PDA

View Full Version : V.I.P get to delete threads also

Icemaniceice
21-09-2008, 11:42 PM
It would be cool if V.I.P members got to delete threads because we can already close threads, now the reason why i want this is because if someone posted something so bad then a person could easily delete it without a mods assistance (no offence just saying it would be handy less work for them to do :D) and also if there was a thread that turned into a fight, delete. :D

PaulMacC
21-09-2008, 11:44 PM
It could be abused though, just say there was a stickied thread and someone got pee'd off or their account got siezed, i dont like it sorry.

marriott0.01
21-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Tbh mods never delete threads they move them, so the delete power is completely useless especially to VIP

GommeInc
22-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Perhaps trashed rather than deleted. But I think I understand what you mean. Sounds good, but not sure of a situation where it is needed. Would mean less work for moderators I guess. But you have to think, would it be abused?

Invent
22-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Seeing as mods can't delete threads and admins don't, I don't see this becoming a new VIP feature ;)

Pyroka
22-09-2008, 12:03 AM
I think instead of deleting threads, they should have the option to edit their own posts whenever they like. Take the time limit off editing posts for VIPs only. or VVIPs seeing as it'd be a kickass feature.

Icemaniceice
22-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Seeing as mods can't delete threads and admins don't, I don't see this becoming a new VIP feature ;)

Oh did not know that i was just assuming that you could. Well because of that it would be a little unfair.

tdi
22-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't see why there's a time limit anyway, it does nothing.. it's just stupid and pointless.

nvrspk4
22-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't see why there's a time limit anyway, it does nothing.. it's just stupid and pointless.

It stops "edit wars" between mods and members where members would continually edit moderator edits. Its less of a problem now that we do have edit logs and we can preserve the actual evidence but still, people were going back and editing things they said long long ago.

DrLacero
22-09-2008, 06:33 AM
It stops "edit wars" between mods and members where members would continually edit moderator edits. Its less of a problem now that we do have edit logs and we can preserve the actual evidence but still, people were going back and editing things they said long long ago.

I use many forums and Habbox is the only one that doesn't have unlimited edits which can be quite annoying, perhaps make it so once you click edit you have unlimited time, I'm constantly editing and run over the time while the box is open to edit.

tdi
22-09-2008, 10:00 AM
there should be a limit like 'edit is not allowed after x days of the thread being active' - it would be useful for update threads and the like where you could put in the title 'update on 01/01/2008' etc

nvrspk4
23-09-2008, 01:27 AM
there should be a limit like 'edit is not allowed after x days of the thread being active' - it would be useful for update threads and the like where you could put in the title 'update on 01/01/2008' etc

Well you can always PM a Super Mod or a Mod who will be happy to do it for you ;) Plus, I may be wrong but I don't think the edit system works that way. Actually I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I haven't looked at editing options on the new VB.

Tintinnabulate
24-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I think instead of deleting threads, they should have the option to edit their own posts whenever they like. Take the time limit off editing posts for VIPs only. or VVIPs seeing as it'd be a kickass feature.

Not possible to do it for VIP's or VIP+ only, unless they start editing vB codes or fidn a modification which allows this.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!