PDA

View Full Version : "What are you working on?" discussion

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Well as many of you have noticed the “What are you working on? (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=263316)” thread has been closed.
This is unfair what else are you meant to say If your working of fishing then your going say your working on fishing even if you have said it before because your still working on fishing.
Lets discuss this like mature adults with mod opinions as well and come to a solution.

Moved by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): From Runescape. This thread seems better here.

Closed by Professor-Alex (Moderation Manager): Closed due to pointless posting

Heart Break Kid
20-09-2008, 05:38 PM
this is not unfair

the reason why it was closed it simply because people used it purely to gain post count status as i told you though PM

if people didnt say the same thing every day
(sometimes twice a day)
it wouldnt be closed

and you wouldnt need to post again if your still working on the same thing!

Imnotpure
20-09-2008, 05:39 PM
yes it should be!

Heart Break Kid
20-09-2008, 05:40 PM
and no it shouldnt be re opened!

Yoshimitsui
20-09-2008, 05:43 PM
To be honest it was pointless in the first place. Your working on something god knows what and you post it in the thread! What sort of answer do you expect to get apart from a 'KL' 'yeah me 2'? And despite that, i may sound rude, but whos botherd? What can you possibly talk about from two or three numbers with a gamey made up word. It's like having a Habbo thread and you post everytime you collect your ducks or something.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 05:45 PM
this is not unfair

the reason why it was closed it simply because people used it purely to gain post count status as i told you though PM

if people didnt say the same thing every day
(sometimes twice a day)
it wouldnt be closed

and you wouldnt need to post again if your still working on the same thing!
Yeh that can be a rule..your only allowed to post once a day or twice

yes it should be!
YEHHHH!!!

and no it shouldnt be re opened!
Well ill respect all oppinions and if you get -rep its not from me :eusa_shif

And i forgot to show names know i dont know who voted for yes and who voted for no :'(

To be honest it was pointless in the first place. Your working on something god knows what and you post it in the thread! What sort of answer do you expect to get apart from a 'KL' 'yeah me 2'? And despite that, i may sound rude, but whos botherd? What can you possibly talk about from two or three numbers with a gamey made up word. It's like having a Habbo thread and you post everytime you collect your ducks or something.
Yeh thats a valid point

Heart Break Kid
20-09-2008, 05:46 PM
well whoever does -rep me will be punished hopefully as i have to agree with yoshi that thread was pointless from the minuite it was made

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 05:48 PM
well whoever does -rep me will be punished hopefully as i have to agree with yoshi that thread was pointless from the minuite it was made
Was only joking...No one will -rep that will be stupid.
And i spelled again wrong :'(

lAscend
20-09-2008, 05:49 PM
As Heart break kid said

The main reason why it was closed is because members of the forum were spamming in the thread, yet they failed to notice the announcement that was posted in the gaming parent forum not to post for the sake of your post count, but you have contiued to do so, so this action has been taken fairly.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 05:51 PM
As Heart break kid said

The main reason why it was closed is because members of the forum were spamming in the thread, yet they failed to notice the announcement that was posted in the gaming parent forum not to post for the sake of your post count, but you have contiued to do so, so this action has been taken fairly.
Well i dont visit that part so i didnt know

Heart Break Kid
20-09-2008, 05:53 PM
u dont have to go on that part
it was on the top of the RS section

lAscend
20-09-2008, 05:54 PM
;5118203']Well i dont visit that part so i didnt know

Nope but its visable in all the forums in the parent forum ;)

Edited: actually its only in the Runescape forum, so you should have noticed this

nvrspk4
20-09-2008, 06:09 PM
The thread itself is pointless, there's really no reason for it to be open ;)

JackBuddy
20-09-2008, 06:18 PM
If that thread is pointless then why aren't the forum games ones then?

or the 'what did you last listen to?' 'what are you wearing?' 'what film did you last watch?' threads?

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 06:24 PM
If that thread is pointless then why aren't the forum games ones then?

or the 'what did you last listen to?' 'what are you wearing?' 'what film did you last watch?' threads?
^^^^ I dont see them being closed...

The Professor
20-09-2008, 06:31 PM

Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself. At least the other stuck threads at the top, when used properly, have some sort of purpose and interest. That one was just postcount city and even then people felt the need to spam with it and take advantage of it even more. I very much doubt it will be re-opened in the near future.

Arch
20-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Agree'd were just being hated on cuz we play a little game i like the call r00nskep.

also this should be moved to rs forums because most people who post in the rs section only post in the rs section.

Also if your talking about getting post count up look at the forum games section, and as JackBuddy said all those other ones.

My vote is to have it back, or to remove all the other ones in every other section.

EDIT: when i said "Agree'd" i was talking bout Jay and JackBuddy, Prof Alex didnt post yet.

JackBuddy
20-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself. At least the other stuck threads at the top, when used properly, have some sort of purpose and interest. That one was just postcount city and even then people felt the need to spam with it and take advantage of it even more. I very much doubt it will be re-opened in the near future.
read my above post

and why do you allow this?

http://www.habboxforum.com/search.php?searchid=3270994&pp=25&page=4

Just look at the post count, join date and the forum sections he is posting in... postcount city?

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Also i agree with arch this is rs related not feedback. Should be moved back to the rs section...

Arch
20-09-2008, 06:36 PM
yepp also you moved jays other post... which no one will see because we only look at the rs section...

The Professor
20-09-2008, 06:41 PM
The thread is feedback. If it was in the RS section nothing would be done about it anyway because management read this section, not the rs section, for feedback ;)

@Arch: The forum games section is there for people to kill time by doing something that requires a bit of thought and might produce a laugh or two. Posting "slaying" over and over again is neither thinking nor amusing (or even remotely interesting) and doesn't have any other point orhter than the raising of post counts.

JackBuddy
20-09-2008, 06:43 PM
The thread is feedback. If it was in the RS section nothing would be done about it anyway because management read this section, not the rs section, for feedback ;)

@Arch: The forum games section is there for people to kill time by doing something that requires a bit of thought and might produce a laugh or two. Posting "slaying" over and over again is neither thinking nor amusing (or even remotely interesting) and doesn't have any other point orhter than the raising of post counts.
do you honestly think that people use the forum games section for fun? or did 61,000 people post what they are listening to or wearing because they think people really are bothered?

I'm not denying that there was spam going on but there are so many more similar threads which are just as bad.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Well how you gona get your feedback if no one reads it? And your so narrow minded about it that it will not be consider to be open again. Thats why i created this thread a disccusion about reopening the thread and improving it. Leave it on the rs section for a few days then you can move it here.

Arch
20-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Yepp or atleast give the link so we know where to find it, how would i know where feedback was anyways...

Also JackBuddy said it all, if Forum games was like the Spam section and didn't rasie your posts , i bet atleast 3/4s of the people would stop posting if not less.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 06:50 PM
^
and also this is not just about the thread this is about the members of habboxforum who use the rs section. The minority, the outsiders. We are mistreated by the majority. Changes are made to our forum without question, no one cares about us. For the those who use the habbo section you make games for them and give them prizes but not for those who play rs nooo they don’t get nothing because the are the outsiders. This is unfair and many more will agree with me.
You are taking away our freedom bit by bit :'(

Arch
20-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Yepp, and another thing you got rid of the Post your Alts thread, don't think we didn't notice that.

I don't see you remove the Habbo Alts or Elites thread.

EDIT: Also to add to this the "what are you listening to" thread should be removed seeing as Samsabear and PaulMacc(no offece to either of you, just using you as an example) have posted more then once today in that Section. http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=23506&page=6135

I believe that calls for it to be removed.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Yepp, and another thing you got rid of the Post your Alts thread, don't think we didn't notice that.

I don't see you remove the Habbo Alts or Elites thread.
Exactly this is what i am tallking about...you dont care about the rs section

Arch
20-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Once again almost all the "what are you" threads have people posting Multiple times a day.

Why have no Mods posted? Is it because we have you beat? Return the thread you know were right.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Once again almost all the "what are you" threads have people posting Multiple times a day.

Why have no Mods posted? Is it because we have you beat? Return the thread you know were right.
Exactly see they know we right but they wont admit it.

Arch
20-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Yepp... Sad that they will prob lock this, move it, or it will just die because we will also eventually stop posting since the mods don't care.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Yepp... Sad that they will prob lock this, move it, or it will just die because we will also eventually stop posting since the mods don't care.
Yeh thats what always happens

Arch
20-09-2008, 07:27 PM
The lack of Moderation is shocking.

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Omg this aint a very good feedback section more mods posted when it was in the rs section pftttt

Arch
20-09-2008, 07:51 PM
We are being Ignored because we are right... Funny how they post on the other threads in this Section but not ours :(

[Jay]
20-09-2008, 08:01 PM
We are being Ignored because we are right... Funny how they post on the other threads in this Section but not ours :(
Pure rs-ism

Arch
20-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Yepp im taking this up with JaGex

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!