PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 - Screenshots

---MAD---
22-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I believe these screenshots are leaked (or well they would be posted on official Windows blogs) but anyway:

http://www.thinknext.net/archives/2268

Some interesting screenshots there. I like the new calculator, thats for sure. The current one is complete crap. I also like the use of ribbons (although most people knew this was coming).

Enjoy!

Tintinnabulate
22-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Ribbons? Heh.
Doesnt look that much different than Vista.

Pyroka
22-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Nice, I think they've improved the GUI quite nicely. However its how it runs which matters the most, and whether they've increased boot time and whatever else they tried to achieve.

---MAD---
22-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Nice, I think they've improved the GUI quite nicely. However its how it runs which matters the most, and whether they've increased boot time and whatever else they tried to achieve.
I am pretty sure that will improve too as they have spent a huge amount of resources improving boot time etc.

If you are really interested in how they are engineering Windows 7, you can always read the official Windows 7 blog here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/default.aspx

GUI wise, don't expect too many changes. Windows 7 is basically meant to build upon Windows Vista (similar to how windows 95, 2000, ME etc where all the same GUI wise).

Pyroka
22-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I think that's the best way to go too. Users would just be getting familiar with the Vista GUI so it'd be a stupid move to change the GUI yet again, in such a drastic way. The only do it for like BIG updates, and Windows 7 is just one of those... things, like an upgrade but not a fully fledged new OS.

I heard that they were trying to reduce the boot time to like 15 seconds, and they achieved it? It might've been less, but what would the specs be on that computer, thats what makes me wonder about what they say they've done. For a normal home/office user, their computers aren't high-end so they might be a pile of crap when they load Windows 7. It's something to consider, aint it.

Hope they've improved the compatibility and ease of installation for drivers, god it's a pain in the ass for Vista.

Hayd93
22-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Hmm i have to admit its a improvement but i will be still sticking to mac. Will also be intresting to see what apple's responce to this is with there snow leopard.

Pyroka
22-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Not to turn this into a Mac hating thread, but Snow Leopard seems a bit of a joke compared to Windows 7. I remember hearing a few details and my thoughts on them were like, "What? Thats dumb!" but I can't remember what they were. Dya mind posting some features of Snow Leopard for us Microsoft boys & gals?

Hazza
22-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Looks like Vista to be honest.

Pyroka
22-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Thats what they were aiming to achieve, it's a backend update which will improve the OS quite alot. They didn't want to reinvent the wheel like they did with 95, XP & Vista.

---MAD---
22-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I think that's the best way to go too. Users would just be getting familiar with the Vista GUI so it'd be a stupid move to change the GUI yet again, in such a drastic way. The only do it for like BIG updates, and Windows 7 is just one of those... things, like an upgrade but not a fully fledged new OS.

I heard that they were trying to reduce the boot time to like 15 seconds, and they achieved it? It might've been less, but what would the specs be on that computer, thats what makes me wonder about what they say they've done. For a normal home/office user, their computers aren't high-end so they might be a pile of crap when they load Windows 7. It's something to consider, aint it.

Hope they've improved the compatibility and ease of installation for drivers, god it's a pain in the ass for Vista.
Developers have to test programs on multiple specs. Microsoft is not that stupid :P. If you look at their engineering blog, you will see, out of all the computers that have opted in, how long each takes to load.

Looks like Vista to be honest.
Indeed, but that's the point.

marriott0.01
22-09-2008, 03:50 PM
It might wanna look like Vista but it's too square :(

---MAD---
22-09-2008, 07:05 PM
It might wanna look like Vista but it's too square :(
I don't understand what you mean? I don't think the curves have been altered.

Pyroka
22-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I think it's because he likes Mac and Mac are like WEEEEEE CURVESSSSSSSSSS.

Zak
22-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Doesnt look that much different than Vista.

Yep and I hate Vista

---MAD---
22-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Yep and I hate Vista
Why's that (if you don't mind explaining)?

Agnostic Bear
22-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Why's that (if you don't mind explaining)?
I'd put money on it that's it one of these reasons:

He doesn't have a powerful enough PC to run it (they're really not hard to come by)
He uses Mac and is a die-hard fan who loves having circlejerks with other Mac users regularly.
He's never tried it.

Flisker
22-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Id say the 3rd option tbh xD

and I can't wait for Windows 7 but I bet it's gonna cost an arm and a leg.

xxMATTGxx
22-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Looks nice, might have to buy a nice small machine with it on when released to run along side of my mac. (Yes im not one of them hardcore mac users :P)

Jamesy
22-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Looks nice, might have to buy a nice small machine with it on when released to run along side of my mac. (Yes im not one of them hardcore mac users :P)

ZOMG HE WILL USE BOTH?!

*mindrape*

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!