PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys.

Leetzgirl
19-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Just a quick question,

I notice there was a rule change, which i think has been taken in place right now.
Although i'm not really sure so i thought of asking you guys here.

when you are banned, you cannot crate a account unless you wanted to be banned again on your clone, aswell a longer ban time on your account that was firstly banned?

Correct or no? :P

Plank
20-09-2008, 09:35 AM
nvrspk explains it here http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5083515&postcount=3

"You will know if you are temporary autobanned because it will be included in your ban reason on the account that gets banned."

"Basically, the temporary autoban will be a form of autoban where, after excessive rulebreaking you are no longer allowed to make a new account for X days."

Hey,

We are releasing a new moderation tool (well not a tool but basically a type of ban) to try and reduce the amount of serial rulebreakers, without having to resort directly to the autoban. Many users have asked for a sort of "Last chance" and we hope to provide this with the temporary autoban.

Big thanks to LiquiidAcid who originally suggested this concept, and thanks to the Management team for helping to shape the idea.

Basically, the temporary autoban will be a form of autoban where, after excessive rulebreaking you are no longer allowed to make a new account for X days. If you do return on an account, your temporary ban is extended (you basically start the period over.) So if I get temporary autobanned for two weeks, and a week later I decide to create an account anyway, my new account will be permed and I will start serving the ban over.

The point of this is to give users a "Cool off" period where they can think over what they've done and so that they can realize that they are very close to losing the privilege of using the forum.

The temporary autoban list will be managed primarily by the Moderation Manager but (A)GMs may also make additions to the list. You will know if you are temporary autobanned because it will be included in your ban reason on the account that gets banned. You are, of course, welcome to appeal your ban, or your temporary autoban via the support system, however you must not create new accounts to use on the forum.

We will of course make tweaks along the way to fine tune the system and we have to see if it works well, but we believe this system will actually be a benefit to users, giving a middle ground between the permanant ban and the autoban, and giving a sort of last "heads up".

Of course, in extreme cases we may still go directly to the autoban, however in cases like repeated bullying, trolling, or bans, we will more likely use temporary autoban (depending on the severity.)

Thanks!

Leetzgirl
20-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh, so it only for certain people that are banned, doesnt count to everyone?

Plank
20-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I think so, because temporary autobans are managed on a list where as normal bans are automatic depending on how many infractions you have.

nvrspk4
20-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Right, it will say in your ban reason if you're autobanned. You can create a new account if you're banned normally (but not if you're cautioned because that's avoiding the caution.) There SHOULD be a nice little message that we added (or Jin added on my request) at the bottom of all ban reasons.

tdi
22-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I just use my other account, I'm not creating another account.

nvrspk4
22-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I just use my other account, I'm not creating another account.

We should add a rule like:

Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

I blatantly plagiarised that btw, was looking at some other sets of rules earlier ;)

Anyway, although you're technically in the right, you would be banned as you're still avoiding your ban.

tdi
22-09-2008, 10:01 AM

I blatantly plagiarised that btw, was looking at some other sets of rules earlier ;)

Anyway, although you're technically in the right, you would be banned as you're still avoiding your ban.
lol..

i tend not to cause 'havoc' on my other account.. thereagain i don't on this account, i just voice my opinions and subsequently get infractioned for them.

GommeInc
22-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Is that from the list of websites I gave you with forum rules? :P

Lol nevermind, answered my own question :P http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=269302

* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate vBulletin community standards. The vBulletin team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
* Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.

vBulletins rules are good, would they mind if you stole them?

nvrspk4
23-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Is that from the list of websites I gave you with forum rules? :P

Lol nevermind, answered my own question :P http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=269302

vBulletins rules are good, would they mind if you stole them?

I don't think they would care that much, but we can't just use them like that because we have to make allowances for our Habbo relation.

GommeInc
23-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't think they would care that much, but we can't just use them like that because we have to make allowances for our Habbo relation.
There's not a huge difference between Habbo rules and General Rules. Unless you specifcally name one rule to be a Habbo one and another a General one. Could do what vB (I gave too many to remember) I think do, and have 1 list for general rules e.g. behaviour, content and accuracy in one list of rules under "General Rules," then another list which have something to do about Habbo, another list about graphics and another list about trading. You sort of have that now with Forum Rules which is the huge one which really does need a good clean up, then the Graphics one then the Trading one. It's look alot neater, the rules confuse me on here, they seem a bit to repetive and you surely must agree that some should be under other rules?

Steal them all :D

I like the vBulletin rule saying posting a forum language is pointless and against the rules, unless you put an english translation. Would be good to replace the current foreign language rule :)

nvrspk4
24-09-2008, 04:39 AM
It's look alot neater, the rules confuse me on here, they seem a bit to repetive and you surely must agree that some should be under other rules?

I've been considering redoing the rules for just as long as you have they are a bit too extensive.

I like the vBulletin rule saying posting a forum language is pointless and against the rules, unless you put an english translation. Would be good to replace the current foreign language rule :)

The dfference is vB has a worldwide customer base whereas we don't really cater to a non English audience, therefore we really don't need to allow foreign languages beyond common expressions at all :P

J0SH
24-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Correct, while you're banned you aren't allowed to create another account to post on while you're on a probation from your other account, otherwise that defeats the whole purpose of this rule, this way you will learn from your punishment and not get banned again. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!