support God. Oh, the convience of taking things out of context! Except when you have to explain them.

graffiti
08-09-2008, 09:17 PM
The Big Bang theory has nothing to do with meteors? The Big bang theory is based on the idea that there originally was an Hydrogen molecule which was compressed suddenly got excited for some weird reason and decided to expand in under a few millisecounds to let off more hydrogen atoms which using the force provided from the big bang scattered around the universe, with the help of gravity the atoms slowly started merging and merging until they were turned into small dense cores which had enough power to fuse atoms together to create more denser elements such as helium, and well I can't remember the rest of the chain off elements, but gravity and the momentum off the big bang caused the planets and stars to made.

You may want to research your theory a bit more in depth and making it full proof and correct before critizing other members on here about their opinions and beliefs.

I belive it was god who caused this 'Big Bang' to happen which caused the planets to made. Without god where else would have any atom have from in the first place?

I get ya, cos god made everything and atoms are amde out of something so it must have been god

i believe it was god

i rest my case.

Misawa
09-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes, like he created Adam and Eve. Oh wait, science rubbishes that too because we evolved from apes.

FlyingJesus
09-09-2008, 01:37 AM

Have YOU done physics? It was extremely tiny (as in, sub-atomic) particles colliding, not massive meteors, that the Big Bang theory states

That's just a statement of belief, not fact, same as anyone else saying God DOES exist

That's actually a very common theory, and as rightly VirginMary said the Big Bang theory was originally a Christian study

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

The egg because other creatures had eggs before chickens existed lol

Somebody obviously built the LHC in an alternate universe, launched it - destroyed tyheir universe and created ours :rolleyes:

That's sort of what I believe actually lol. The Big Bang theory only states how the universe was created, not how all of creation started. The question "well what made the molecules" is a perfectly valid one and no scientist even attempts to answer it as far as I know - hence why the theory is still open to Christian interpretation or any other creation theory

GhostFace-
09-09-2008, 02:52 AM
god made it.

Decode
09-09-2008, 03:19 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make inappropriate posts.

LOL

If you open the spoiler or attempt to read what's inside the spoiler in any way you agree that you are not a mod or an admin.

god ejaculating

luke-p
09-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I belive that it was a mix of god and science, they don't really mix that well...

But yeah, the fact that there has to be some point of creation, and that everything in the universe couldn't have just came from nothing.

Same thing as some people have been saying so far really...

It's the only reason I belive in god tbh

N!ck
09-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I believe it did come from nothingness. Fluctuations in the "nothingness" created matter and anti-matter. The anti-matter is somehow either destroyed, inactive or well away from the matter world that we know of. This caused an explosion know as "The Big Bang". It has been proven in vacuums that fluctuations have caused matter to be created and annihilated almost instantaneously.

My two cents.

kuzkasate
09-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Big Bang... I think they were like 2 chemicals that caused it or something that caused a big explosion and from then on planets and the sun were created.

Moh
09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Big Bang is the most realistic :P

But for creation.. was it ever created? It just exists.. somehow.

Hushie
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I believe in the big bang theory, because God blatantly isn't real :P

And to all the people who are basicly saying that god must have been there because nothing can just magically exist. Where did god come from?

Neversoft
09-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I created the universe.

Pyroka
09-09-2008, 04:44 PM
The universe was created by a Big Bang, which reverted the worlds timeline back to 'day zero'. The Big bang was operated by a machine called a "Large Hadron Collider", built by CERN.

Oh to be a scientist haha.

HabsAZillion
09-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Well, I am a Christian, and I believe that perhaps God created the Big Bang, the Big Bang kinda blew up the universe, the universe created what is us, and we create people who aren't born yet, etc. etc.

luke-p
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I believe in the big bang theory, because God blatantly isn't real :P

And to all the people who are basicly saying that god must have been there because nothing can just magically exist. Where did god come from?

God came from his dad obv

Rixion
09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm for The Big bang theory.

Misawa
09-09-2008, 06:13 PM
So this God fellow created a male and female human being, and somehow they disappeared, then apes evolved into something that was created before? :rolleyes: Religion is a farce.

09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
big bang theory

LoveToStack
10-09-2008, 06:59 PM
All things in the Universe consist of matter, that is with the exception of anti-matter obvs but not much is known about that.
To say that 'god' created the Universe, is to say that 'God' (for speed purposes ill refer to God as a man) created EVERYTHING in existence (universe) whilst staying outside existance (even anti matter actually EXISTS) and whilst being 'outside' the universe, there would be NO space or time because they also EXIST.
Even string theory proposes that there are many interconected universes but that does not mean that someone could operate from outside one universe and affect another, nor does it mean that one could opperate from outside existence and create said existance from nothing.
There is NO way at all, none, that a 'Divine power' could have created the universe. At all. It's just not possible by the laws of space and time, and the existance of all things.
We can presume that certain things exist, particles or w/e and admit that we can't see them as of yet, but it is just naïve to think that something which, and I use this in the literal sense, does not exist...has the ability to create things which do.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Accidental double posts merged.

banned
10-09-2008, 07:21 PM
big bang, god and religion is bull

Virgin Mary
10-09-2008, 07:56 PM
All things in the Universe consist of matter, that is with the exception of anti-matter obvs but not much is known about that.
To say that 'god' created the Universe, is to say that 'God' (for speed purposes ill refer to God as a man) created EVERYTHING in existence (universe) whilst staying outside existance (even anti matter actually EXISTS) and whilst being 'outside' the universe, there would be NO space or time because they also EXIST.
Even string theory proposes that there are many interconected universes but that does not mean that someone could operate from outside one universe and affect another, nor does it mean that one could opperate from outside existence and create said existance from nothing.
There is NO way at all, none, that a 'Divine power' could have created the universe. At all. It's just not possible by the laws of space and time, and the existance of all things.
We can presume that certain things exist, particles or w/e and admit that we can't see them as of yet, but it is just naïve to think that something which, and I use this in the literal sense, does not exist...has the ability to create things which do.
That doesn't answer the question though, in fact it complicates it. However the universe came into existence is possibly beyond human comprehension because for it to have been created means it would've been done outside of what we know as existence. Therefore trying to apply our knowledge of science to it may be useless as science is the knowledge of the reality of our universe. If we accept our scientific laws then it is likely that everything has always existed due to the conservation of energy and matter.

dirrty
10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
by god.

Duck Hunt
10-09-2008, 08:21 PM
The Big bang theory is based on the idea that there originally was an Hydrogen molecule which was compressed suddenly got excited for some weird reason and decided to expand in under a few milliseconds to let off more hydrogen atoms which using the force provided from the big bang scattered around the universe, with the help of gravity the atoms slowly started merging and merging until they were turned into small dense cores which had enough power to fuse atoms together to create more denser elements such as helium, and well I can't remember the rest of the chain off elements, but gravity and the momentum off the big bang caused the planets and stars to made
I believe this. How the atoms & stuff got there? I think that natural gases were mixed up after hundreds, thousands, Millions? of years, objects slowly came to be. And after cells were there, they slowly evolved and kept evolving into rocks dust, etc and thats how we got animals & life. New species could just be evolved-versions of old species.

Misawa
10-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Species have evolved from other species. Many animals we know today used to be fish, for instance.

Jesus-Egg
11-09-2008, 12:05 AM
The current theory is that the bang bang was caused by two 'branes' colliding in the 5th dimension, creating huge amounts of energy. Quarks and leptons and other subatomic particles 'condensed' out of this energy, and as the universe expanded and cooled, protons and neutrons were formed out of the up and down quarks, and eventually atoms of mostly hydrogen, with some helium and lithium were formed. Slightly denser parts of the universe attracted more matter, and grew denser, eventually forming stars and galaxies.

Neversoft
11-09-2008, 12:20 AM
So this God fellow created a male and female human being, and somehow they disappeared, then apes evolved into something that was created before? :rolleyes: Religion is a farce.

The bible is figurative, it shouldn't be taken literally. It's their to teach us lesson's, such as not to lead into temptation, or betray others. Adam and Eve were/are obviously not real.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 08:39 PM
These are questions that need to be left alone. We will never know and we can never prove anything no matter what machine we build. Evryone has thier own theory. I personally belive that God created the universe. And how do we even know that the universe is real? It can all be an illusion. We will never know and instead of trying to figure this out and spending billions on machines, trips to the moon etc we should be focusing on helping people who need the money. Who have nothing to eat or drink. The goverment would rather spend billions on pointless things then help them.

Skuxx
21-09-2008, 10:38 PM
It's something I take time to think about on a reasonably frequent basis -- and I always end up thinking in circles, as such. I most certainly don't believe in creationism. I have managed to get my halfway head around the Big Bang, and am now trying to do the same with the theory of evolution and the like. The LHC can prove the authenticity of the Big Bang theory, but it can't prove that the Big Bang is responsible for the creation of the universe. However, a lot of presumptions are bound to be made on the subject, which is both acceptable and understandable.

HELPER-Ghost
21-09-2008, 11:52 PM
;5119016']These are questions that need to be left alone. We will never know and we can never prove anything no matter what machine we build. Evryone has thier own theory. I personally belive that God created the universe. And how do we even know that the universe is real? It can all be an illusion. We will never know and instead of trying to figure this out and spending billions on machines, trips to the moon etc we should be focusing on helping people who need the money. Who have nothing to eat or drink. The goverment would rather spend billions on pointless things then help them.

What happens if we build da
TIME MACHINEEE111!11
then we will know

Javascrypt
21-09-2008, 11:58 PM
How do you think the universe was created? Did a god make it? If so, who made god? Was it created by the big bang? But what caused the big bang and what was there before the big bang? Will the LHC prove that the big bang created the universe?

Me - Errr ur mamma - errr "Bang/Bang/Bang" = You and the rest of the world :P

Misawa
22-09-2008, 01:52 AM
What happens if we build da
TIME MACHINEEE111!11
then we will know

Science can and will be able to do a great deal of "magical" things, but one that I firmly believe is 100% impossible is time travel.

Naythi.
22-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I personally don't believe in god but im not going to argue against people who believe he did make the universe. The thing is, if there was a god, where did he come from? It's so confusing.
Also like somebody else said, how do we know the universe even exists? Take an ant coloney for instance, a whole garden must be like the Earth, then a nieghbourhood must seem like a Galaxy and then a town must be like a universe. How do we know we're not somebody's pets etc? It's so mind boggling and confusing, these answers will never be known.

N!ck
22-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Science can and will be able to do a great deal of "magical" things, but one that I firmly believe is 100% impossible is time travel.

Forwards in time, yes. Backwards in time, no.

Decode
22-09-2008, 03:38 PM

Its already proven that you can travel forward in time?

FlyingJesus
22-09-2008, 03:41 PM
We're always travelling forward in time

Abbie.
22-09-2008, 04:02 PM
God

kkkkkkkk
i think its so funny that because scientists cant find out properly, they just say 'BIG BANG!'

Decode
22-09-2008, 04:02 PM
We're always travelling forward in time
Yeah but you can speed up how fast you travel forward in time.

If two people have a watch and they both set it to exactly the same time, then one goes into space and comes back there watch will be a few seconds faster than the persons who stayed on earth.

N!ck
22-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah but you can speed up how fast you travel forward in time.

If two people have a watch and they both set it to exactly the same time, then one goes into space and comes back there watch will be a few seconds faster than the persons who stayed on earth.

Also, if you move away from a massive body ie. a planet, time will run slightly faster, but it would feel normal to you and time closer the the massive body runs slower. Go to Jupiter and time runs slower, go to Pluto and time runs faster.

Nereo
22-09-2008, 04:17 PM
OKAY IF YOU WANNA KNOW I WILL TELL YOU COS I SPENT AGES WORKIN' IT OUT.

Basically time is circular, the big bang wasnt the beginning of the universe it was just the beginning of our universe. The big bang was the end of the last universe and the creating of a new one.

Basically when this universe comes to an end (2012 if you belive the Mayans) there willl be another "big bang" and a new universe will be born.

It was never "created" as such, something that humans cannot really grasp, it has always been. A circle has infinite sides, a universe as infinite time, there is no beginning and there will be no end. Just the creation of new and old universes.

Trust me im right. :P

[Jay]
22-09-2008, 04:29 PM
God

kkkkkkkk
i think its so funny that because scientists cant find out properly, they just say 'BIG BANG!'
ok no need to be racist...

Basically time is circular, the big bang wasnt the beginning of the universe it was just the beginning of our universe. The big bang was the end of the last universe and the creating of a new one.

Basically when this universe comes to an end (2012 if you belive the Mayans) there willl be another "big bang" and a new universe will be born.

It was never "created" as such, something that humans cannot really grasp, it has always been. A circle has infinite sides, a universe as infinite time, there is no beginning and there will be no end. Just the creation of new and old universes

So much for the 2012 olympics then

Nereo
22-09-2008, 05:11 PM
;5124608']So much for the 2012 olympics then

No that will still happen, the world is scheduled to end on the 21st of December 2012

The olympics will happen (as long as the organisers dont mess it up) :P

Dan2nd
22-09-2008, 06:13 PM
OKAY IF YOU WANNA KNOW I WILL TELL YOU COS I SPENT AGES WORKIN' IT OUT.

It was never "created" as such, something that humans cannot really grasp, it has always been. A circle has infinite sides, a universe as infinite time, there is no beginning and there will be no end. Just the creation of new and old universes.

yes except according to the Mayan callender the universe works in cycles at the end of each cycle or age the world ends in different ways... according to google... we have already been through fire, earth, air and water you can use your imagination on each of those on how the world ended rofl apprently the next one is called 'The age of center' the question is what does that mean

Mathew
22-09-2008, 07:18 PM
We are currently touching about this in our Biology lessons.

We have been told that there are two scientific reasons.
One being the Earth was made by some sort of metorite, and the other being one which I believe more..

Something from another planet lands on the Earth. Bacteria spreads. Bacteria finds water and adapts to that condition. Bacteria continues spreading until it comes to what we are today.

Today we were talking about Evolution too, but that's a whole different story.
As for how the Universe was created. No idea.

I firmly believe our scientists of the world should focus on more important things such as pollution and restoring the ozone layer, world hunger, etc. It would be great to know how the Universe came about, but seriously.. we've not known for several million years. Why do we want to know now?

Nereo
22-09-2008, 09:03 PM
yes except according to the Mayan callender the universe works in cycles at the end of each cycle or age the world ends in different ways... according to google... we have already been through fire, earth, air and water you can use your imagination on each of those on how the world ended rofl apprently the next one is called 'The age of center' the question is what does that mean

Its theorised that if the LHC does form a black hole it will literally eat the world from the inside out, "age of center"? Center of the earth? (see what im getting at here?)

The LHC has gone wrong and been delayed two months, it is believed that for a black hole to grow big enough to consume the earth it will take 4 years.

That brings us dangerously close to that 21/12/2012 date ;)

It would be great to know how the Universe came about, but seriously.. we've not known for several million years. Why do we want to know now?

Im afraid its called destiny, the world must end on the 21/12/2012 and this is the cause obviously. :)

Skuxx
23-09-2008, 02:13 AM
I've been looking at the whole 2012 thing -- I don't particularly believe in it, but I figured I'd do my research anyway.
The age of center has to do with the supposed galactic alignment of the center of our galaxy with the sun on the winter/summer solstice (depending on which side of the world you're on, lol). It isn't entirely clear what will happen as a result, although there are of course many theories.

[Jay]
23-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Its theorised that if the LHC does form a black hole it will literally eat the world from the inside out, "age of center"? Center of the earth? (see what im getting at here?)

The LHC has gone wrong and been delayed two months, it is believed that for a black hole to grow big enough to consume the earth it will take 4 years.

That brings us dangerously close to that 21/12/2012 date ;)

Im afraid its called destiny, the world must end on the 21/12/2012 and this is the cause obviously. :)
Ok i hate theories that could be right i dont wana die im to young :'(
say you made it up to make me feel better

Abbie.
23-09-2008, 06:45 PM
;5124608']ok no need to be racist...

So much for the 2012 olympics then

how am i being racist?

flyingbrick
23-09-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't know. Nobody really knows.

Though I am quite sure it didn't have anything to do with any white-cloaked floating bearded man.

Ezzie.
25-09-2008, 12:32 AM

Lol wut?

Current theory suggests that the big bang is a pretty sound idea, though there are many holes, which hopefully we'll be able to fill as science progresses.
It does seem to lock into place many of the foundational principles of the universe.

There's a new article on space.com saying how some scientists are starting to theorise that the universe is a metaphorical bubble (this part isn't new, string theory/m theory seems to go along with this) but now they're saying that the current rate galaxies are travelling, there must be some outside of the universe phenomena drawing them apart.

They theorise this could be dark flow, absolutely gigantic structure outside of our universe are exherting a great gravity. Pretty interesting stuff, imagine we're one metaphorical rain drop on a window, pretty crazy comprehending things so insanely huge.

[Jay]
25-09-2008, 06:41 PM
how am i being racist?
I will not take part in any racist acats

mandy1231
12-10-2008, 07:58 PM
what r u talkn about GOD did create this world

Splinter
12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Just a piece of logic. If you dictate that the first atom had to come from somewhere then that something also had to come from somewhere and so the chain continues to infinity. Your arguiment is basically self-defeating.

The fact is that at some point something did have to come from nothing. We can't explain how of course and we will never be able to.

Fehm
12-10-2008, 09:23 PM
1 Split second in time. << The amount of time it takes for time to exist?

What is time? How did 'Time' come about? Who decided to measure 'time'? How did 'Time' come apparant? How many doughnuts did 'time' eat behind our backs? Why isnt 'Time' following all the safety regulation ^^

I think Time plays a large part in your debate =]

The End My friends.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Theorum:

Heres the Earth, Heres Jupiter. And he's stars and i dont rerli care about the rest =]

FlyingJesus
12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Just a piece of logic. If you dictate that the first atom had to come from somewhere then that something also had to come from somewhere and so the chain continues to infinity. Your arguiment is basically self-defeating.

As I believe I've actually said already (although it may be in another thread - this comes up quite often), the Big Bang theory only theorises how our universe was created, and does not in any way attempt to explain how the matter got there. There's a difference between the creation of the universe and the creation of all things

Splinter
12-10-2008, 09:34 PM
As I believe I've actually said already (although it may be in another thread - this comes up quite often), the Big Bang theory only theorises how our universe was created, and does not in any way attempt to explain how the matter got there. There's a difference between the creation of the universe and the creation of all things

The creation of all things is simply something we can't being to know. All we do know is invoking a complex being that itself would need to be created solves nothing and of course the question remains. Thus "God" isn't an answer to the question as the corollary "Where did God come from?" can be invoked.

FlyingJesus
12-10-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't dispute that (although the theological answer is "He has always been") but it's a moot point as the topic is about the universe not existence :P

Splinter
12-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Not if you go back to the original post its not, its to do with the actual creation of the universe not how it became to be formed as we know it. There is no actual scientific dispute on how it came to be formed as we know it now, the universe used to be in an area the size of a baseball and has expanded from there.

But the question is directly to do with how the universe came into exitence. All im saying is that saying "God" explains nothing. And if god can exist forever then so could the universe, or the two original protons. Thus if you argue that everything has to be created then you can't simply decide to end that rule when you wish to invoke god.

Frodo13.
12-10-2008, 10:51 PM
By God...

ToxicPaddy
12-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Great Lee Evans quote there, KnownSinner, although I do believe he said it in stronger language :P

My opinion is that God created the universe. I'm catholic.

Misawa
13-10-2008, 02:13 AM
God is a figment of the naive's imagination.

le harry
13-10-2008, 01:53 PM
God is a figment of the naive's imagination.
Touche.

N-Dubz
13-10-2008, 05:19 PM
why do people always have to get God involved lol.
if you don't believe in god quit your holy days! yes that means christmas and easter.

hello hasnt it been like proved it was the big bang? lol

Lycan
13-10-2008, 05:34 PM
I'll have to side with the FSM theory. beyond that it doesn't bother me. there is no god, there is no fate, there is no reason to life other to to live.

DieselShaq
17-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Nobody can really be sure, but if I were to choose between Big Bang and "God", I'm definitely with the Big Bang. Science overpowers religion. If "God" really created the universe, where did "God" come from? Which "God" do you mean? There are different gods in different religions. There is no god. No gods of any religion exist. Create a separate thread on that if you want, 'cause I'm not going to post an essay here.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!