PDA

View Full Version : Is there a law about this?

ToxicPaddy
20-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi
Is there a law which says under 16's or 18's have to be indoors by a certain time at night?

I'm asking because my sister aged 13, was out last night and wouldn't come home. So me and my step dad went out in the car looking for her at 11pm. I got a phone call from my friend saying we better get to *certain location* quickly, because she was on the floor screaming and being sick cause she was so drunk. And she's a diabetic which added to the worry. We got there, to find lots of public and police holding her upright because she could barely walk. Anyway end of the story was she got in the car screaming, fell over when she got home, got huge lump on her head, called ambulance (lump on head+drunk+diabetic=not good) and they said she was fine because she was calling them ***** (rhymes with shunts) saying that hospital was full of 'aids, tramps and ****'.

With the hangover she had this morning, I doubt VERY much that she will do that again any time soon :)

Hiro
20-09-2008, 02:21 PM
No, there isn't.

cocaine
20-09-2008, 02:22 PM
and shes only 13.. what the ****.

TidgyPie
20-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I would be more worried about the underage drinking law.

ToxicPaddy
20-09-2008, 03:30 PM
and shes only 13.. what the ****.
exactly what I thought.

I would be more worried about the underage drinking law.
thats a good point, but if there was police there last night and they didnt do anything except hold her up from falling over, what can they do?

Blue.Neon
20-09-2008, 03:32 PM
No there isnt a law for it o.O

Yoshimitsui
20-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Not unless a specific person gets a curfew! But im sure that somewhere they where trying to impliment it.

Corporal
20-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Not unless she gets a ABC or ASBO.

Hitman
20-09-2008, 05:47 PM
exactly what I thought.

thats a good point, but if there was police there last night and they didnt do anything except hold her up from falling over, what can they do?

Arrest her for being drunk and disorderly?

cocaine
20-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Arrest her for being drunk and disorderly?

not to mention public nuisance or disturbing the peace (although i think the latter would be a bit extreme)

Corporal
20-09-2008, 06:20 PM
not to mention public nuisance or disturbing the peace (although i think the latter would be a bit extreme)
Even the last point is exetreme, as from his side of the storey she hasnt broke the peace.

20-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Theres a law in the US where minors have a curfew of i think 11.

omfl
20-09-2008, 06:32 PM
there is over ere in my country but err we dont usually listen to em. its nt like they wld arrest us or anything. theyd prolly ask us for our ids and thats bout it

Tbh.
20-09-2008, 07:10 PM
your sister is an idiot and your dad should do more to control her

just my opinion

Ashhizzle
20-09-2008, 09:54 PM
with the guy above.

:) lack of control??

Fez
20-09-2008, 10:26 PM
There's a trial curfew going on down south somewhere, but that's failing as far as I know.

ToxicPaddy
20-09-2008, 10:29 PM
your sister is an idiot and your dad should do more to control her

just my opinion

Lol I agree but it isn't her dad its her step dad (she made that very clear with all the insults being shouted from her last night :rolleyes:)

Thanks for all your help :)

Shawnstra
20-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Well there is in Singapore, its after 10pm I guess, none in UK though. One of the many weird rules we have. :P Tbh though you should have a good talk with your sister. Or get your parents.

omfl
20-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Well there is in Singapore, its after 10pm I guess, none in UK though. One of the many weird rules we have. :P Tbh though you should have a good talk with your sister. Or get your parents.

yer but isnt it 11pm? idc for the rules anyway.
they usuallyl askfor id if they see us so its no biggy

Crimson
21-09-2008, 08:08 AM
lolll! I wish I could have been there.. It sounded really funny.

Well, she could have got arrested for underage drinking in a public place?

mike475
23-09-2008, 10:22 PM
lol sounds like she had a night to remember.
and i dont think so, i've had police pass me at 2am, 5am, and nothing, except this time at 4am but i was sleeping in town.

Leetzgirl
23-09-2008, 10:24 PM
dont let her out anymore

it gets worst when yoiur chased -.-

Joe!
24-09-2008, 10:36 PM
LOL a law for it, funny thought.
Was this at radnor park btw? There's always little girls drinking there. Or down the coastal park, either one. Your bound to find a drunk teen at one of them places.

ToxicPaddy
24-09-2008, 11:53 PM
LOL a law for it, funny thought.
Was this at radnor park btw? There's always little girls drinking there. Or down the coastal park, either one. Your bound to find a drunk teen at one of them places.

Nah not radnor park, it was on a road something like rainbow bridge road, its near dover road. Next to the ragland pub or something.. When we went looking, we went past radnor and there was surprisingly no one there.

Slowpoke
25-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Not at all - It's quite interesting actually because I was with two mates the Friday before last at about 2am and a policeman asked us what we were doing out at that time and we were just sort of like "what's it to you, there's no curfew" and I think because we replied like that he started going on about us causing trouble. It seems that they do like to abuse their power wherever possible and I hate it when they become really over-confrontational for no apparent reason - We weren't actually doing anything wrong until he disturbed us.

I'm pretty sure that there are places in the world which have curfews and I know for a fact that a few states in the USA have them. Also, if I'm not mistaken, curfews have been trialled in various locations around the UK but they were scrapped pretty quickly. Iceland have very strict curfews (taken from Wikipedia):

Children aged 12 and under may not be outdoors after 20:00 unless accompanied by an adult. Children aged 13 to 16 may not be outdoors after 22:00, unless on their way home from a recognized event organized by a school, sports organization or youth club. During the period 1 May to 1 September, children may be outdoors for two hours longer.

Children and teenagers that break curfew are taken to local police station and police officers inform their parents to get them. The age limits stated here shall be based upon year of birth, not date of birth.I'd hate to live there to be honest - Going out with mates at a weekend is part of growing up and those times are pretty tight.

ToxicPaddy
25-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Those times are really strict! But thats not the only reason I wouldn't want to live in iceland, its way too cold and most of it is just snow lol. Thanks for your reply, I would give +rep but I can't seeing as I gave it to you earlier with the pizza hut idea :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!