PDA

View Full Version : Diskette drive 0 seek failure problem

You
12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I get that message when i boot up :l

Can anyone give me some advice? I've read on other sites about it being caused by a floppy drive but my pc doesn't have one.

I've looked up in the set up (BIOS - i think) menu about the boot up sequence

it's set as, HDD, CD rom, removeable devices

but i still get the error. +rep to helpers

Heart Break Kid
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
i have a similar message appear when i boot up and the voice says blah blah...failed to boot up floppy disk error then i have to press f1
coz it comes up saying the exact as it says for you about the failure but with floppy disk instead my advice is to remove the sed hardware and replace it

You
12-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't think my hardware is naffed, i think there is something in the BIOD Setup that is dodgy. Luckily, the computer isn't even a year old, so if there is something dodgy with the hardware, it'll be covered.

WileyWestwood
12-09-2008, 08:15 PM
hahahahhaah pwned marcus

pWnED~~~~~~~~~~~ oWNED 2kai8 marcusisirish

You
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
lol danny. It can be fixed by reformatting but i don't want to do that.

Ohirian
13-09-2008, 07:27 AM
It can also be caused by the CD drive.

Are there any CD's in the drive at present?
When you bootup the computer, run it in safemode. Then turn it off and run it normally.

Kevin
13-09-2008, 11:33 AM
You may try updating your system BIOS, if you have not done so already.

You
13-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Hmm, I've gone through the BIOS, everything looks alright, It was set to run a floppy drive but I don't have one, so i switched it off. Now the computer loads, then just reboots and carries on doing that. I've tried using the repair thing but it doesn't work, so i've had to reformat the computer. :@

Ohirian
13-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Hmm, I've gone through the BIOS, everything looks alright, It was set to run a floppy drive but I don't have one, so i switched it off. Now the computer loads, then just reboots and carries on doing that. I've tried using the repair thing but it doesn't work, so i've had to reformat the computer. :@

Did you trying running on safe mode then looking through?

You
13-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah, It wouldn't let me into safe mode or anything else

Ohirian
13-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Ah, ok Sorry.

Is it sorted yet? If not you might have to restore you're computer :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!