PDA

View Full Version : web Design community?

VistaBoy
19-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Okay i have been many time people have tryed to make a web Design forum and they have faild so i am going to try.

What makes this is diffrent from the other it will not be called a fail if it does not get going in the first two month as some times it can tack up to 6 months to get things going.

So i need the following input:

Ideas for a name:
What forum software: (mybb,vbulletin,IP.Board)
should it just be a forum or have a main site as well?

Do no reply to this topic is not have nothing good to say!

J0SH
19-09-2008, 03:40 AM
I'm sure loads of people here know plenty of decent forums and they could reffer you to. Trust me, if you made your own forum it would fail, because this would be your source of advertising and what stops people using this section of the forum?

VistaBoy
19-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Yea thank you i have been thinking ye i am not going to make one ill spend more time on my ticket system.

Can a mod close this topic!

Invent
19-09-2008, 11:10 AM
We cannot close topics for you.

Dentafrice
19-09-2008, 07:55 PM
First off.. it has been done before, and it failed.

Second off, why would someone like you, be able to succeed the people who actually know something about web-design and development?

Invent & Oli (Devode), Me, Jake, Matt, Josh (SayDev), what would make you different?

You can't speak correct grammar, which isn't going to improve the public eye on the site, and you probably don't know a lick about development, which just would make it look bad..

L?KE
19-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Agreed. A web development forum that is basically stemming off of this forum is doomed to failure.

Save yourself some money and time.

Invent
19-09-2008, 08:02 PM
If I had put more effort into Devode, I'm sure it would have succeeded, but sadly I didn't have enough time then nor now.

Dentafrice
19-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Agreed. A web development forum that is basically stemming off of this forum is doomed to failure.

Save yourself some money and time.

OpinionsFTW stemmed off of this forum.. and that didn't work out :P Maybe a month.

If I had put more effort into Devode, I'm sure it would have succeeded, but sadly I didn't have enough time then nor now.

I didn't mean it like it was a failure, I just mean it didn't work out :P

Excellent2
19-09-2008, 08:08 PM
It really wouldn't work unless you're some popular coding god in my opinion.

VistaBoy
19-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Yea thank you i have been thinking ye i am not going to make one ill spend more time on my ticket system.

Looks like people do not know how to read all the posts.

Dentafrice
19-09-2008, 11:17 PM
We really don't care if you're making one or not, you still had the idea to.. and we want to know the reasons.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!