PDA

View Full Version : October London MCM expo

Emjin
26-09-2008, 03:13 PM
So I didn't see anything about this one since the one in May, is anyone going again? :D I havn't looked into any guests so not sure who'll be there this year, I only really wanna go for the pretty cosplayers :P

This year nothing from anime for me; going as lolita. If you see me please don't kick me too hard :3 This is what I'm wearing this year.
http://i37.tinypic.com/30b1awj.jpg

Nemo
26-09-2008, 04:32 PM
i was thinking of going, no one to go with though. Might ask a friend tho, he might be interested. Some idiots from my school are going though, dont really wanna see em.

Also, i havew nothing to cosplay as amg

Neversoft
26-09-2008, 05:10 PM
I was going to go with two of my mates but we're all skint. So we skipped the October one and are going to go again in May. They're making it even bigger this year so missing it is such a shame. I'm gonna feel so depressed the weekend it's on because I won't be there, lol. I had such a fun time during the one in May, one of the best weekends of my life. I'm definitely going to become a regular once my cash starts flowing in. :P

Next time we go we're going to stay until Monday, so we can spend the whole sunday at the expo and won't have to leave early to get a train or whatever. We won't have to rush off an get home early either, and we can look buy some other stuff from the shops in the area. :eusa_danc I remember leaving the expo last time. It was a ***** having to carry all of our stuff around with us in the expo on sunday, since we couldn't leave it at the hotel anymore. When we went home and I got off the train and walked home with my mates it suddenly just hit me that I was back in reality, and had college again in a week. While at the expo I didn't think about work, money or anything. It's like a different world there, that's why it's so good. Any fan of anime and/or manga should go. You won't regret it.

DarrenToogood
26-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Someone in my media class is into all of this and goes to expo...

I am only interested in the Hentai ;)

Niall!
26-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Someone in my media class is into all of this and goes to expo...

Sicko.

Emjin
26-09-2008, 08:00 PM

I lol'd. Tbh the amount of costumes YOU would enjoy at the expo would be enough. Last time we were there I saw a handful of 50+ men who looked like they had no interest in anime whatsoever if you get my drift....

PaulMacC
27-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Sicko.
I lol'd at that +rep

Southe,
27-09-2008, 12:01 PM
i might go. butneed someone to go with or meet up with.. not gonna go if im on my tod lol..

Niall!
28-09-2008, 11:33 AM
i was thinking of going, no one to go with though. Might ask a friend tho, he might be interested. Some idiots from my school are going though, dont really wanna see em.

Also, i havew nothing to cosplay as amg

This (http://www.399cosplayshop.com/japanese-anime-cosplay-costumes/code-geass-lelouch-of-the-rebellion/lelouch-lamperouges-zero-cloak.php)

Nemo
28-09-2008, 11:47 AM
£30, nty. would be hawt tho

Neversoft
21-10-2008, 02:05 PM
£30 is friggin' cheap for cosplay.

Did you know they're holding a ******* world record attempt on the 25th at the Expo to have the largest gathering of people dressed up as video game characters. Not only that, but the day before it is the opening of the London Games Festival. I've just been slapped in the face continiously. If I had known all of this was going to take place I would have got my tickets and gone without a second thought! PLUS A ******* ARCADE VERSION OF STREET FIGHTER IV IS GONNA BE THERE, WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?! I'm missing out on so much! I knew I should have gone even without money! I want to be a part of this!

My son in 30 years time will look in the Guiness Book of World Records and see 'largest gathering of people dressed up as video game characters' and I'll be able to say "yeah, I couldn't gone to that but didn't" :'(

Why, why, why!? I can't believe what I'm missing out on!

Roboevil
21-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh, is this the weekend coming, or the one just passed?

Neversoft
21-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Weekend coming.

Neversoft
25-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Could anyone going to the expo do me a favour? :D You'll probably see while walking around, but could you see if ADV (an anime distribution company, last time they were selling animes such as guyver, utawarerumono, elfen lied, neon genesis evangelion, pumpkin scissor's, coyote ragtime show, this ugly yet beautiful world, etc) are there? Like see if they have a stall and everything. Last time they had a fairly large stall which had ADV written all over it, and a giant Elfen Lied wallscroll at the back. I just wanna known because I keep hearing rumours that they closed down their London office and won't be at anymore UK conventions. Thanks.

Niall!
25-10-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm going as Megaman

Nemo
25-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm going as Megaman
pics pls.

Shinigami
28-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I went, it wasnt as great as previous expos imo; but im happy with what I bought. And I also got Brea Grant & Greg Grunberg's (Daphne and Matt from Heroes) autographs :)

Neversoft
01-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Holy ****, no one told me Light's American voice actor sung The World by Nightmare (first Death Note opening) at the expo!

youtube.com/watch?v=lul8oOMdPd4

In Japanese and everything. He is by far the best and the only good voice actor in the dubbed version of Death Note. Why'd I have to go when that lame guy who voiced L went?

Shinigami
01-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Holy ****, no one told me Light's American voice actor sung The World by Nightmare (first Death Note opening) at the expo!

youtube.com/watch?v=lul8oOMdPd4

In Japanese and everything. He is by far the best and the only good voice actor in the dubbed version of Death Note. Why'd I have to go when that lame guy who voiced L went?

ah brad swaile, i was gonna get his autograph but the queue was immense and id bought smileys for heroes so i left the queue :(

Neversoft
01-11-2008, 10:35 PM
ah brad swaile, i was gonna get his autograph but the queue was immense and id bought smileys for heroes so i left the queue :(

Awh, I would have stayed in that queue even if it took all day! :P Autographs are free, right?

Shinigami
01-11-2008, 10:42 PM
brad swaile's was free, heroes was £15 per autograph

Neversoft
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Ahh, good old Brad. What a legend.

Now I feel like even more of an idiot for not going despite money problems. :P

Emjin
02-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Hmm, this years was good, though I missed the whole world record thing, and I wanted to get tickets to the Cosplay ball they were holding, but they sold old really quickly.. although most people said it was pretty rubbish anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!