PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] [Rix] 9/11 Tribute

X:RiX:X
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Seeing as tomorrow is the aniversary of 9/11 i thought i would make a tribute alt for all those who died and all the emergency services who helped during the rescue process.
No c+c please, as i will not be editing it.
Rate it if you want to but you don't have to.
So here it is:
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1485/911tributefintranswv9.gif (http://imageshack.us)
The part of the towers shown is only the top 1/3 and not the whole of the towers otherwise it would be too big.

Valda
10-09-2008, 04:27 PM
it's not bad but a little plane

10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
it's not bad but a little plane

Well your quite the comedian

FlyingJesus
10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
It's quite nice and a good idea but what with the scale of it the towers look a little small, perhaps they can be blown up a bit or something

10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
It's quite nice and a good idea but what with the scale of it the towers look a little small, perhaps they can be blown up a bit or something

I forgot to mention its not the whole of the tower just the top 1/3 id say, thanks for comment

Kardan

I really shouldn't have laughed at that...

Valda
Well your quite the comedian
Thanks lush lips x

LOOOL.

You
someone sent me the url on MSN, didn't know what it was, i thought it was a sushi bar or something until someone said it was for 9/11 :S

10-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Well this alt turned out to be a joke -_-

Havoline
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM

hahahhaa

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

buttons
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
LOL LOVIN IT. (the jokes)

-Xiangu-
10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Everyone joking in this thread is getting -rep.

I love the alt rix, Excellent as always.

10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks =]
Finally someone takes it seriously
xx

Hiro
not a bad alt :)
i quite like it, but I hate the 9/11 anniversary.

RyanDOT
I think its quite impressive. Well done.

Kardan, i always thought you was a good boy... *tut* *tut*.

Stephen08
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice alt but lol at the jokes funny funny

10-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks all for comments x

FlyingJesus
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM

omg where's my -rep? Let's not be discriminating now

Valda
10-09-2008, 04:53 PM

Crying already. :(:(:(:(

Stephen08
10-09-2008, 04:54 PM

Lol they don't know yours is a joke too lmaoo

10-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh well u can joke if you want, i didnt do it for people to say its rubbish or hilarious

-Xiangu-
10-09-2008, 04:58 PM

I didn't see that you meant it as a joke. Thought you were better than that.

Stephen08
10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I didn't see that you meant it as a joke. Thought you were better than that.

Its an irresistible joke to say...... if you don't find it funny, get over it most of us did.

buttons
10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
what is so wrong with making light out of something that happened years ago? it's obvious that his was a joke but i had to lol that she didn't get it. & yeh i laughed at the jokes because i don't take things seriously

i actually agree that it's quite plain as in the towers look a bit dull and you can't make an alt without expecting critiscm so the "i don't make alts for people to call them rubbish" shouldn't be there. it's okay though.

Stephen08
10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Only thing I think looks weird about it is the smoke looks like some sort of cat or something

10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Only thing I think looks weird about it is the smoke looks like some sort of cat or something

LOL
it actually does =P

Bef
10-09-2008, 05:25 PM
The smoke doesnt look right. the candles are cute! :) and i forgot it was sept 11th tomorrow. do we still have 2 minute silences and stuff?

10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Im not sure we do it at my school

luce
10-09-2008, 05:35 PM
it's alright well done.
enough of the puns kfnx

Emzy
10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I hate when people try to make jokes out of something thats not even funny ;/

I think its cute but yeah the towers are a bit small and the smoke looks flat. x

10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Yea only the top 1/3 of the towers is shown cos it would be huge the full size, its supposed to go up against a wall hence the flat smoke =]
thanks for comment

Pazza
10-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh its like furni?

Nice anyway :)

Pazza
10-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh its like furni?

Nice anyway :)

today
10-09-2008, 07:52 PM
the comments, did make me laugh lol.

But tis alright maybe add it to a wall so we could see it on a wall?

buttons
10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
OMG MATT don't admit it made u laugh you get MINUS REP & called disrespectful!!! EDIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boonzeet
10-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Well it is disrespectful. It's disgusting that people here make it out to be so funny, even tho the countless people that lost their lives and the families that were ripped apart and left even more people crying and mourning.

My closest freind lost both his parents in the 9/11 events, and someone has to say something like it's a little 'plane'.

Anyway, grats to Rix and Xiangu who have some common decency to respect the dead.

ItsDave
10-09-2008, 08:09 PM

:eusa_clap

10-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks =]
Someone did minus rep me for being 'disrespectful'
dunno how that worked out for them
didn't even leave there name -_-

This thread is so controversial AMG

Boonzeet
10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
As is anything on a forum filled with prepubescents that constantly offend others to mantain their 'hard' e-look.

10-09-2008, 08:23 PM
They have to be 'cool' by laughing at the dead, who died through no fault of their own, everyone forgets there were people on the planes aswell as in the building and find it funny that thousands of people died because of terrorists.
I wouldn't have made the alt if i were disrespectful -_-
Geez

e5
10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
That really wasn't funny :|

It's a good attempt, atleast your showing dedication to the surviors and everyone involved with the 9/11 rescue process, and not to forget those that died.

11am 1 min silence yes?

buttons
10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
my friend lost his sister in one of the tower actually & all i said was lol @ the jokes :S

10-09-2008, 08:30 PM
That really wasn't funny :|

It's a good attempt, atleast your showing dedication to the surviors and everyone involved with the 9/11 rescue process, and not to forget those that died.

11am 1 min silence yes?

Im not sure
depends where you are really
most american schools do, but cos im british im not sure, my school does it every year tho.

Stephen08
10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Sorry but who said we were laughing at the dead :S

PaintYourTarget
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
The towers don't actually look like the towers, more like grey slabs. More detail to make them recognisable would always be a plan.
The smoke looks very flat and undetailed and textured. Try adding some dithering, or different shades.
And considering you posted it in Habbo alterations, it doesn't look very Habboesque.

The Undertaker
10-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree with the towers being too flat & the smoke looking a bit like a cat :P. I think the stuff at the bottom is good. If you are going to improve on it the towers need to be more wide & the smoke reshaped.

Had to lol @ some of the jokes aswell :P

Sulai
10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
tbh, i think its abit sick creating anything to do with 9/11.

Just my opinion.

drama
10-09-2008, 09:44 PM
ahah tom's comment made me laugh for like a minute :S

Supersam
10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
The alt is lovely and its nice to put effort into doing something for remembering the dead :)
Obviousley c+c is ny-on pointless so I will just say that I like the simplicity and the nice detail ^^ Well done!

Mario
10-09-2008, 10:07 PM
i know people are gunna hate me for this but get over it.
its all good and well remembering the people that were lost but america really does take this too far, i mean it was 7 ******* years ago, and every year after the third 'anniversary' ive been telling people to get over it.

Supersam
10-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I dont hate you for saying it as I didnt lose anyone personally but its very odd that you can be so tactless towards people who may have... nobody forgets rememberance day in this country and I doubt this will be forgotten soon either and I certainly wouldnt like anyone to tell me to "get over" the people who died in the world war.

Its strange how the mass death of thousands of innocent people doesnt even effect you?

Valda
10-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Its strange how the mass death of thousands of innocent people doesnt even effect you?
If it did - We'd all be upset and depressed 24/7 - But some people learn to let go and move on, I suggest you do the same... If you have the will power of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: To the person who left this rep - "You disgust me. Would you like it if your parents were blown up?" - Thanks for the PLUS rep given. ;) MWAH X

Bren
10-09-2008, 10:42 PM
If it did - We'd all be upset and depressed 24/7 - But some people learn to let go and move on, I suggest you do the same... If you have the will power of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: To the person who left this rep - "You disgust me. Would you like it if your parents were blown up?" - Thanks for the PLUS rep given. ;) MWAH X
lolol

I love your work Sian 9/10, the smoke could do with some altering though ;)

FlyingJesus
10-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I dont hate you for saying it as I didnt lose anyone personally but its very odd that you can be so tactless towards people who may have... nobody forgets rememberance day in this country and I doubt this will be forgotten soon either and I certainly wouldnt like anyone to tell me to "get over" the people who died in the world war.

Remembrance Day is in memory of MILLIONS from all over the world; it's a massive global event. The only reason the Americans hyped up 9/11 so much is that they aren't used to being attacked on their own soil - Europe gets plenty of terrorist attacks and we bat them away.

Verrou
11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
We as the human race need to move on, it was 7 years ago. Let it go -.-

+ Those jokes earlier were quite good.

Stephen08
11-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Some people haven't even thought about 9/11 but they just try to be the hero and -rep and start arguments telling people how sick they are or whatever

CadalacDon
11-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Uhg. I hate the jokes so much seeing as im american.

However lovely alt. You could add more detail into the tower to the left like some wreckage cause right now it looks like a funky rain cloud wraped around it :P

ExtraKen
11-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Rix Looking lovely <3

TidgyPie
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I would love to see all the bad comment people make a graphic like this?

Hmmm

Lovely Rix, just as much as i love your burger ;)

11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks all for postitive comments =]

Kyle
11-09-2008, 03:13 PM
It's way too big.

lol @ flyingjesus' pun :eusa_clap

Nobody's laughing at people dieing, people are just trying to make something good out of something bad and some of you are like ":l -rep" srsly get a sense of humour.

Liberational
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I would just make the flag a little thicker but other than that looks perfect. Well done 9/10

Con
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Nice Job RiX, Nice of you to do something like this :D
It looks a bit 2D but I dunno.
I like the idea +REP :D

I giggled :[ but this is turning into a joke ;[

I really shouldn't have laughed at that...
:(:eusa_whis

11-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I giggled :[ but this is turning into a joke ;[

Agree :(
thanks for comment =]

Fehm
11-09-2008, 05:18 PM
I like it alot =] A true 9/11 for it (Y) nah 10/10 love the idea's behind it and everything so welldone.

Boonzeet
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Some people haven't even thought about 9/11 but they just try to be the hero and -rep and start arguments telling people how sick they are or whatever

But other people have thought about it. I lived in new york when it happened, it affected me and a lot of people around me and I am still upset whenever I see it happen because it was horrible. My parents almost died in it, it's not something to joke about so lightly!

Stephen08
12-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Its up to us if we want to joke about it though, if people don't like the jokes, fair enough but they don't have to have a go at the people and give them -rep etc

Duck Hunt
12-09-2008, 02:37 AM

At first i didn't get what people were laughing at, so i looked back >_> Not really funny...

Hello Rix, Its a great alt, it truly is. You at least took the time to make an alt of a 9/11 tribute... Good or not (depends on other peoples' opinions), its still means something that you respected all of the people who died in this horrible attack.

Accipiter
12-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I LOL'D IRL At "Well ur Quite the Comedian"

Browney
13-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Rix Looking lovely <3

pls comment on the alt, extra. :P

Lovely Rix, just as much as i love your burger ;)

some kind of innuendo?

yeah I like it. bit big for a habbo room I would've said, but its pretty great.

Loqo
13-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Nice alt. :)

DJ::Beatz
14-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Good job (y)
It would be great as a habbo poster to remember the day =]

ElliottThompson
14-09-2008, 02:45 PM
3000+ people died on that day due to the plane attacks (many more lives were ruined), but yet sad little boys and girls with no other social standing than on a forum, have no other place to make their little jokes, because to them thats all life is about. Well done, you all proved to yourselves just how sad and pathetic you really are. NOW YOUR LIVES REALLY SOMETHING TO BE LAUGHED AT, AND SOMETHING FOR YOU TO BE ASHAMED OF...

Nice alt, and great to see someone who respects the LIVES of others

ElliottThompson
14-09-2008, 02:45 PM
3000+ people died on that day due to the plane attacks (many more lives were ruined), but yet sad little boys and girls with no other social standing than on a forum, have no other place to make their little jokes, because to them thats all life is about. Well done, you all proved to yourselves just how sad and pathetic you really are. NOW YOUR LIVES REALLY SOMETHING TO BE LAUGHED AT, AND SOMETHING FOR YOU TO BE ASHAMED OF...

Double post for some reason, but i guess its twice the reading for those "idiots"

Nussan
14-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Just because your way of getting over things is to be sad and depressed, not everyone gets over stuff like that. Its just like when people have a funeral, some want everyone dressed in black while others throw a party and have fun to celebrate their life. Some peoples way of getting over things is to think of all the good and have fun, not cry about it even 8 years later. If you don't like how they get over it then don't post, I don't get why it bothers you so much that they aren't all depressed and sad and emo because its 9/11. Its been 8 years now, its time to remember the good and stop sitting on the bad. :eusa_whis

bo$$
14-09-2008, 04:48 PM

So.. they laugh at something that you care about (*cough*they do have the right to person opinions*cough*) and that means that they have no life? You're no better for calling them idiots and trying to insult their social life.

I don't agree with laughing about it/poking fun at it but realistically, everyone has the right to do whatever they want. It's been 8 years, afterall.

Just because your way of getting over things is to be sad and depressed, not everyone gets over stuff like that. Its just like when people have a funeral, some want everyone dressed in black while others throw a party and have fun to celebrate their life. Some peoples way of getting over things is to think of all the good and have fun, not cry about it even 8 years later. If you don't like how they get over it then don't post, I don't get why it bothers you so much that they aren't all depressed and sad and emo because its 9/11. Its been 8 years now, its time to remember the good and stop sitting on the bad. :eusa_whis

word. +rep

ElliottThompson
14-09-2008, 07:09 PM
So.. they laugh at something that you care about (*cough*they do have the right to person opinions*cough*) and that means that they have no life? You're no better for calling them idiots and trying to insult their social life.

I don't agree with laughing about it/poking fun at it but realistically, everyone has the right to do whatever they want. It's been 8 years, afterall.

word. +rep
Oh im sorry, of course, its been 8 years after all, obviously its just something to poke fun at now. Alot of people view this forum, some may have been affected by that day, in their "REAL LIVES".

Im not getting depressed over it, in all honesty i never have done, but having respect for peoples lives dosent mean you have to be sad, since when has having a laugh about someone dieing been funny. You may have greived over someones death in the past, im sure if someone made a joke about them or how they died, you wouldent be that amused. Once again, im not sad about the situation, but that doesent mean i have to pop jokes at it for the "luls" on a forum.

14-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Just to correct u its bin 7 years it was in 2001
thanks for comments tho =]

Kyle
15-09-2008, 06:23 PM
lets celebrate life

bo$$
15-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh im sorry, of course, its been 8 years after all, obviously its just something to poke fun at now. Alot of people view this forum, some may have been affected by that day, in their "REAL LIVES".

Im not getting depressed over it, in all honesty i never have done, but having respect for peoples lives dosent mean you have to be sad, since when has having a laugh about someone dieing been funny. You may have greived over someones death in the past, im sure if someone made a joke about them or how they died, you wouldent be that amused. Once again, im not sad about the situation, but that doesent mean i have to pop jokes at it for the "luls" on a forum.

I understand that some people may have been affected that day in their "REAL LIVES" but you can't yell, in this case insult through typing, at people just because they're not ******* crying over it.

I have had people die that I know and to be honest the people laughing aren't laughing at the people that died.. they're laughing at the play on words and what not. If they were saying "hahaha thousands of people died in a terrorist attack! **** them and everyone affected!!!!!" then it would be a different story.

You might not want to joke for the 'luls' of it but you also don't need to insult peoples social lives and what not. You could have easily said that it was immature or whatever (if anything) but you chose to be pretty rude about it.

iMegz.
15-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Nice idea, well done. :)

James!
15-09-2008, 09:55 PM
someone sent me the url on MSN, didn't know what it was, i thought it was a sushi bar or something until someone said it was for 9/11 :SHaha I do see the resemblance.

Anyways, not much detail on the smoke and the towers are just a copy and paste job from that Habbo furni light thingy bob lol..

Nice idea though.

16-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Haha I do see the resemblance.

Anyways, not much detail on the smoke and the towers are just a copy and paste job from that Habbo furni light thingy bob lol..

Nice idea though.

Urm the towers are not c&pd i has WIPs if your that interested.

restored,
16-09-2008, 02:55 PM

ROFL! Bad use of words.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!