PDA

View Full Version : How would you go around reporting this..

Moh
17-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Well someone is kinda blackmailing us.

I'm not going to tell you what with, but yea.

Someone is blackmailing us to change all our password forms to log there password entries or he *not telling you what he would do*.

So yea, he would be forcing us to break the data protection act.

So is there any way we can get around this? or are we screwed?

Niall!
17-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Police, blackmailing is a serious offence, whoever it is could go to prison.

Wiki says:

The maximum sentence under the terms of the Act is life imprisonment; this reflects the severity of the offense, which in turn, can consequently destroy a person's reputation, personal life and livelihood.

Decode
17-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Get his ip and report him to his ISP. Then he will have no internet so he can't do it any more.

Moh
17-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Police, blackmailing is a serious offence, whoever it is could go to prison.

Wiki says:

The maximum sentence under the terms of the Act is life imprisonment; this reflects the severity of the offense, which in turn, can consequently destroy a person's reputation, personal life and livelihood.
Even if hes a sad teenager?

Get his ip and report him to his ISP. Then he will have no internet so he can't do it any more.
Hardly any ISP's take notice of reports :l

Would paying someone to wipe is hard drive be quickest? xD

btw, we haven't done anything illegal or anything wrong, just when we changed servers, a file wasn't deleted :l

Niall!
17-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Even if hes a sad teenager?

Hardly any ISP's take notice of reports :l

Would paying someone to wipe is hard drive be quickest? xD

btw, we haven't done anything illegal or anything wrong, just when we changed servers, a file wasn't deleted :l

Just because he's a teenager doesn't mean the law doesn't apply.

Moh
17-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Just because he's a teenager doesn't mean the law doesn't apply.
Yea, but they dont take it as serious :l

RyanDOT
17-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Yea, but they dont take it as serious :l

Call Childline :P

Joking.

Erm, just tell the 'blackmailer' to get the '******' out!

Joe!
17-09-2008, 05:07 PM
What kind of file would you have put on a server for him to blackmail you? :eusa_eh:Even if you pay him I bet he wouldn't actually wipe his harddrive.

Excellent2
17-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Isn't there hackers around that can blow up computers or something? That'd work. So this file.. eh, it must be pretty bad if you're willing to spend money to pay a hacker right? :P

Moh
17-09-2008, 05:45 PM
What kind of file would you have put on a server for him to blackmail you? :eusa_eh:Even if you pay him I bet he wouldn't actually wipe his harddrive.
Depends on who you pay :P

Isn't there hackers around that can blow up computers or something? That'd work. So this file.. eh, it must be pretty bad if you're willing to spend money to pay a hacker right? :P
Well we don't want to loose our officialness and get blacklisted now do we xD

Well, its just our forum database :l
Which many of the md5's can be decrypted :l
Then on the database there's emails, dob's etc.. :l

Joe!
17-09-2008, 05:47 PM
You've already broken the data protection act then, as you kept the details longer than necessary by not deleting the database. Your screwed if you get the police involved, just pay the man if you truly trust him.

Moh
17-09-2008, 06:11 PM
You've already broken the data protection act then, as you kept the details longer than necessary by not deleting the database. Your screwed if you get the police involved, just pay the man if you truly trust him.
Pay him?
he wants us to log the users passwords..

Joe!
17-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh, I must've picked up somewhere along the line that money was involved, sorry about the confusion. I say ignore him. You'll be making things worse if you log users passwords, at least you can say it's an accident at the moment. Just make sure your users know about the situation and urge them to change there passwords on other websites if they use the same one.

Moh
17-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Sorry for double posting.

I just looked at the logs, and it wasn't that file he took, the file we uploaded gave a 500.

In our logs, it shows someone downloading a backup :l

Joe!
17-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Just be prepared to have a battle on your hands then. I'm not really sure what you can do in this situation, except pretend to log the user and passes of people and then just give him some fake list, made up of fake users that you have created.

L?KE
17-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Just be prepared to have a battle on your hands then. I'm not really sure what you can do in this situation, except pretend to log the user and passes of people and then just give him some fake list, made up of fake users that you have created.

Do that, and then block him entirely from any forms of communication.

It looks like there's nothing you can do. You can't get the police, and if you hire a hacker (who usually aren't trustworthy people) and it fails, you're in even more shiz.

Closel
18-09-2008, 01:51 PM
lmao ignore him trust m

Snex
18-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Why don't you just block him from any forms of contact? Then ignore any of his sad and immature threats, he'll more than likely do nothing anyway, I dunno who this person is?

Moh
18-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Why don't you just block him from any forms of contact? Then ignore any of his sad and immature threats, he'll more than likely do nothing anyway, I dunno who this person is?
Hes a sad kid who wants to try and take us down.

But anyways, I think we got someone to mess around with him :)

Leetzgirl
18-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Who is he?

I research on what he done and kick his *** myself

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!