PDA

View Full Version : [TUT] More users/guests online

Moh
13-09-2008, 12:52 PM
This is kinda cheating, but oh well.
If you want your forum to appear to have more users online at once, you can change the session timeout.
The default setting for this is 900 (15 mins). So if the user hasn't been active within that time, they appear as offline.

But, if you changed this session timeout to say 3600 (60 mins) all the people who's session should have ended don't for another 45 mins.

So, if your wondering how to do this, simply visit admin cp www.yoursite.com/forum/admincp (http://www.yoursite.com/forum/admincp).

At the top, click vBulletin Options. You should now get a list of options you can change. Now scroll down to Cookies and HTTP Header Options (You could just type c on your keyboard if you have selected the drop down).

The very first setting should be Session Timeout, this should have a defualt value of 900. You can now change this to what ever you want (Keep it realistic).

Meti
13-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Lol. Great TUT. Should be stickied :P

+rep if i can

--ss--
13-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Habbcrazy have been found out soz xox

Moh
13-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Habbcrazy have been found out soz xox
Shush :eusa_shhh

Calon
13-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Lol. Great TUT. Should be stickied :P

+rep if i can
Sorry, but this is hardly a tutorial, but I have to say it's handy for the vBulletin forum owners though, wouldn't use myself :)

Moh
13-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Sorry, but this is hardly a tutorial, but I have to say it's handy for the vBulletin forum owners though, wouldn't use myself :)
It's still a tutorial though xD

Calon
13-09-2008, 01:42 PM
It's still a tutorial though xD

Yeah, but I meant it's not a tutorial that should be stuck, although it's handy you can't call it a Tutorial of the year or something.

ebay
14-09-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't get why you would want to claim to have more vistors than you actually have...?

Snex
16-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I hate people who do this as it means that when you look at the whos online page it displays many idle people for ages ago which basically gives it away straight away giving the forum a sence of it being dead due to there being 20 members online but none of them posting.

Meti
16-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Lol. Calon, I didn't mean it :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!