PDA

View Full Version : Knife Crime

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Do you or anyone you know own a knife? And if so, only if you want to tell the forum why?

Stephen08
14-09-2008, 10:06 PM
My mum has a whole draw of em and so does my gran, my dad, my uncle, my cousin and all that shizz

spareparts
14-09-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't have one but my brother hangs around with people who are pretty "rough" and get into fights so they probably carry a knife or something. I'd say it is pretty rough up the park here anyway, most kids get drunk and get into fights about one thing or another and all the police do is tell them to stop hanging around the shops and go sit in the park.

Leetzgirl
14-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I walked across the park earlier around 8:30 and it was dark as hell where we live, and trust, you cant ******* walk through it without fear.

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:12 PM
My mum has a whole draw of em and so does my gran, my dad, my uncle, my cousin and all that shizz

Im sorry, I should have put an age restriction warning on reading the thread incase the kids got in :)

And Leetzgirl do you carry one for protection in that park?

Leetzgirl
14-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Im sorry, I should have put an age restriction warning on reading the thread incase the kids got in :)

No, what the point? Many of these kids dont know how to use it? all they gonna do it stick it out. I learned to take knifes of people, but to be honest, i admit i probs get stabbed, but to be honest, i would face it like a man and call them cowards as they stab me :rolleyes:

Edit: it a whole different story if you got your girl with you, which she was tonight.

just fight them off till she runs off i suppose is what i do

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:21 PM
No, what the point? Many of these kids dont know how to use it? all they gonna do it stick it out. I learned to take knifes of people, but to be honest, i admit i probs get stabbed, but to be honest, i would face it like a man and call them cowards as they stab me :rolleyes:

Edit: it a whole different story if you got your girl with you, which she was tonight.

just fight them off till she runs off i suppose is what i do

Growing up in belfast I knew two people who done exactly that against thugs and both died, its not about being a man when you have your life there that will be lost over something so worthless as a thug. Im just curious as to what the problem is still like for people all over the country as I am writing a story on it for a new student newspaper im hopefully becoming a part of.

Brody
14-09-2008, 10:27 PM
knife crimes just a part of todays society really im pretty sure everyone knows someone who carrys a knife or has carried a knife unless u live in countryside or something.
ive carried a knife only for protection i just thought id rather go with it then without but now i know that aint right. your more likely to get stabbed if u carry a knife.

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Does that not make you feel a bit sad though to think some people expect knife crime to be a part of our society?

Leetzgirl
14-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Growing up in belfast I knew two people who done exactly that against thugs and both died, its not about being a man when you have your life there that will be lost over something so worthless as a thug. Im just curious as to what the problem is still like for people all over the country as I am writing a story on it for a new student newspaper im hopefully becoming a part of.

My mate sister friend nathan got mugged at the park the other day, he was punched and knocked out in the face where then they nicked his 300 pounds phone, this thug or w.e was about 6ft 5 and what i dont understand is, why get all in that trouble for a poxy phone?

4 blacks kids were trying to mug my brother, and they did, my dad found out and he got in his car and caught 2 of them, aswell the police found the other 2 down the roads.

You will get caught one day, but is it worth it?,

You stabbed someone, you get 4 years :rolleyes:
where abouts a hacker gets 55 years in jail instead which hasnt harmed anyone:rolleyes:

life screw'd

Misawa
14-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I have a penknife, but as a handy tool, rather than something to stab someone to death with.

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:35 PM
My mate sister friend nathan got mugged at the park the other day, he was punched and knocked out in the face where then they nicked his 300 pounds phone, this thug or w.e was about 6ft 5 and what i dont understand is, why get all in that trouble for a poxy phone?

4 blacks kids were trying to mug my brother, and they did, my dad found out and he got in his car and caught 2 of them, aswell the police found the other 2 down the roads.

You will get caught one day, but is it worth it?,

You stabbed someone, you get 4 years :rolleyes:
where abouts a hacker gets 55 years in jail instead which hasnt harmed anyone:rolleyes:

life screw'd

Thats why I dont believe any politician can ever do any good for our country, or any country in fact as they dont have the sufficient experience to deal with the problems of todays society. I feel sorry for anyone who feels like they must protect themselves with a knife/gun whatever because it must be a horrible feeling to know to protect your own life you must take another.

Brody
14-09-2008, 10:38 PM
if things carry on the future generations will be much worse its all about upbringing in the surroundings

Jord
14-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Everyone I know has a knife

Aka family and friends :)

Holofoil
14-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I own a knife, but that's not to say I carry it around... If I was confronted in a park at night by people with knives I'd just run like hell... What would be the point standing there calling them cowards?

Leetzgirl
Thats why I dont believe any politician can ever do any good for our country, or any country in fact as they dont have the sufficient experience to deal with the problems of todays society. I feel sorry for anyone who feels like they must protect themselves with a knife/gun whatever because it must be a horrible feeling to know to protect your own life you must take another.

It life, no offense but it just life.

we can chat about it, we can argue about it, we can fight about it, we can do something about it

but would it ever make a different on the impact of killings?

I learn to live it, we all gonna die somehow someday, maybe unlucky you missed 70 years of your life, but your good as deadd.

no offense guys, but i'm a kind of guy who dont cry over dead people, least i know that they resting in peace.

edit: i dont mean standing there lmao.

dirrty
i dont need a knife as i live in a decent neighbourhood.

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:44 PM
It life, no offense but it just life.

we can chat about it, we can argue about it, we can fight about it, we can do something about it

but would it ever make a different on the impact of killings?

I learn to live it, we all gonna die somehow someday, maybe unlucky you missed 70 years of your life, but your good as deadd.

no offense guys, but i'm a kind of guy who dont cry over dead people, least i know that they resting in peace.

No offence taken but thats a poor attitude to have, no offence :) Why does it have to be life? It certainly wasnt life in the 60's and no because mostly the teenage generation think its acceptable to not put in any effort in life but instead to inject fear, the rest of society is meant to sit back and take it?

They never sat back when dictators threatened our country, Society never let an outside threat break in but now because the threat is on the inside theres nothing that can be done? Jails are like travel lodge's and younger kids get a slap on the wrist and carted back off to their home where no lesson is learnt.

Leetzgirl
14-09-2008, 10:46 PM
No offence taken but thats a poor attitude to have, no offence :) Why does it have to be life? It certainly wasnt life in the 60's and no because mostly the teenage generation think its acceptable to not put in any effort in life but instead to inject fear, the rest of society is meant to sit back and take it?

They never sat back when dictators threatened our country, Society never let an outside threat break in but now because the threat is on the inside theres nothing that can be done? Jails are like travel lodge's and younger kids get a slap on the wrist and carted back off to their home where no lesson is learnt.

None taken either, but tell me, what do you want to be done?

give prison life to the stabbers? yeh, next thing we be having balls cut off for the hackers? :rolleyes:

Cypher-
14-09-2008, 10:51 PM
None taken either, but tell me, what do you want to be done?

give prison life to the stabbers? yeh, next thing we be having balls cut off for the hackers? :rolleyes:

Its a simple rule I would love to see brought in, when there is concrete proof that someone took the life of another on purpose, the rule should be a life for a life. I know people will say how can you distinguise between manslaughter and murder but the law knows when they have the culprits of stabbing's/shooting's in their hands and they dont act harshly enough. If it were me Id kick the stool out from them all personally and let them dangle.

tdi
14-09-2008, 11:20 PM
The only knife I carry is a retractable one which I use all the time at work, I never carry it on the streets or anything.

Bef
15-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Most the kids on my estate carry knives. It just seems the norm round here for the under 16s, they all seem to have one! Pretty pathetic!

Minstrels
15-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Funny that I found this thread. I was messing around with my mate in IT, had him in a headlock and shiz because the teacher was out and we got bored. We started going round the room, he trips over and a knife drops out of his pocket. Not like he would use it on me or out but I didn't think he'd carry one.

Stephen08
15-09-2008, 07:29 PM

Don't have to say sorry mate

drama
15-09-2008, 08:44 PM
i have a huge knife, but only for emergencies like if I need to make a sandwich and it's un-sliced bread or something

Dentafrice
15-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I carry a knife daily, I use it for work.

Here's my model:

http://www.shop4leatherman.co.uk/leatherman_e302_knives.jpg

And here's the utility knife I carry:

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00994838000

FlyingJesus
15-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I've got utility knives although not as snazzy as Caleb's :P but I don't carry them around with me ever. I figure if I got started on and pulled a knife, chances are it would get knocked out of my hand and used on me :\

Dentafrice
15-09-2008, 11:04 PM
LOL, I don't usually carry around a knife for "protection", as I work on a construction site daily, I have lots of work to do with the knife.

Cutting things open, cutting cords, strings, wires, crimping cables :P

And sharpening my all-important pencil :P

http://kitup.typepad.com/kitup/images/irwinpen66305sl.jpg

Smiddy
15-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Stanley knife, for work only & a Penknife, which I haven't used since I did Scouts :8

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!