PDA

View Full Version : what should i use to downlaod music for free ?

BowTies1
18-09-2008, 08:20 PM
limewire ??? or something else

Joe!
18-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Torrents.
Warez boards.

Recursion
18-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Torrents.
Warez boards.

Safest ways of obtaining music.

DrLacero
18-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Torrents and DC++ are the best and safest ways.

Joe!
18-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Meh, DC++ is good if you can find good servers :p
Used to use it a while back.

DrLacero
18-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Meh, DC++ is good if you can find good servers :p
Used to use it a while back.

True that, I used to have all my movies and TV shows shared so I could get into those high share servers, good times :P

Kevin
18-09-2008, 08:48 PM
If your downloading copyrighted material, you have to be very carful, because there are some hefty fines out there,
Make sure you NEVER share your copywrited files
Make sure you have PeerGuardian insalled.
(NOTE THEESE WILL NOT INSURE YOU NOT GETTING CAUGHT, BUT BRING DOWN THE PERCENTAGE)
Happy downloading! stay safe

-Kevin

Joe!
18-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I had a huge directory of music and videos shared on there once upon a time, when I could be bothered to use it :)

Agnostic Bear
19-09-2008, 09:34 AM
The safest way is an encrypted usenet connection. But that costs money every month but the amount of stuff you can download is stupid, they have well over 100tb of stuff on their servers.

James!
19-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I just use Limewire.

Agnostic Bear
19-09-2008, 09:37 AM
If your downloading copyrighted material, you have to be very carful, because there are some hefty fines out there,
Make sure you NEVER share your copywrited files
Make sure you have PeerGuardian insalled.
(NOTE THEESE WILL NOT INSURE YOU NOT GETTING CAUGHT, BUT BRING DOWN THE PERCENTAGE)
Happy downloading! stay safe

-Kevin

PeerGuardian is stupid, it doesn't provide any protection with torrents because of the way trackers work. All they have to do is connect to the tracker and they get a list of IP addresses sharing that thing without having to connect to your pc at all.

newWORLDorder
19-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I find if you search the album name and title followed by 'download blogspot'. You should find the album on someones Blogspot Blog. Works for me.

Kevin
20-09-2008, 04:07 PM
PeerGuardian is stupid, it doesn't provide any protection with torrents because of the way trackers work. All they have to do is connect to the tracker and they get a list of IP addresses sharing that thing without having to connect to your pc at all.

m, I diddent list it's compatibility issues with utorrent did i?
It's grand for LimeWire.

N!ck
20-09-2008, 04:18 PM

You may be listed on the tracker for that torrent, but there is no way of proving that you're transferring data relating to that torrent unless they can make a connection with your client.

Tintinnabulate
20-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Warez sites such as www.rapidlinks.co.uk :)

Jin
21-09-2008, 08:39 PM
this is a test message

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!