PDA

View Full Version : VIP Editors

J0SH
26-09-2008, 03:01 PM
N!ck is getting an overload of requests and it's taking ages to get them done, I believe I've been waiting 3 days possibly more just for a usertitle, how about re-hiring Wayne as he is back active on the forums and he done an amazing job before and I'm sure he wouldn't mind as he wanted to build his way up the staff ladder again. :P

IceNineKills
26-09-2008, 03:02 PM
o noes not ur uzertitle!

Hazza
26-09-2008, 03:04 PM
We defo need a new VIP editor. Nick- does a great job but I just don't think he has enough time anymore (I'm unsure). It is extremely annoying when it takes up to 3 days just for a usertitle being done. Also, we are paying for these features and although it might just be a usertitle, you still are being charged for that as a service.

GommeInc
26-09-2008, 03:05 PM
This always seems to be suggested. Not sure what the excuse is for not having more than one. As far as I can see (not sure about others), if you're paying for these services you should get changes done within a day of requesting it. Otherwise you've wasted a few days of paying for features you can't have. Nick does a good job, but with being the Rep Editor aswell, he shouldn't be the only one.

J0SH
26-09-2008, 03:06 PM
o noes not ur uzertitle!

That's not the point in this thread.. It's name changes and stuff too, atleast I can afford VIP mate. :)

Wayne
26-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't mind helping out tbh.

Hazza
26-09-2008, 03:09 PM
There's your man for the job. Nvrspk4!!

Wayne
26-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Lol, calm down. :P

J0SH
26-09-2008, 03:11 PM

You done a good job, I think it took a day max? :D

brandon
I think the reason there isn't more is because people would get in each others way if you like. I'd happily do it though if the oppurtunity came.

Hazza
Lol, calm down. :P
Haha, it was a sarcastic "!!" :P

Wayne
26-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Lol, something like that. ;)

J0SH
26-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Brandon you're Super Custardnator, that's all you'll ever be. :(

Wayne
26-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Don't try and steal my job brandon thx.

GommeInc
26-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I think the reason there isn't more is because people would get in each others way if you like. I'd happily do it though if the oppurtunity came.
That is impossible to do on a forum :S

If there are two, they both should have brains to figure out that if person A wants their name changed to 123person, VIP A will change it and if VIP B sees the notice about someone wanting a change, then he'll realise it's already been done and won't make the changes.

How do changes go about anyway? Is it like a form which sends an email (or equivilent), a thread or a PM? In a thread, Editor A could do odd numbers and Editor B could do even numbers, and any conflicts where posts have been edited will be easily recognised by the edits already been done.

Or is that easier said than done? :P

J0SH
26-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Well if you're on AdminCP you can just search for user and then edit their usertitle like that and just paste the code in, takes around a minute max so if they had around 1-3 people it would all get done as obviously Nick may be in a different time zone and busy in real life and such. I think joshuar stopped doing it due to being busy also. :(

Wayne
26-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Josh is right above about how VIP usertitles are edited.

GommeInc
26-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Well if you're on AdminCP you can just search for user and then edit their usertitle like that and just paste the code in, takes around a minute max so if they had around 1-3 people it would all get done as obviously Nick may be in a different time zone and busy in real life and such. I think joshuar stopped doing it due to being busy also. :(
Sounds easy for more than 1 editor, you can't get confused with that or in the way of other editors, it'll just be pasting the same code in if anything!

I'll be frustrated having to wait ages to have these changes done. Nick-'s good when it comes to it, but he has a life and another editor would make it less hassle for him and faster for VIPs making it worth their money. Win - Win situation really :D Just means finding another person to do it

A4AOwen
26-09-2008, 03:25 PM
There definitely need's to be atleast two people dealing with VIP's.

J0SH
26-09-2008, 03:29 PM
There definitely need's to be atleast two people dealing with VIP's.

/Thread basically. ;) Plus, Wayne has proved he can be trusted with doing it because he done it for a good 5 months+ before he resigned. :P

Mint
26-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Last time I made a thread about this, friendly and everything, Nick had a stress at me and even -repped me, so with him having like a 15 rep power and me asking for my 15 rep points I probally ended up with the same rep points anyway lol. Nice to see that the people involved in this thread seem to support the idea, when I said it I had the people that didn't support the situation posting and it just kind of killed the whole idea. I stand 100% with this idea. But who would do it? Dare I say ---MAD--- :O :P

IceNineKills
26-09-2008, 03:52 PM
That's not the point in this thread.. It's name changes and stuff too, atleast I can afford VIP mate. :)

I can afford it aswell but I'm not bothered about what colour my name is, my usertitle or who repped me.

J0SH
26-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I can afford it aswell but I'm not bothered about what colour my name is, my usertitle or who repped me.

Neither am I, it's just a little donation to Habbox and I also get some features for it. :)

Mint
26-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm sure you would buy VIP if you could afford it. It's like poorer people hating rich people when they see them driving around in there nice cars but as soon as they win the lottery or get there hands on a load of money, what do they go and do? :rolleyes:

AgnesIO
26-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Im sorry i SHOULD do it.

However I could do it..

I sell about 9 months of VIP per month to users, so i can be trusted..

Anyways,

We do ned more editors, but i talked to nvr i think it was a few months ago, and only admins get given this opportunity.

Favourtism
26-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I do think there should be more than one vip editor and I like Wayne but I am pretty sure if you want to return asfter resignation you go one job down e.g. Admin returns as Smod. That would mean a current Super Mod/Admin/AGM might be able to help.

I dont know if that is set in stone though but I definately agree that there needs to be another one. Nick- is amazing, from past experience with him, but could do with some help getting through all the requests.

Nereo
26-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm sure you would buy VIP if you could afford it.

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever seen you say.

I can afford it easily, but I dont because I dont think its worth it. So your little theory of "if you had the money you would buy it" is just moronic.

On topic, I think there should be two VIP dudes.

CHA!NGANG
26-09-2008, 04:26 PM
It's been tried in the past, and they just got in each other's ways and it had more problems then it was worth so I don't think it would be better in the long run. I think it should just stick as one personally, and I think Nick- does a great job. I'm sure 3 days won't kill anyone :P

Hayd93
26-09-2008, 04:27 PM
I really think the desision should lie with nick. If he feels he needs help then yep thete should be anoter. if not then its is own choice.

I am sure 3 days aint gonna kill you.

Hazza
26-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Its extremely annoying. If you want a name change and you have to wait 3 days then you have to wait an extra 3 days before you can get another one (if you get one every week). Also, 3 days just for a colour to be changed in my usertitle. Annoying. Plus your wasting 3 days of the features you want etc.

J0SH
26-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I really think the desision should lie with nick. If he feels he needs help then yep thete should be anoter. if not then its is own choice.

I am sure 3 days aint gonna kill you.

You just copied what CHA!N said, congratulations. 3 Days is a long time just to wait for something that could be done in 2 minutes if the people are logged on, we need more editors as Nick obviously has a life to live and one person can not deal with all of the requests.. And if there was no need for another editor why would I have made this thread to see peoples views on this also? :S

Con
26-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I agree slightly.
Maybe a couple of Editors as I had to wait quite a while for my rep + UT.

Idea to be considered

Hayd93
27-09-2008, 07:25 AM
You just copied what CHA!N said, congratulations. 3 Days is a long time just to wait for something that could be done in 2 minutes if the people are logged on, we need more editors as Nick obviously has a life to live and one person can not deal with all of the requests.. And if there was no need for another editor why would I have made this thread to see peoples views on this also? :S
Ye 2 mintunes by when 15 people request something there is 30 mins gone ;)

no waiii
27-09-2008, 08:31 AM
i didnt read all the posts but people say they might get confused with all the people posting and mmight end up doing things twice but mabey if you add a new thread and one person dose one thread and the other dose another and mabey if people post in both threads trying to get more rep points or sumthing they get a warning..

Hayd93
27-09-2008, 08:34 AM
i didnt read all the posts but people say they might get confused with all the people posting and mmight end up doing things twice but mabey if you add a new thread and one person dose one thread and the other dose another and mabey if people post in both threads trying to get more rep points or sumthing they get a warning..
Good idea.

Or admin a is in charge of doing namechanges and rep and admin b is in charge of user titles

Inseriousity.
27-09-2008, 09:40 AM
I can't pay for rep... got no way of doing it so maybe someone should... erm... buy me some for "experiment" purposes and see how long it takes :p

lolol oj but yeah, there should be more than one. I don't really see how they can get in the way of each other and it will help keep the forum running more efficently :)

Havoline
27-09-2008, 09:46 AM
i got my name change in like less than a day ?

Jxhn
27-09-2008, 09:49 AM
i got my name change in like less than a day ?

:( I posted mine like 3 days ago and it still hasn't been done. Do the VIP editors not realise they should do the oldest threads first.

EDIT: Actually 5 days.

OhLiam
27-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Thats the stupidest thing I have ever seen you say.

I can afford it easily, but I dont because I dont think its worth it. So your little theory of "if you had the money you would buy it" is just moronic.

On topic, I think there should be two VIP dudes.

hehehe,
'stupidest'

In my opinion users pay for the extra features so they should receive them within a day of requesting, thats why maybe they should think about taking on another editor.

AgnesIO
27-09-2008, 12:08 PM
hehehe,
'stupidest'

In my opinion users pay for the extra features so they should receive them within a day of requesting, thats why maybe they should think about taking on another editor.

Agreed :)

I read it at first as 'Users should have to pay for them to get there features' (As abn extra to VIP costs :P)

J0SH
27-09-2008, 04:54 PM
@ No waii, that's a bad idea, just stick it into the one thread because as soon as one editor does all the stuff they post anyway saying that they've done it - If they do it at the same time they will obviously see that the other editor has already done a few usertitles and would step back to let him finish them.

This is another reason why we need more then 1 editor, obviously Nick is busy etc I thank him for work etc but I've waited 5 days and we need another editor. :(

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/Joshsyndrome/usertitle.png

The Professor
27-09-2008, 05:03 PM
As much as I love the idea of having one person doing it so two people aren't tripping over each other, I'm sure we could sort some system where two people could do it somehow. Its not a case of Nick being uncommited or doing a bad job, indeed I know very few staff as good or commited as him, but clearly the current setup has some fairly fundamental flaws. If we're offering a service like this I think a couple of days is reasonable but anything over 3 days is certainly pushing it. And now I sound like Gomme and must stop hanging around him because he's rubbing off on me :P

The above is all personal opinion and not the official habbox line in the slightest ;) Being in moderation I don't have much input to this process at all :P It actually sounds like more of a CS thing, maybe the process can be distributed between the CS team.

J0SH
27-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Hopefully something will be put in place like a old system of how they used to do it with 2 editors. :P

Anticimex
27-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I totally agree. Nick- is doing a great job, but he needs more help, since there are loads of members.

Test:Tube:Baby
27-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I don't know if it's been suggested already, but wouldn't it be easier to have different threads for requesting each different feature?

That way one editor could be assigned to one set of features, and the other one could be assigned to the others and they wouldn't be getting in each others way.

Con
27-09-2008, 05:57 PM
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp114/Joshsyndrome/usertitle.png
Theres good evidence of how long it takes.

About 2 editors I just had an idea but i'm not sure if it would work.
If we have two editors and then have 2 threads each of them have their own thread to work on.
One is "Request your VIP Reputation"
The other is "Request your VIP usertitle changes"
Then the person that is most active/commited can work on the one which takes more time.
Or they can keep swapping each month etc.

OMG EDIT:

I don't know if it's been suggested already, but wouldn't it be easier to have different threads for requesting each different feature?

That way one editor could be assigned to one set of features, and the other one could be assigned to the others and they wouldn't be getting in each others way.
LOL. I just thought of that as well without reading post :p

The Professor
27-09-2008, 06:50 PM
The problem with having two threads is we would still get the same problem, except it'd only be with usertitles/name changes rather than both. But the problem with having two people doing the same thing is that some things get done twice and some get missed. I can completely see why we've only had one thus far, I think we need to sit down around a table with a nice cuppa and dream up some sort of system to fix it.

Con
27-09-2008, 07:10 PM
The problem with having two threads is we would still get the same problem, except it'd only be with usertitles/name changes rather than both. But the problem with having two people doing the same thing is that some things get done twice and some get missed. I can completely see why we've only had one thus far, I think we need to sit down around a table with a nice cuppa and dream up some sort of system to fix it.

I think the staff from vB need to do that :O
Then we request it in some machine / user CP and just click like "Get VIP Reputation". + For UT just go click "Cuztomize usertitle" :P

GommeInc
27-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I think the staff from vB need to do that :O
Then we request it in some machine / user CP and just click like "Get VIP Reputation". + For UT just go click "Cuztomize usertitle" :P
Perhaps change the current system? Get 2 VIP Editors plus 1 Thread.

In the thread you MUST state what you want changed e.g. rep added, user title, name change etc and state what you are/were before the change so you'll have a form like below:

Issue: Name Change

Before Change: GommeInc
After Change: StudMuffin...Inc

And a rep change could look like:

Issue: VIP Rep

Before Change: 1000 points
After Change: 1250 points

That is of course, guessing the rep changes are done by adding 250 points, but the principal still applies.

And a Usertitle Edit could be:

Issue: New Usertitle

Before Change: The INC means International N Committee
After Change: More Than Just A MUFFIN

That way the VIP Editor(s) can see what changes are what. And perhaps when 1 Editor has done one task, they could tick or mark in the reply "Request Changed."

Failing that, get your coders to code a VIPRequest page and add it to the forum directory, or however you write up the VIP / Rules / FAQ pages as shown above and have it so it's done via a form, but that may also prove a bit too much hassle when you have to figure out how the forms are read, either through email or somehow making a forum where they end up, but that depends if vBulletin have such tools.

27-09-2008, 07:30 PM
How about just removing the post once it was been dealt with, like you do in the reputation and infractions threads?

GommeInc
27-09-2008, 07:33 PM
How about just removing the post once it was been dealt with, like you do in the reputation and infractions threads?
That'll work :P What does the VIP Request look like anyway?

Wayne
27-09-2008, 07:34 PM

That's a better idea. :P

Agnostic Bear
27-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Failing that, get your coders to code a VIPRequest page and add it to the forum directory, or however you write up the VIP / Rules / FAQ pages as shown above and have it so it's done via a form, but that may also prove a bit too much hassle when you have to figure out how the forms are read, either through email or somehow making a forum where they end up, but that depends if vBulletin have such tools.

That's a pretty smart idea and very easy to put in, just a few bits of code here and there and it could be fully automated, i.e giving rep as soon as vip is purchased and things.

Hazza
27-09-2008, 07:35 PM
I think the current system is fine, no need to change that, we just need a new editor. These threads go way in depth when not needed sometimes :P

GommeInc
27-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I think the current system is fine, no need to change that, we just need a new editor. These threads go way in depth when not needed sometimes :P
Not really, the current system is built for one editor, having 2 would prove difficult with changes being made like rep being added twice :P

Hazza
27-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Its not built for one editor? The only way it could go wrong is if they both do it at the same time, which is highly unlikely.

The way it works is...
1: Usertitle to blahblah
2: Rep please
3: this as usertitle
etcetc.

Then Nick- comes online and does all the requests then posts;
1 - Usertitle Changed
2 - Rep Added
3 - Usertitle Changed.
etcetc.

Name change are in separate threads which only the person requesting and Nick- can see, and in that he changes the name and posts "Name from :Singer to Blah"

I don't see how its built for one user? The person who is going to edit them will go from where the last left off.

GommeInc
27-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Its not built for one editor? The only way it could go wrong is if they both do it at the same time, which is highly unlikely.

The way it works is...
1: Usertitle to blahblah
2: Rep please
3: this as usertitle
etcetc.

Then Nick- comes online and does all the requests then posts;
1 - Usertitle Changed
2 - Rep Added
3 - Usertitle Changed.
etcetc.

Name change are in separate threads which only the person requesting and Nick- can see, and in that he changes the name and posts "Name from :Singer to Blah"

I don't see how its built for one user? The person who is going to edit them will go from where the last left off.
Tis very likely :S If aload of VIPs reply in the thread for requests, only one can do them because there's a chance of the two running into each other. The current system would be a mess unless they are talking to each other, wasting more time deciding which ones to change. The system would have to change to one of the following:

- A form handler.
- An odds and evens job (for example, 1 editor deals with posts 1,3,5,7 and the other 2,4,6,8) which is flawed anyway, because those posts need deleting at some point.
- A thread with forms saying before and after changes (which is more work for VIPs if anything).

And what other people may have suggested. Unless you're expecting one editor to be on from 1am to 12pm and another taking a shift between 1pm to 12am so they won't clash, which would be odd and random :P

Hazza
27-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I just think we need a new VIP editor, not because Nick- isn't good at his job, he just isn't on enough anymore. 5 days is longggggggggg and thats 5 days of features you aren't getting.

27-09-2008, 07:55 PM
And what other people may have suggested. Unless you're expecting one editor to be on from 1am to 12pm and another taking a shift between 1pm to 12am so they won't clash, which would be odd and random :P

Is it just me, or is that the best idea posted so far?

GommeInc
27-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I just think we need a new VIP editor, not because Nick- isn't good at his job, he just isn't on enough anymore. 5 days is longggggggggg and thats 5 days of features you aren't getting.
Agreed. Nick- does a good job, but the last time someone came up with idea he got very defensive. Not being rude or anything to Nick-, but people are paying for these features and they should be done ASAP. In some cases he does do them ASAP, but there is no harm in having another helping hand to help make those changes come through the production line faster.

Is it just me, or is that the best idea posted so far?
Please say you're joking :P It's isn't flexible and means volunteers have to be on at specfic times, and means the two can't have a night life or day life :P

27-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I was joking :P But when you think about it...

Con
27-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I have probably missed so many posts but anyway.

I don't see how the two editors would 'Overlap' because as long as they keep that thread open... Then if the other editor goes to start editing and sees that the other one is on that page then they just don't do it?

Unless it works differently but still.

CHA!NGANG
27-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't think you should delete previous posts. Speaking from experience it helps to go back if you want to change your usertitle and c+p your old coding and change a few bits rather than creating it fresh and it saves a lot of time. If you delete old posts, then you have to start new.

Hazza
27-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Exactly what I thought.

nvrspk4
28-09-2008, 06:02 AM
I know this is a frustratingly insubstantial answer, but this will be looking into, I promise. (Well I'm already looking into it just waiting on some responses :))

Hazza
28-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I know this is a frustratingly insubstantial answer, but this will be looking into, I promise. (Well I'm already looking into it just waiting on some responses :))
Thanks for the reply, hopefully Nick- will come on today and do these. :)

J0SH
28-09-2008, 01:42 PM

IceNineKills
28-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm sure you would buy VIP if you could afford it. It's like poorer people hating rich people when they see them driving around in there nice cars but as soon as they win the lottery or get there hands on a load of money, what do they go and do? :rolleyes:

As said in the quote, I can afford it I just don't see the point in buying it. I would rather save the £1.50 for something more important.

J0SH
29-09-2008, 01:54 PM
What can you buy for £1.50 that's actually important? :P

7 Days onward and still no Nick, he must have internet problems or something.

Hazza
29-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Can someone please just step in and sort out the requests for now? Its been a week since they were last done.

J0SH
30-09-2008, 01:39 PM
8 Days nao... :(

Ajthedragon
30-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I think H0BJ0Bs an editer now.

Mayyte
30-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't mind helping out with VIP Editing tbh.
I'm on the forum everyday and besides that, I'm good at getting the job done

Hazza
30-09-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm sure many people wouldn't mind (I wouldn't either) but its who they can trust seeing I think you need access the Admin CP to do it? I'm not sure. Can a admin/AGM check out my thread please.

Favourtism
30-09-2008, 06:29 PM
H0BJ0B isn't an admin so how can he be the editor :p

Im guessing it will be an AGM/ADMIN/SMOD ;o

lAscend
30-09-2008, 06:33 PM
If i remember correctly elkaa was acting VIP editor when nick- was away, so why can't josh the other admin do some of VIP editing and he could prioritse his other work load :)

Favourtism
30-09-2008, 06:34 PM
If i remember correctly elkaa was acting VIP editor when nick- was away, so why can't josh the other admin do some of VIP editing and he could prioritse his other work load :)
I think joshuar is away aswell :p

lAscend
30-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I think joshuar is away aswell :p

Ive seen him around the forum lol :D

Ohirian
30-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I think Josh is away.
I think it's unfair tbh when some people have spent £4 and we can't have a usertitle changed or Rep added.

Coldplay
30-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Bring Wayne back!

Or hire me.

30-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Bring Wayne back!

Or hire me.
Bring back Wayne! :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!