PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair incident bring about emergency response in Dublin

no waiii
13-09-2008, 01:56 PM
soz if being posted xx

A Ryanair flight experienced trouble this morning at the Dublin Airport when the plane’s tail reportedly hit the runway as it attempted to take off. The aircraft was scheduled to fly to London, but the incident sent emergency units at the airport scrambling to respond to what could have turned into a serious accident. According to a BBC News report, the plane did end up talking off, but the impact meant that emergency masks descended throughout the cabin. The pilot also decided to land immediately in Dublin in order to assess if the plane had suffered any sort of damage during the incident.

The Republic of Ireland’s transport ministry officials have decided to launch an investigation into the accident, in order to determine precisely what transpired. One of the passengers on board the Ryanair flight told an Irish radio news program that he heard a large “bang” immediately after take-off.

Ryanair appears to have plagued similar small airport accidents over the course of the past several weeks. In late August, passengers aboard a Ryanair flight from Britain to Spain were frightened after the plane suddenly dropped 8,000 metres within a matter of minutes. Two weeks ago, another flight operated by the Irish discount carrier was forced to make an emergency landing in Rome.

http://news.carrentals.co.uk/ryanair-incident-bring-about-emergency-response-in-dublin-3423645.html

ToxicPaddy
13-09-2008, 10:32 PM
When I went to Ireland recently, I went there and back with Ryanair and I was terrified because these incidents happen a lot with Ryanair recently. I don't think Ryanair will be here this time next year (with accidents and also the market).

Yoshimitsui
13-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Any pictures on it? The numpty probably over rotated!

cocaine
13-09-2008, 10:51 PM
what a tool, how did he manage to do a tailstrike LOL.

Geraint
13-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Them Ryanair air pilots ain't half brave. Have you been on one of their landings? Bloody hell.

habtasia
13-09-2008, 11:35 PM
When i last used Ryanair, The engines cut out a few minutes after takeoff while we were acending, and we felt the plane started decending

Scania
14-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Its Ryanair we are talking about folks..

There are not too many causes of tail strikes.. in all cases its pilot error/air-frame testing.

Tail strikes are only caused by; Pilot rotating too soon with not enough airspeed Aircraft may be too heavy - running out of runway fast.

Afterall.. it is Ryanair :rolleyes:

cocaine
14-09-2008, 09:04 AM
When i last used Ryanair, The engines cut out a few minutes after takeoff while we were acending, and we felt the plane started decending

i dont think they did...

and Sam, I may be wrong but I think the aircraft wouldn't rotate unless it had enough airspeed... could be wrong though :P

xxMATTGxx
14-09-2008, 09:26 AM

I'm sure that never happened to be honest.

Also, the plane would have to have enough airspeed to get off the ground.

Decode
14-09-2008, 09:45 AM

Yeah and you school bus got attacked by 3 men with axes yesterday.

Emzy
14-09-2008, 11:47 AM
i love easyjet lool thats why you spend more money on good companies, so you know the driver isnt a hobo.

Decode
14-09-2008, 12:11 PM
i love easyjet lool thats why you spend more money on good companies, so you know the driver isnt a hobo.

The article is about ryanair and all ryanair and easyjet pilots are trained very well.

14-09-2008, 05:21 PM

LOL

you cant blame ryanair for these things happening, they dont make the planes. It could happen to any airline.

cocaine
14-09-2008, 05:23 PM
LOL

you cant blame ryanair for these things happening, they dont make the planes. It could happen to any airline.

so you're saying that the planes themselves did the tail damage? No, something the pilot must have done would have caused it.

And also no, it is the airlines fault. Also the airline are primarily responsible for maintainance and upkeep of the aircraft, which prevents them from becoming involved in crashes or accidents.

14-09-2008, 05:28 PM
so you're saying that the planes themselves did the tail damage? No, something the pilot must have done would have caused it.

And also no, it is the airlines fault. Also the airline are primarily responsible for maintainance and upkeep of the aircraft, which prevents them from becoming involved in crashes or accidents.

im not talking about that bit, im talking about the person saying about the engines failing.

cocaine
14-09-2008, 05:31 PM
im not talking about that bit, im talking about the person saying about the engines failing.

ooh ok. from someone who knows a bit about planes.. i can tell you the engines on his plane didn't fail (or cut out as he said), if they did he most likely wouldn't be here today! :P

Jordy
14-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah and you school bus got attacked by 3 men with axes yesterday.His brother was also shot and he came on HabboxForum to tell everyone:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=513175

Very eventful life for some :eusa_whis

Safety shouldn't be a compromise whether the airline is chartered, no thrills or transatlantic. It should all still be as good.

Decode
14-09-2008, 06:02 PM
ooh ok. from someone who knows a bit about planes.. i can tell you the engines on his plane didn't fail (or cut out as he said), if they did he most likely wouldn't be here today! :P
Yeah, 737's can fly on 1 engine if needed to and it's almost unheard of that both engines fail at the same time.

habtasia
14-09-2008, 08:20 PM

Well done for recalling ;)

And the engnes sounded like they had cut off

Decode
14-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Ok, so the engines sounded like they cut off and then you started to descend.

Leetzgirl
14-09-2008, 09:40 PM
and almost crashed

before that, your brother got shot and his last moments was you on hxf

woo woo :Rolleyes:

Threads merged by Yoshimitsui (Forum Moderator): Also, please stick to the thread in hand.

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:11 PM
My friends dad is a pilot for Ryanair and Ryan my friend currently does the signalling thing for planes (dont know the name) but he has said that so many of the staff there are feeling extremely under pressure, some of them leaving because of it.

no waiii
21-09-2008, 04:58 PM

you were landing

Corporal
21-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, 737's can fly on 1 engine if needed to and it's almost unheard of that both engines fail at the same time.
True, only 777's engines fail at the same time for no apparent reason.

Ryanair is known for pilots getting told off over nothing.

cocaine
21-09-2008, 07:47 PM
you were landing

it says only a few seconds after take off lol.

xxMATTGxx
21-09-2008, 07:54 PM
True, only 777's engines fail at the same time for no apparent reason.

Ryanair is known for pilots getting told off over nothing.

They said that it was Ice. Although I think there doing further testing to double check.

Corporal
21-09-2008, 07:59 PM
They said that it was Ice. Although I think there doing further testing to double check.
Yer, although it doesnt really make sense as it would of melted by the time it landed, One thing that could of happend is that with water being present in jet fuel that it was a build of ice near there, then it melted and water went through instead of fuel. BUT they would of found water where the fuel should of been.
anyway back on topic

Hayd93
21-09-2008, 08:57 PM

Dont they do that usuall or am i worng. Cause when i go to spain they always at manchester take off get up some then relax on the throttle a bit because they get fined if they make so mutch noise or something.

Not sure maybe someone could tell me.

Yoshimitsui
21-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Dont they do that usuall or am i worng. Cause when i go to spain they always at manchester take off get up some then relax on the throttle a bit because they get fined if they make so mutch noise or something.

Not sure maybe someone could tell me.

They only use the full throttle for the takeoff and climb. If you where to use it during cruise then it would overspeed. Thats why they ratlle alot on takeoff and will sound slightly different one leveling out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!