View Full Version : Spurs n Villa

Minstrels
15-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Corluka... where do I start kiddo? Bottom of the league still... another loss... good move. Villa deserved the win however they didn't look too good either.

Jack.Lfc
15-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Lol, spent 70 mil in summer n bottom of league.

Jordie
15-09-2008, 09:23 PM
villa got the job done and could of been 3 or 4 up by half time but for a few great saves. spurs are just overated and arent bottom by being unlucky they looked flat and clueless tonight

Geraint
15-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Lol, spent 70 mil in summer n bottom of league.

And look how much they sold.

Spurs are ******. They had 4 strikers, sold 3 and brought in 1. They have 2 strikers and put a centre midfielder up front. They can't score goals so teams are attacking them and they can't hold out. They're going to struggle until January.

Minstrels
15-09-2008, 09:27 PM
BHAHAAH. I hate them yidos.

Andys
15-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Woo gaby scored?
He's on my fantasy team :D

James!
15-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Grr, Villa won :eusa_wall

VILE SCUM, GET OUT OF BRUM!

Geraint
15-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Woo gaby scored?
He's on my fantasy team :D

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Ashley Young scored (on my team), Nigel reo-coker scored and Bent scored.

Andys
15-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Ashley Young scored (on my team), Nigel reo-coker scored and Bent scored.
Aw that sucks.
I got reo-coker on the bench :P

Brody
15-09-2008, 09:33 PM
what was the score

Get down spurs!:D

Funya Chin
15-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Levy will stick with Juande because the team needs time to gel.

Geraint
15-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Aw that sucks.
I got reo-coker on the bench :P

Does **** all unless you have an injury or suspension.

Andys
15-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Does **** all unless you have an injury or suspension.
I know :'(
Why oh why didn't I bench Bentley for this match and put reo-coker on?

Geo23
16-09-2008, 08:26 AM
It was a great perforamcne from Villa.

Saw the game and spurs goal was a fluke.

Ramos is a good manager but already he is being called to be sacked.

Spurs need the new boys to gel. Pav wont score for a few games until he adjusts to the pace of them prem .

RareIce
16-09-2008, 10:01 AM
i thought it was a good game i watched it on setanta, there was a high tempo to it. Harewood missed a sitter tho.

JackBuddy
16-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Well I don't wanna make excuses but for the first two games we were playing with Bent as a lone striker... you can't expect much from that. Chelsea was OK, but last night was pathetic. Both goals shouldn't have been conceded and for that reason I'm still confident once the team gels together we'll do alright.

Btw Minstrels, was this the same Corluka you were so pissed off about when he left you?

Geo23
16-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Well I don't wanna make excuses but for the first two games we were playing with Bent as a lone striker... you can't expect much from that. Chelsea was OK, but last night was pathetic. Both goals shouldn't have been conceded and for that reason I'm still confident once the team gels together we'll do alright.

Btw Minstrels, was this the same Corluka you were so pissed off about when he left you?

Thats the right attiude.

You cant expect Pav to score yet . A Good 6 games to get used to the pace of the prem. He looked quite good last night when he had the ball .

Gomes looked alright to hes still adjusting aswell. But im not sure if he is to blame for that goal.

But soon enough you will need to win.

RareIce
16-09-2008, 03:19 PM

as a city fan i have nothing against corluka, he's a talented player no doubt about it. He put the shifts in for us, he didnt have a great debut last night but tbh he wasnt involved much. The thing with spurs is they have a young team like city does so they're gunna learn and get better but i dont reckon they will do anything special this season.

JackBuddy
16-09-2008, 03:29 PM
as a city fan i have nothing against corluka, he's a talented player no doubt about it. He put the shifts in for us, he didnt have a great debut last night but tbh he wasnt involved much. The thing with spurs is they have a young team like city does so they're gunna learn and get better but i dont reckon they will do anything special this season.
To be honest I think he got too much of the ball lol, everytime he had it he slowed the pase down/ gave it away. Got a feeling when Hutton is back Corluka will be favoured to Dawson as CB. Maybe it's just because he hasn't adapted to the team yet.

RareIce
16-09-2008, 03:32 PM
To be honest I think he got too much of the ball lol, everytime he had it he slowed the pase down/ gave it away. Got a feeling when Hutton is back Corluka will be favoured to Dawson as CB. Maybe it's just because he hasn't adapted to the team yet.

yes if i remember right he played CB for us a few times. But yes overall in my opinion he's a good player, just hope our replacement Zabaleta can be just as good for us.

sock
16-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Spurs have a goood team don't get me wrong, Bentley, Bent, Pavlo etc. but they can't play with each other tbh, also I think Spurs were lucky to sell Keane to Liverpool for 19M i fort he was only worth 10M tbh. Defoe, quality player now he left Spurs, Keane, crap since he left spurs, Berba, alrite since he left spurs.

RareIce
16-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Spurs have a goood team don't get me wrong, Bentley, Bent, Pavlo etc. but they can't play with each other tbh, also I think Spurs were lucky to sell Keane to Liverpool for 19M i fort he was only worth 10M tbh. Defoe, quality player now he left Spurs, Keane, crap since he left spurs, Berba, alrite since he left spurs.

thing is they need time to play together to be a TEAM not individuals

Flamedragon3
18-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I've never had anything against Corluka and I did like him. But for the first few games he played for us this season wern't very good and I think it was because of the upset of being at our club when he thought he was truly at Spurs.

I am a bit annoyed though that he said he was glad to be at a 'bigger and better club'. I know its because hes joining a new team and he needs the team to like him, I'm OK with him saying bigger, but saying better is just disrespectful to City. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he'll do good at Spurs once he knows everyone in the team and gets used to their style of play. By the way, Zabaleta seems to have a really good cross for a RB, helped Jo score his second with a cross aswell didn't he?

Geraint
18-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I've never had anything against Corluka and I did like him. But for the first few games he played for us this season wern't very good and I think it was because of the upset of being at our club when he thought he was truly at Spurs.

I am a bit annoyed though that he said he was glad to be at a 'bigger and better club'. I know its because hes joining a new team and he needs the team to like him, I'm OK with him saying bigger, but saying better is just disrespectful to City. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he'll do good at Spurs once he knows everyone in the team and gets used to their style of play. By the way, Zabaleta seems to have a really good cross for a RB, helped Jo score his second with a cross aswell didn't he?

He's not going to say "I joined a smaller and worse club", is he?

Flamedragon3
21-09-2008, 01:58 AM
He's not going to say "I joined a smaller and worse club", is he?
Could you be bothered to read everything that I said? Read the whole paragraph...

A good thing to say is "I am glad I have joined Spurs as they are a big club, and I can't wait to see how things go here" Instead of saying they're bigger. Makes it sounds like hes looking down on us as if he was too good for us, when infact we got rid of him for some other guy. :D

Browney
21-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Could you be bothered to read everything that I said? Read the whole paragraph...

A good thing to say is "I am glad I have joined Spurs as they are a big club, and I can't wait to see how things go here" Instead of saying they're bigger. Makes it sounds like hes looking down on us as if he was too good for us, when infact we got rid of him for some other guy. :D

I bet he just said it to get on the Spurs fans' goodside. I doubt he actually meant it but hes got to suck up to get in the good books.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!