PDA

View Full Version : Alterations forum

Bear-Max
30-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Could we divide the Furni Alterations into different sections?

For instance Furni Alterations
>Recolours
>Original Ideas
>From Scratch

I just think it would work better, in the forum we have now, scoring seems so disproportionate. A recolour often ends up with higher marks than a piece of new furniture made from scratch. If the forum was divided up, these scores would seem in context and make more sense (ie. a 7/10 recolour is not necessarily better than a 4/10 furiture from scratch).

Smiddy
30-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Despite the fact that i tend not to use that forum it does sound like a Brilliant Idea Bear :)

Maybe you Should Get In Touch With a Forum Admin About The Idea ;)

Roboevil
30-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Humm, some of it is, I use those forums loads, and most of the marks are just personal opinions, most people say like 10/10 or w.e just so they may recieve rep or something. I think that there definately should be a new section for recolours, as although it count's as an alt, your not doing much, the skill is choosing shades which isn't that hard, I see about 10 recolours on the first page of the alt's thread right now - annoying. I don't see the point in making one for original ideas? As it's still an alt, besides what count's as original? From scratch is rather stupid, hardly anyone starts from scratch, I personally, mostly always start from scratch, only minor thing's you don't.
I'm not sure if there already is, but I think in the questions and comments about alts section, should be a stickied thread on alt ideas. It would help alot as many people tend to do the same thing's, pc's, posters, sometimes many people only attempt at the easy one.

-whiteflame-
30-06-2005, 05:59 PM
hmmmm sounds strangely familiar. oh yeah, i suggested it in the alts forum :p

Urges
30-06-2005, 06:29 PM
The idea is quite good - people may get a little confused though.

Bear-Max
30-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Ah right, sorry if you've already suggested it ;)

I couldn't think of names for what I mean when I posted that. Original ideas I was thinking along the lines that you use something that's already been made as a base and build on it, using an original or new idea - like a single space HC Sofa (as unoriginal as that may be :P).

I also suggested from scratch as I tend only to work in that way :)

Anyhow, that was just a rough guide to show you guys what I meant.

RedStratocas
01-07-2005, 12:04 AM
I was thinking an "Other habbo alterations" forum. I think "Other alterations" should be non habbo related, and "Other habbo alterations" should be habbo alts that arent furni

Kekea
01-07-2005, 12:22 AM
I was thinking an "Other habbo alterations" forum. I think "Other alterations" should be non habbo related, and "Other habbo alterations" should be habbo alts that arent furni
Yeah I agree with that

Roboevil
01-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Ditto, people tend to make alot of dolls.

Mr.Kylee
01-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Those ideas are really nice but do you have any ideas how many sections that would be? Uf, too much and it would seem like this forum is all about alterations and stuff if it had like 10 sections from it.

Bear-Max
01-07-2005, 12:57 PM
No, you could have one category saying "Alterations", and then when you go into that divide it up into 3 separate ones.

If you dont get what I mean click on the "Anything about Websites" category.

Roboevil
01-07-2005, 01:33 PM
No, you could have one category saying "Alterations", and then when you go into that divide it up into 3 separate ones.

If you dont get what I mean click on the "Anything about Websites" category.
Sub-Forums then?

Discountguy
01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
i agree this would be a perfect idea! it is really anoying now when i go to see the altertations forum, post after post is a recolour, i think everyone should stop spending a few minutes on recolours f and really start trying to do an alt

Having a sub-forum for recolours would be ideal for newbies (and some other members)who like recolouring!

Y!
01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
It's a good idea.

sierk1
01-07-2005, 08:20 PM
I think it's a good idea to give the Furni Alterations forum a subforum for recolourings.

When I made the Avatar alterations forum, it was meant for habbo avatars (habbos) that were changed, like given different clothes and costumes, but now i think it's used for forum avatars. I propose the following:
-we rename the Avatar alts forum to Forum Avatar pictures and move it together with the signature pics forum
-we rename the Other alts forum to Other Habbo alts (so besides the furni alts)
-we make an extra forum for Alterations (Non Habbo Related)

Let me know what you think of this.

the wombats
01-07-2005, 08:21 PM
ye thats great sierk :D

Roboevil
01-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Yes! We could have it like this or something
Seeing as there are alot of sub-forums, you could move "Request an alteration" into Graphics help, as it you would need help for that...
What do you think? Say if iv'e missed out anything.

Graphics
Elite Alterations and Animations
Elite Alterations and Animations (Non-Habbo related)
Habbo Alterations
>Furni Alterations
>Furni recolourations
>Other Habbo Alterations
Other Non-Habbo related Alterations
Animations
Graphics Help
>Tutorials and Guides
>Questions or comments about Alterations
>Request an alteration
Forum graphics
>Signature pictures
>Avatar pictures

Bear-Max
01-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Yay, glad to see this idea is working and incorporating everyone else's thoughts, too :D

AndieJohanny
02-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Yes! We could have it like this or something
Seeing as there are alot of sub-forums, you could move "Request an alteration" into Graphics help, as it you would need help for that...
What do you think? Say if iv'e missed out anything.

Graphics
Elite Alterations and Animations
Elite Alterations and Animations (Non-Habbo related)
Habbo Alterations
>Furni Alterations
>Furni recolourations
>Other Habbo Alterations
Other Non-Habbo related Alterations
Animations
Graphics Help
>Tutorials and Guides
>Questions or comments about Alterations
>Request an alteration
Forum graphics
>Signature pictures
>Avatar pictures

Amen to that, it would make it easier to know where to put your thread :eusa_danc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!