PDA

View Full Version : Welcome PM, Confirmed Posts

Dentafrice
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Well not sure if it still does it, it might, but when you register.. in the welcome PM, if Habbox Forum has one.. it should include some information about why their posts are not appearing.

Also I think it needs to have some information on why they are not being approved instantly.. maybe that would solve the tons of threads being created just for the purpose of saying "WHY IS MY POST NT APPEARIN? WHY NOT BEIN CONFIRMED", etc.

,Jess,
12-09-2008, 05:54 AM
It says this in the welcome PM atm:

Please note that your first 15 posts will require approving by the moderation department before appearing publically. Please understand that this is in place to ensure all inappropriate users (such as trolls, spammers and bots) are kept off the forums. We aim to check all moderated posts as fast as possible. Posts should not take any more than 24 hours to approve (usually a lot less).

So it kind of does already explain that.

HotelUser
12-09-2008, 10:16 AM

Perhaps it should be included in a separate PM altogether, as to attract more attention. There have been "why don't my posts show up" threads made too much, and many users don't even read the initial welcoming PM.

Nick-
12-09-2008, 10:36 AM

The unfortunate thing about the welcome PM is that it seems that no one ever bothers to read it properly meaning we have to answer the same questions over and over again for the sake of impatient new users who think they're being victimised because they're being 'moderated' :(

MissAlice
12-09-2008, 10:42 AM
The unfortunate thing about the welcome PM is that it seems that no one ever bothers to read it properly meaning we have to answer the same questions over and over again for the sake of impatient new users who think they're being victimised because they're being 'moderated' :(

I think a lot has been done to help new members understand how things work, and you are right they probably read the first few lines of the welcome pm skim through the rules etc. as in many cases they are young, a little impatient, it's all too much to absorb, when all they really want to do is start posting ;) So I don't think there is much more anyone can really do.

Dentafrice
12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Maybe force them to view a thread on registration?

Lee
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Yea I suppose that could work! :P

brandon
12-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Maybe force them to view a thread on registration?
But they'll probably just view it and then click off it without reading it.

Lee
12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Well if they do that there really no way we can do anything is there? They can always click of something, unless they has a self-timered pop-up witch would go off after a set amount of time?

Recursion
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Then in any threads you get, say

"Read your god damn Welcome PM/Thread."

no waiii
12-09-2008, 04:59 PM
put a part when people sign up

saying

YOUR FRIST 15 POSTS HAVE TO BE APROVED DO YOU AGREE

and then a little box they tick

Leetzgirl
12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
put a part when people sign up

saying

YOUR FRIST 15 POSTS HAVE TO BE APROVED DO YOU AGREE

and then a little box they tick

No not a box

put numbers at the end so they take even more notice of it!

IDontKnow
12-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey,

Maybe if when they post it displays ;

"Your first 15 posts will be moderated by our team, blablabla" then they click OK when they've read it :D

iJoe
12-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Use the notices feature..............................

For members who have 0-15 posts, show a notice saying their posts must be approved, make it persisitant so that they always notice it,

mat64
12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Use the notices feature..............................

For members who have 0-15 posts, show a notice saying their posts must be approved, make it persisitant so that they always notice it,
That'll work.

Lee
12-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeh! Good idea!

The Professor
13-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I like it I like it.

Dentafrice
13-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Hopefully something can get implemented.

nvrspk4
14-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Perfect idea *slaps on to do list*. I promise this is a to do list where things get done...eventually :P Probably with the next batch of forum changes.

GommeInc
14-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Why not have at the top of the PM the bit about posting, that's the most important bit really. Or have at the top of the forum a message about it. I think that's possible through permissions at least :S

Ooo, what's the notice feature?

Slowpoke
14-09-2008, 11:26 AM
No, when the user actually posts it says something like "posts are under moderation" and I think it makes it sound like they've done something wrong and it's really vague. It'd be better if it said something like "As a new member, your first fifteen posts will need to be approved by a moderator".

GommeInc
14-09-2008, 07:10 PM
And the reason why they have to be approved. Not telling them is rude and kinda anti-social... :/

The Professor
14-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Why not have at the top of the PM the bit about posting, that's the most important bit really. Or have at the top of the forum a message about it. I think that's possible through permissions at least :S

Ooo, what's the notice feature?

I believe the notice feature is the box at the top that appears if you aren't logged in telling you to register and all that jazz. I hope it is anyway :P

sierk
15-09-2008, 06:51 PM
These are very good ideas :) It is important to make things as easy and welcoming as possible for new members, as they form the foundations of the forum, especially if we want to grow.

Dentafrice
15-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree.

Saves thousands of threads asking "OMGZ ***Z I goin on wit muh posts?".

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!