PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Help

bigdavecox90
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Anyone any good with Blackberry's?

I need some help please.

Ostinato
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't say I am 'good' lol but I have a blackberry pearl 8320 so... I can try and help you if its something easy enough?

bigdavecox90
10-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't say I am 'good' lol but I have a blackberry pearl 8320 so... I can try and help you if its something easy enough?

It keeps appearing with the error message 543.

Looks kind of like a cassette tape, with a circle, triangle and square inside.

Any ideas? :S

Ostinato
10-09-2008, 12:07 PM
It means your OS is corrupt and needs re-loading. I'd suggest if you've just bought it to faulty return it.

To fix it yourself, get a copy of Javaloader (search for it on Google) and wipe out the BlackBerry totally. Use the DOS command Javaloader -usb wipe to wipe off all programs.

Download the latest up to date version of your firmware, blackberry desktop manager.

Open the file to install the new OS. Make sure your BB is connected directly to USB, not through a hub.

Locate and delete "Vendor.XML" on your C: drive.

Restart Desktop Manager; the OS should reload.

Best of luck!

bigdavecox90
10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
It means your OS is corrupt and needs re-loading. I'd suggest if you've just bought it to faulty return it.

To fix it yourself, get a copy of Javaloader (search for it on Google) and wipe out the BlackBerry totally. Use the DOS command Javaloader -usb wipe to wipe off all programs.

Download the latest up to date version of your firmware, blackberry desktop manager.

Open the file to install the new OS. Make sure your BB is connected directly to USB, not through a hub.

Locate and delete "Vendor.XML" on your C: drive.

Restart Desktop Manager; the OS should reload.

Best of luck!

Thanks mate, it's actually for a friend.

So guess I'll give that a go.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!