PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown VS RAW 2009 - Your predictions?

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Well we've seen some demos and heard some information but what do you think the game will be like?

Do you think you will be able to challenge for multiple titles unlike 2007/2008 where you could only challenge for the WWE Championship and the WHT?

Perhaps being a small lightweight like Santino Marella you won't be thrown into the big matches like you was in 2008, thus giving you the opportunity to challenge for the IC, CT titles?

I am looking forward to the new superstars introduced into the new version, in past versions there was hardly any variety, only a small select few could be played in Manager Mode.

With the new version what are your predictions for the Manager Mode story lines? Will every superstar have a different storyline or will they all be the same like previous versions. What do you guys think will be the story lines if this is true!

Tag Team matches this year look absolutely fantastic, being able to work together with your partner and build momentum to overcome your opponents, very exciting times for Tag Team matches in the new version!

So, with all these questions, what do you all think? Perhaps we could use this thread as a discussion thread for the game?

Pre-order at www.play.com for only £40.00 instead of paying £50.00 when the actual game is out in shops - I have!

Heart Break Kid
14-09-2008, 07:16 PM
might of been better posting it in here
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=506707
loads of predictians in it
i hope they help if not PM me i will talk about it through that :D

CJW93
14-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Kofi Kingston going to be on 09 :)

Misawa
14-09-2008, 08:17 PM
There's only like 5 Superstars for Story Mode, which is called Road to WrestleMania mode this year - 4 individual stories pertaining to that wrestler, and one tag team story of Batista and Mysterio.

Funya Chin
14-09-2008, 08:18 PM
might of been better posting it in here
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=506707
loads of predictians in it
i hope they help if not PM me i will talk about it through that :D

... and you got an A* in English?

Wayne
14-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't preorder it yet, I've seen a site where it's cheaper than £40 so I'll preorder it soon. Btw, there's no GM mode. Also, as HBK said this thread http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=506707 of WWF/WWE video games would be a better place to post since there is lots of info/screenshots/videos etc of the game there.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Kofi Kingston going to be on 09 :)Hell yeah! I wanted evan bourne to be in there, some high flying moves :(!

There's only like 5 Superstars for Story Mode, which is called Road to WrestleMania mode this year - 4 individual stories pertaining to that wrestler, and one tag team story of Batista and Mysterio.Are you serious? Where did you read this?

I wouldn't preorder it yet, I've seen a site where it's cheaper than £40 so I'll preorder it soon. Btw, there's no GM mode. Also, as HBK said this thread http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=506707 of WWF/WWE video games would be a better place to post since there is lots of info/screenshots/videos etc of the game there.Whats this site? Would be handy for others :) Yeah, sorry just thought this thread could focus on 09' :P

Wayne
14-09-2008, 08:28 PM
If I told you, there wouldn't be one left for me. :P

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 08:31 PM
If I told you, there wouldn't be one left for me. :PTell me? :( I'll probably cancel my order from play.com, oh yeah, rick rude be me? :D

Wayne
14-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Lmao, I'll pm you the site. :P

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Lmao, I'll pm you the site. :PWhy thankyou :) Does anybody have any more information on the game? perhaps a written review about it for other potential buyers??

Wayne
14-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll give a list of some stuff that I know is in the game.
* Alternate attires for 8 superstars.
* Road To Wrestlemania mode which is like real WWE television where you can be Triple H, CM Punk, The Undertaker, John Cena, Chris Jericho or Batista/Mysterio.
* 10 fresh legends.
* No general manager mode.
* Use custom music for XBOX360 & PS3.
* No online for PS2.
* Confirmed: Undertaker, John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, Finlay, Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, Chuck Palumbo, Jimmy Wang Yang, Candice Michelle, Mickie James & Cody Rhodes.
* Unlockable special arena to be announced.
* Wii has exclusive after match attacks such as attack with chair etc.
* HUGE roster.
* Create a finisher mode.
* Awesome graphics.
* Backstage Brawl mode.

Jordan:A
14-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Apparently there willl be inferno matches ::D Cant wait
Hopefully they put Hornswoggle in ;)

Click >>> http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862459p1.html

"1)In this game you should be able to throw weapons and do turnbuckle and ladder grapples threw tables.

2)Make the hell in a cell bigger and add weapons.

3)Take away the roll that the highflyers have and better weapon swinging motions with more impact and sound effects.

4)In a hardcore match you should be able to go to diffrent backstage areas with many things to break.

5)more blood.

6)ladders should be able to get set up againts the baracade so you can put them threw it.

7)more suits like kanes mask /mick foley should be one character with all the suits same with hogan.

8)more 6 man matches and 2on2on2 matches and have the elimination option like hardcore/elimination chamber/hell in a cell and have the first blood option like in wwf no mercy.

9)buried alive match should not have a casket and it should just be the dirt area with weaopons and you should have to bury them this match could be cool if you can climb the titon tron.

10)every one in the game be able to set people up on weopons like the conchairto and you shouldnt have to only use the chair on chair you should be able to mix it up like smash a chair over a guy in a garbage can.

11)ultimate control grapples should work on anything like the hell in a cell cage wall ladders in the corner the stage.

12)weapons on top rope like chairs kendo sticks bats stop signs.

13)jump onto people stuck in weapons like people with there leg in the steel chair.

14)parking lot brawl should be up to 6 players and have the elimination option and have cars that you can slam people on and smash them like in here comes the pain.

15)bring back bar brawl make it up to 6 players and add more pool tables to slam people threw.

16) be able to slam people on weapons and have the sound effects like in no mercy it is very fun and cool to do.

17)add ko feature and make it like in wwf no mercy have strike attacks and grapples that ko people.

18)top rope diving finishers off of ladders the cage the cell the titontron and the crowd area and also be able to do them threw any table if the opponent is laying on top of it.

19)bring back old weapons like shoping cart ,trash can lid,bats,bottles,stop signs,

20) be able to change wrestlers hair and facial hair because in wwe they change alot.

21)when a wrestler is down the ground attacks should look like they hurt more like in def jam fight for ny. "

Wayne
14-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah, inferno match should be great. :P

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 09:02 PM
This is great guys :) It's a real shame that there is no 24/7 mode now, people want to challenge for titles and basically play the game in a proper wwe roster with the superstars supplied on the game. Now you can only choose 4-6 superstars to do it with right? No 24/7 mode?

Heart Break Kid
14-09-2008, 09:04 PM
shame bout the 24/7 mode :(

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I dunno about 24/7 mode, since the Road To Wrestlemania mode is really in depth with the superstars you can choose. I saw a video and it looks just like it does watching RAW, pyros at the start, then it tells you where it's being filmed and at the end it has the copyright logo etc in the corner.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I dunno about 24/7 mode, since the Road To Wrestlemania mode is really in depth with the superstars you can choose. I saw a video and it looks just like it does watching RAW, pyros at the start, then it tells you where it's being filmed and at the end it has the copyright logo etc in the corner.Hmm.. I've just read about the whole game
source: http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=30

The WTW looks very good, I always play Batista in season modes anyway so I suppose' this will be a much better way of playing the game! I saw a video where one of the makers said there was over 30 hours of gameplay in 1 season of WTW so times that by the 4-6 players, thats entertainment, especially as each storyline will be different!

Think you could grab the link Wayne? :)

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:17 PM
The link of RTW?

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 09:18 PM
The link of RTW?Yeah, the video you saw :) would be pretty cool for new comers :D

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:19 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MYBlASnsD3A :P Btw, I forgot to mention, MVP is also in the game.

Brody
14-09-2008, 09:25 PM
its on my games to get list;)

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Nov 7th isn't long at all. Can't wait. :D

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 09:27 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MYBlASnsD3A :P Btw, I forgot to mention, MVP is also in the game.Ahh yeah!! I seen this, subscribed to it earlier :)

Brody
14-09-2008, 09:28 PM
indeed not long fifa09 though october 3rd is 1st on my list followed by this and call of duty:D

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Lol cool list Brody. :P I also subscribed to his videos excellent. He has quite a few. :D

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 09:36 PM
indeed not long fifa09 though october 3rd is 1st on my list followed by this and call of duty:DExactly the same for me haha!

Lol cool list Brody. :P I also subscribed to his videos excellent. He has quite a few. :DYep, loved watching them :) Shame they didn't split Batista and Rey up though :(

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah I know. :( They should put HBK in RTW mode. I can't wait to see who's confirmed tomorrow. Me & heart break kid have a bet on, I think it's MVP and he thinks it's Chuck Palumbo. :P You got any ideas?

newWORLDorder
14-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Tomorrows countdown, and the next few countdowns will be the RTW Superstars (Greggy from IGN (Smackdown guy) confirmed it.)

GM mode is out btw. Its 7 people for RTW/Story mode (6 single - 1 co-op)

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:43 PM
RTW superstars? So they're just confirming Mysterio, Batista, CM Punk etc in the countdown?

newWORLDorder
14-09-2008, 09:45 PM
yes, then they will go back to the random superstars every day.

Wayne
14-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Damn. :( Most people have already seen screenshots of the RTW superstars.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 09:48 PM
RTW superstars? So they're just confirming Mysterio, Batista, CM Punk etc in the countdown?What countdown is this? :o

newWORLDorder
14-09-2008, 09:50 PM
IGN.com daily countdown reveal thingy.

I know, but they are giving out videos of the stars, RTW intros, highlights and stats.

Normal Countdown resumes this week.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 09:53 PM
May there be more RTW superstars?

Misawa
14-09-2008, 09:54 PM
There is an interview on IGN that states that 8 wrestlers have alternate attires that are unlockable through Road to WrestleMania mode, as are new match types and a special arena. I like the idea of having a lot of things to unlock, gives another dynamic to the story mode.

newWORLDorder
14-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Special arena.. im sure they said arenas, but nvm. It will be something crap like SNME arena.. or the old Raw Smackdown arenas.

Misawa
14-09-2008, 09:58 PM
I hope not.

Wayne
14-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't mind old arenas, but me and heart break kid think it's probably Wrestlemania I arena.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't know about you guys but I'm really excited about the RTW mode lmao :S

Wayne
14-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Me too, it's gonna be like WWE programming, awesome.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Me too, it's gonna be like WWE programming, awesome.To top it off, raw tomorrow night, haha!

Misawa
14-09-2008, 10:09 PM
And specifically off-topic, TNA No Surrender tonight. *yawn* The fact that a "Ladder of Love" match is reason enough not to watch it.

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 10:19 PM
And specifically off-topic, TNA No Surrender tonight. *yawn* The fact that a "Ladder of Love" match is reason enough not to watch it.
Haha, it's still something to watch when you get bored I guess :)

Misawa
14-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Perhaps, but... what is there to watch during a Ladder of Love match? :S

Excellent2
14-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Perhaps, but... what is there to watch during a Ladder of Love match? :SThe love oozing from the ladder.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!