View Full Version : Is this realistic?

348GTS
13-09-2008, 12:36 AM
I currently weigh 135 pounds @ 5"3.

This is my normal day of eating:

-Frosted Flakes w/Milk for breakfast, then an apple juice at school
-Cesar Salad (small) for lunc w/Apple Juice
-4:00PM when I get home from school, a 100 calorie bar
-Anything really.. hamburgers, frozen stuff, but almost always with a salad on the size.

My excercise:

-Drive into school
-Walk home (~3KM) at a decently fast pace.
-Treadmill for 30 minutes, normally 10 minutes jogging at 5MPH and walking at 4MPH for the rest.

My goal:

That by December 27th, when my family at friends will go to Florida, to loose enough weight that I don't need to be embarassed to take my shirt off. I'm really planning on a lifestyle change rather then just cutting back for now until Florida.

What I know I can change:

Meals:

-Toast with a bit of butter, some grapes, banana
-Nothing at school
-Cesar salad with water or milk
-Eat healthier for supper, take larger portions of salad and less of everything else

Excersise:

Today I really pushed myself and ended up with jogging 20 minutes and walking 10. This however, won't be a daily occurence since I couldn't breath after (I have a small case of asthma) but I can manage 15 mins until I get the muscles working.

I can also start lifting weights, my brother has a bench press downstairs that my friends use a lot. Would this help?

What I really want to know is is it realistic, with what I've mentioned, to look good in a couple months? If not, tell me what I can do, and I will most likely do it.

If you need any more info like waist size and stuff I don't mind giving :P

Thanks!

gaga1
13-09-2008, 12:42 AM
I'd say it was a good plan but more protein needs to be included in the diet.

348GTS
13-09-2008, 01:03 AM
I'd say it was a good plan but more protein needs to be included in the diet.

Could you elaborate?

Like more red meat?

gaga1
13-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Yeah, sorry. Chicken, fish, red meat. Don't cut out all those foods completely, you need it to be a balanced diet rather than one that just consists of salad leaves etc.

sock
13-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I think thats not enough tbh, I think you need to have a moe balanced diet, and that you need to go work out at the gym. Not calling you fat as i've never seen you but I think it could work if you go to the gym around 4 times a week and get into sports.

e5
13-09-2008, 10:09 AM
You can't just rely on your exercise machine.

You ought to get involved in lots of sports.

Football, hockey, swimming, basketball are all easy sports to join in on.
You can attend weekend football training locally, go to your swimming baths and swim for an hour, with friends/family etc and play basketball/hockey at school or find a place that does these activities out of school.

Also I suggest gym work, on the weights. Also don't worry about how heavy you are because if you start doing weights, you're going to build muscle, and lose body fat. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you're more likely to put on weight and lose body fat and build up some good muscles.

So weights and sport involvment aswell as the continious use of your running machine should get you in fit and working order. Aswell as the healthy diet :)

348GTS
13-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the help guys, but honestly, its really too late for Sports. Anybody my age thats playing sports in a league are like 10x better than I am, simply because they've been doing it for 10 years now.

For the swimming, Winters coming up and I don't really like swimming. I will be playing a lot of ice hockey though (Canadians FTW) aswell as a lot of shoveling.

mangle
13-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Don't skip meals, if you skip meals you'll be more tempted to snack. Even if you have an apple for lunch at school it'll be better, just remember that everything in moderation is best.

Nereo
13-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the help guys, but honestly, its really too late for Sports. Anybody my age thats playing sports in a league are like 10x better than I am, simply because they've been doing it for 10 years now.

For the swimming, Winters coming up and I don't really like swimming. I will be playing a lot of ice hockey though (Canadians FTW) aswell as a lot of shoveling.

In Football there are always really rubbish teams you could join :P

Havoline
13-09-2008, 04:02 PM
More weightlifting and junk if you wanna look good topless

Loqo
13-09-2008, 04:06 PM
-Nothing at school!

Worst thing you can do. Eat when you would normally eat but just more healthy. You wont eat in school and by the time you eat your next meal you'll have more then needed. Trust me, eat at school and stick to your normal meal times, even if it isn't much make sure you eat.

TooClose
14-09-2008, 12:05 AM
More protein (Fish, meat etc>
Less carbs (breads, semolina, dairy)

If you want to tone the tophalf of your body try weightlifting etc, running isn't going to shift topheavy weight very fast. Don't overdo yourself though, it's not hard to injure yourself during excersize.

You've got to eat somthing at school, eat small bites during the day if you have to. If you dont eat at school you won't be able to focus or concentrate and your work will suffer. When i was at school i was weight obsessed and my metabolism plumetted because i stopped eating during the day because i wanted to keep my figure and i was obsessed with impressing the guys.. and the girls.. :l lol

tdi
14-09-2008, 11:27 PM
if you drive to school and then walk home how does your car then get home?

PaintYourTarget
15-09-2008, 12:24 AM
if you drive to school and then walk home how does your car then get home?
He gets a lift, you *** :)

Can't you get into American Football? If you play Ice Hockey, I assume you could also try for the Defensive line. I figure if you're built enough for Ice Hockey you're built enough for Defense? But then again, I'm a swimmer so.

If excersize doesn't work or if you don't get toned/in shape in time, wear your hockey jerseys out or leave them by your sun lounger. In every photo I have of me in the Carribean there's a Coventry City or England shirt somewhere close by - people do notice and I guess they'll realise you're big for your sport.

[Chris]
24-09-2008, 10:32 PM
He gets a lift, you *** :)

Can't you get into American Football? If you play Ice Hockey, I assume you could also try for the Defensive line. I figure if you're built enough for Ice Hockey you're built enough for Defense? But then again, I'm a swimmer so.

If excersize doesn't work or if you don't get toned/in shape in time, wear your hockey jerseys out or leave them by your sun lounger. In every photo I have of me in the Carribean there's a Coventry City or England shirt somewhere close by - people do notice and I guess they'll realise you're big for your sport.

Yeah, im a swimmer aswel.. Rugby/American football is awesome. I have broad shoulders from swimming which helps in games like AF/R - Im the first to admit i have a bit of weight on me but i have really thick bones

But yeah, DONT not eat anything at school, even something small at lunch time / break time, something like fruit at break then something like a healthy pasta or take a packed lunch in with like

Apple / Other Fruit
Bottle Of Water OR Something like fresh orange juice/apple juice
Something Sweet (Small) EG, 1/2 size mars bar ect ect
Muffin/sandwich, Meat Or dairy, something healthyish

That doesnt really sound that bad, then maybe join in with something like a soccer/football game at school to burn some of the calories off.
Then maybe if your hungry when your at home, i find that drinking something like water helps, im more of a drinking person than a eating person, i hate eating for some reason, its just inconvenient except for my lunch and tea

Good luck

Arch
24-09-2008, 10:43 PM
If you wanna look good at a beach you want to build muscle not just loose weight, do sit ups and stuff

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!