PDA

View Full Version : Band website layouts.

Calon
14-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Alright, so I've been asked to re-design a website which I created a few months ago.. I was a newbie then and sucked completely at web design, I need a few ideas to spice up the page.

Well, not a few, I want to re-do it all and create more backend features for the band members.

http://www.theneonwebsite.co.uk/

Dentafrice
14-09-2008, 01:25 PM
http://fuzionphp.com/~downtown/site/

I've got that, if you want to use it. The coding is a little ****** up, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Andys
14-09-2008, 01:25 PM
It's way to plain.

Calon
14-09-2008, 01:29 PM
http://fuzionphp.com/~downtown/site/

I've got that, if you want to use it. The coding is a little ****** up, but nothing that can't be fixed.
Thanks, but I really want to try designing my self, and not really the color scheme I am aiming for, but I like it :P

It's way to plain.
I'm not asking for feedback, I'm asking for ideas for a new design.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 01:31 PM
You'd really want to redesign the whole website, I'd recommend searching around Google for the "top 20 website designs" or something, you can get a lot of inspiration from them :)

Calon
14-09-2008, 01:35 PM
You'd really want to redesign the whole website
I am, thanks for the top 20 thing that should most likely inspire me, Oscar (band founding d00d.) said that he likes Muse's website, www.muse.mu but I can't code actionscript but I imagine that I should use a color scheme like that.

Andys
14-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks, but I really want to try designing my self, and not really the color scheme I am aiming for, but I like it :P

I'm not asking for feedback, I'm asking for ideas for a new design.
Make it less plain :rolleyes:

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 01:38 PM
I am, thanks for the top 20 thing that should most likely inspire me, Oscar (band founding d00d.) said that he likes Muse's website, www.muse.mu (http://www.muse.mu) but I can't code actionscript but I imagine that I should use a color scheme like that.Well something like that is really easy to code in divs, wouldn't have all the nice effects but I'm sure you can find a lot of js effects to give it a 'flashy' tone?

Calon
14-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Make it less plain :rolleyes:
I've already decided to make it less plain, and it should be a little obvious.

Well something like that is really easy to code in divs, wouldn't have all the nice effects but I'm sure you can find a lot of js effects to give it a 'flashy' tone?

Yeah, true.

Protege
14-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Why do you fail to use padding? On all your sites the margins = 0 and padding = 0, makes it look crap.

1. Adding padding on that center box
2. Make it transparent, like 5% transparent (95%)
3. Center that background on the page, don't repeat it.
4. Add a black background on the body

Follow that, and post the new url.

Calon
14-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Why do you fail to use padding? On all your sites the margins = 0 and padding = 0, makes it look crap, adding a margin on that center box, change the white border to a nice dashed border, and you'll be getting somewhere.

Also make that box a little transparent, not too much to show off that background.

Center the background on that page, and don't repeat it.
Keep your money, I'm going home.

Protege
14-09-2008, 03:51 PM
So your telling me you don't want me to pay you, you want me to come to your home. Wow man, witness that the guy is gay, and wants to **** me I know your ex-gf didnt want to but man I don't swing that way.

I wont give any decent feedback next time. Its k :)

Calon
14-09-2008, 04:00 PM
So your telling me you don't want me to pay you, you want me to come to your home. Wow man, witness that the guy is gay, and wants to **** me I know your ex-gf didnt want to but man I don't swing that way.

I wont give any decent feedback next time. Its k :)Lol, she dumped me because she was having serious family problems, her aunt and uncle just died, but I also fail to see how my social life actually comes into this.. Lol.

Protege
14-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Lol, she dumped me because she was having serious family problems, her aunt and uncle just died, but I also fail to see how my social life actually comes into this.. Lol.

LOL, so she dumps you cause some people die, usually thats the time they need you the most.

Take my advice on that layout, and you'll see something half decent.

Calon
14-09-2008, 04:10 PM
LOL, so she dumps you cause some people die, usually thats the time they need you the most.

Take my advice on that layout, and you'll see something half decent.
Sorry, but your advice is not helping as I am making a completely new layout. Without boxes, because it's "your style".

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!