PDA

View Full Version : Women sports players being paid the same as men?

Funya Chin
15-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Should they?

Covering all sports - I think not. Women's sports are generally not as publicised as men's sports and therefore less money is made from it so the football teams etc cannot afford to pay the players the same wages.

Andys
15-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Womens sports isn't as popular.
and as you sais less monies are availible, and the mens footballing wages are bad enough as it is!

Immenseman
15-09-2008, 09:45 PM
I don't get the same entertainment watching them, of course there is the big problem with the fact they don't recieve much in the way of advertising. That's only because there isn't enough general interest in watching womens sports as much as mens. I always find there isn't the competitive edge from past experience.

brandon
15-09-2008, 09:47 PM
It's about business and womens football is not a big one. Charlton got rid of there's and Doncaster Belles are struggling to stay afloat so they can't afford higher wages.

Callum.
15-09-2008, 10:08 PM
i find womans football is just boring. not to be sexist in any way, but they can just not compete in the way men do. it seems the touches seem unnatural

wolfsburg
16-09-2008, 12:52 AM
under risk of being flamed, women's sports aren't as interesting, except obv. beach volleyball.

Mrak-Face
16-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Simple. Women are genetically weaker than me.

We watch sports to see this strength being put to the test... and as men are stronger than women, it's obvious who we'll watch.

PaintYourTarget
16-09-2008, 01:01 AM
under risk of being flamed, women's sports aren't as interesting, except obv. beach volleyball.
Quoted for truth.

16-09-2008, 01:40 AM
They arent as popular, so less people buy tickets, so teams get less money, so players get less money
Simple Economics.

Zak
19-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Well I agree with all of the above.

Geraint
19-09-2008, 09:35 PM
In tennis, at Wimbledon, the women are paid exactly the same amount of money as the men, which isn't fair. Women can play a maximum of 3 sets and the men can play a maximum of 5 sets, which technically means that women are being paid more.

In football, the money is invested into the men's game so men will get paid more because woman's football isn't as popular and it's like that in most sports.

Virgin Mary
20-09-2008, 12:06 AM
They're all paid too much for being able to hit a ball around.

Jordy
20-09-2008, 12:47 AM
In tennis, at Wimbledon, the women are paid exactly the same amount of money as the men, which isn't fair. Women can play a maximum of 3 sets and the men can play a maximum of 5 sets, which technically means that women are being paid more.

In football, the money is invested into the men's game so men will get paid more because woman's football isn't as popular and it's like that in most sports.Yes but women aren't capable of playing 5 sets well to a good standard so it makes sense they do 3. Five is the men's 'Maximum' they could do, three is the women's maximum. However the advertisers get better deals with men as they're on the television longer (Two more sets) so perhaps your right.

JackBuddy
20-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't say it's sexist but there is a clear difference between the level of interest of watchthing sports-women and men. The only really sport I can think of where woman receive quite alot of attention would be tennis, but men still have the upper-hand in that case.

DieselShaq
16-10-2008, 09:55 AM
First of all, I must declare that none of the following is sexist.

Women sports just isn't as competitive, decreasing its level of entertainment. I find women sports quite unnatural, except perhaps in (beach) volleyball, 'cause I'm just too used to men doing the same thing in a more entertaining manner.

For example, in the NBA, you see guys like Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard dunking quite often in games. Dwight Howard recorded 267 dunks in a span of 82 regular season games last season, an average of 3.25 dunks per game. However, in the WNBA, there have only been two players who ever dunked: Lisa Leslie and Candace Parker. This shows that men are stronger than women, which in turn shows that men sports are more competitive and entertaining than women sports.

Also, women sports aren't publicised enough. If you think about it, how many women football matches are broadcasted on TV? How many fans actually watch the WNBA? I don't think any team would pay women the same as men are paid to do something which is a lot less popular and entertaining.

If a women team was to pay its players the same amount as a men team pays its players, the women team owner would be losing money constantly because of the low income and high expenditure. Just as 5,5 said, small amount of fans means low number of tickets sold, so the team doesn't make a lot of money to pay its players.

Loser
16-10-2008, 04:14 PM
With risk of being sexist. Women should stick to housework.

Bren
16-10-2008, 04:32 PM
With risk of being sexist. Women should stick to housework.
L0L +Rep

Ajthedragon
16-10-2008, 07:57 PM
They're all paid too much for being able to hit a ball around.

I backup this post.

Think of the Africans who could use that money! :(

Fehm
17-10-2008, 01:14 PM
lol they shudnt be paid the same cus its not as entertaining! Simple..

Loser
17-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I backup this post.

Think of the Africans who could use that money! :(

I think more should be done to save the fairies' wings.

RareIce
17-10-2008, 06:33 PM
womens football fastest growing sport in the Uk i understand, not as popular as men but for like mens tennis and womens tennis they shoild be paid the same.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!